Sunday, April 29, 2012

END OF SUMMER... September (Part 90h)

Elle greeted me with good news when I got home. Jan’s sister had called and had actually come over to meet her and the kids. She was interested but with the caveat that if she could get a full day time job she’d leave. I’d briefly met her when she was in the process of moving into my grandfather’s carriage house apartment. Her name was Janice which puzzled me in that her sister’s name was Janet although she went by Jan. I’ve always wondered why parents did things like that to their kids when giving them names. In any case, as to the question of pay, it would be $5 a day and we’d provide breakfast and lunch. That last part was the clincher for her as the apartment didn’t have a kitchen and she had to eat a lot of her meals out at the diner.

The next morning I ran into John in the parking lot and he had a newspaper. I’d only told him a little about my working for the Audit and Control department so when he handed me the paper there was a big headline about an investigation concerning the former Assistant County Controller. There wasn’t a lot of information but the article said that the focus was on weather he had been running his private business out of his county office. I remember standing there and shaking. As I gathered my thoughts I remembered Jay’s comment to me on Saturday night that there was still something going on concerning Leo. The headline confirmed it.

Needless to say that news was the topic of conversation in the office... until Mrs K walked in. She made a comment about it and then told us to get to work. John and I still had to score the typing part of the exam and create and post the list of those who had passed. We’d been working on it for a while when John mumbled something about wishing he had taken down the name of the woman who had “given him some excitement” the day before. That was all I needed. Because we were at a common table in the middle of the workspace we had to keep the conversation quiet but I acknowledged his statement and added that I’d seen one almost as good. He turned and looked right at me with this big grin on his face. He asked if it was always that way. I answered that for this location it was but that next week it wasn’t. I was pleased with knowing that he liked panty peeks but I also knew that I had to be patient with trying to expand upon it.

I was eating supper on that night when Eric called to see if I wanted to go up to Rick’s place again. Saturday night was closing night at the race track so I used that as a bit of a “wedge” when telling Elle where I was going. She was teaching the next day and had planned on going to bed early so, somewhat resigned to the fact that I was going weather she “blessed’ the idea or not, gave me a kiss and said ”Good Night“.

The reason I wanted to go was that one of Rick’s crew was in the process of building a race car to race in the same class as I did. In talking to him on Saturday night he hadn't made up his mind if he was going to run a six or eight cylinder motor in the next season even though he had all the parts for an eight cylinder one. I didn’t say anything at the time but the thought that he might sell it had me instantly excited. I decided to ask even though I didn’t have any money to spare.

His name was Bernie but he went by the nickname ”Bags“ as his face resembled that of a Basset Hound. When you looked at him you couldn't miss the bags under his eyes. He was sort of hyper and it was hard to pin him down in both his motion as well as decision making. One nice benefit of my attention to him on that night was that the dark haired girl I’d seen the week prior was his girlfriend. As I watched in the dim light of the barn I could only imagine what she looked like in daylight. I felt she was pretty enough to have been a fashion model. I remember staring at her for an extended period of time (maybe 30 to 40 seconds) and visualizing her walking around in just a bra and panties. Reality came when Rick started the motor of his race car. With the walls so close and only one door open it was truly deafening. Bags grabbed hold of his girlfriend and headed for the door. I waited for a minute or so but my ears couldn’t take the constant revving of the engine (There are no mufflers on race cars.) and then headed the same way. Once outside the noise was at least tolerable but my ears were still ringing. I looked for Bags and saw him hugging his girlfriend while leaning against one of the cars parked out side. For all intents and purposes it was dark out but there was still the last glimmer of daylight. As I looked at where they were standing I could see his hands on her butt and, more importantly, two little bits of white from under the cuffs of her shorts. Very, very interesting.

By the time Eric and I left I got a promise that when Bags made up his mind about what he was going to run for a motor the following year he’d let me know. Even though I was broke I was already excited about the next year of racing and was starting to plan on how to ferret some money away for a new motor.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Sounds like some fruitful developments in all categories! I always find it hard to believe that there are actually some guys who DON'T like looking up a girl's skirt.