Friday, September 09, 2011


THE NEW YEAR... changes ahead (Part 78h)

It didn’t take long for Eric (the former racer) to step in and fill Lance’s roll as the ”go to“ guy for airmen at the base who either wanted to buy or sell a car. The difference was that Eric had the money to fix up the cars that he bought and I was no longer needed. Not that I made all that much money but it did serve to provide me with ”pocket change“. Eric had been after me to get started on the race car but with no garage to get in out of the weather I didn’t have a lot of enthusiasm for it in January. The first thing that needed to be done was to reweld the roll cage and bumpers. On this one night Elle was being especially amourous and after putting the kids to bed she came into the living room in just her bra and panties. She would tease me that way but made me wait until she was sure the kids were asleep before she’d let me ”play“. You can imagine the shock when there was a knock on the door. She jumped up and ran down the hall while I answered the door. It was Eric. I knew better than to ask him in even though Elle was down in the bedroom. I stood on the top step as he told me he had found a place where he could use the welder. I didn’t have a coat and hadn’t intended to stay out for long but Eric had something in his car he wanted to show me. I’m guessing but it was probably a good half hour that we sat in his car talking about the upcoming season. He had the motor running and the heat on so I wasn’t cold. When I walked back inside I found Elle asleep on the couch. It was one of those positions that begged for a picture. All I had to do was get the camera without waking her up... and I did. I actually got two and she never knew it. One thing I’d learned was that when Elle was in a good mood it was best to take advantage of it before she fell asleep. Unfortunately for me on that night I missed out on the ”pay off“.

By the time President’s Day weekend came up we were both excited about the trip to the city. Elle’s brother had finished his time in the Army and had gotten a job in the city along with a small apartment. He invited us to stay there while he went home to visit his parents but had agreed to meet us at the train station and to take us to it. There were only two trains into the city with the early one leaving shortly after 6:30am. President’s Day was on a Friday and we had taken the kids to Elle’s parents the night before. Our plan was to return on the early train out of the city on Sunday leaving around 9:45am. That meant we had three nights to ourselves and I had plans for all of them. Because of Elle’s ”problem“ we packed extra panties and pads or ”supplies“ but I took the extra step of packing some of the nylon satin panties and a couple of fancy panties. I would’ve loved to have had Elle wear some of them for the trip in but knew it would be well over three hours for the trip so settled on a ”package“.(x)

It was a very wise choice. Elle’s brother was there at the station waiting for us but since none of us had any real food he insisted that he treat us for breakfast. Even though it was a national holiday and a lot of workers were off, every place we went was crowded. The little shop we ended up eating at was not an option for Elle to change her ”package“ so by the time we reached her brother’s apartment it had reached capacity.

When we had last seen her brother all he could do was to brag about what a great place he’d found to live. We had to walk quite a distance from the closest subway and the further we walked the more concerned Elle and I became. It was clearly a part of the city that had seen better days. When we reached our destination I wasn’t sure I wanted to enter. There were run down stores on both sides of the street and garbage laying in the gutters. Her brother led us to a doorway between two stores and we climbed a pair of rickety stairs to the second floor. It appeared that there were two more levels to the building as we waited for him to open the door. Walking in I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was incredibly dark to begin with. All the walls were dark wood and there were only two windows that we could see. What would have been a living room had but two straight backed chairs and a wooden crate with a small lamp on it. I was shaking my head as we were led into the back part. The kitchen had a refrigerator like the one I remember being in my grandparents house when I lived with them during WWII. The stove was on legs and the sink was stained almost orange. By the time we got to the bedroom I was ready to leave. There was one window and all I could see out of it was a fire escape. The first thing I saw that was somewhat normal was the bed. It was a double bed and was made up. There was a single bulb hanging from the ceiling and other than his Army chest the room was bare. As he was Elle’s brother I kept my mouth shut.(xx)

It was a very wise choice. Elle’s brother was there at the station waiting for us but since none of us had any real food he insisted that he treat us for breakfast. Even though it was a national holiday and a lot of workers were off, every place we went was crowded. The little shop we ended up eating at was not an option for Elle to change her ”package“ so by the time we reached her brother’s apartment it had reached capacity.

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

What a great candid pic. Still love this blog.