Friday, April 06, 2012

SUMMER... August, at home (Part 89a)

There were a few things of note during the latter part of the month. One was the night I woke up hearing the phone ringing. Elle’s ears were usually “tuned” to hear any noise, fully expecting that it would be one of the kids. I don’t know how long it rang but Elle sure didn’t hear it. I ran down the hall to answer it and found it was Jan, the young nurse who was looking after my grandfather at night, in a panic. She had heard my grandfather get up and thought he was headed for the bathroom only he headed down the hall to the front door. By the time she caught up with him he was trying to open it but couldn't. She said she couldn’t get his attention and, in her terms, it appeared he was having a “spell“. She wanted me to get over there as soon as possible. I woke Elle, put on clothes and was there in less than 10 minutes. When I walked in (through the kitchen door) I saw it was around 3am. I found my grandfather sitting on the stairs to the second floor, all flushed and agitated. I noticed Jan cowering in the doorway to the front parlor but didn’t pay any attention to her. I was able to get my grandfather’s attention and when I did he wanted to know why he was on the stairs. I told him I wanted to know as well. He truly was confused.

I sat down next to him and suggested that since it was after 3am it would be a good idea to get to bed. He didn’t argue and I helped him get up. That was when I really noticed Jan for the first time. She’d been standing in the darkened doorway and when I started walking my grandfather down the hall she followed us. When my father moved my grandfather downstairs he set up a series of small table lamps in each room so that if he did get up to go to the bathroom he’d be able to see. That meant there really wasn’t much light. When I was trying to get my grandfather into bed Jan came up to help. Even with the low light I could see right through her pajama top. It almost looked like she was wearing tissue paper. Once we had him settled we went back into the living room and I told her that I’d sleep over, just to make sure he was OK and that I’d take him to his doctor in the morning. Where we’d stopped to talk was right in front of one of the lamps. Looking at Jan I could clearly see not only her nipples but also the outline of her panties. The material of her pajamas really didn’t hide very much. (I subsequently learned that the material was called chambray and was designed to be light and airy) Jan was very appreciative of my offer and then disappeared into her room. I ended up trying to sleep in the chaise that my grandfather always used to take his naps. I set it up right outside his door so that if he did get up he couldn’t get by. Needless to say I didn’t sleep much.

Unfortunately, I was asleep when Jan got up so I missed a chance to see her in her pajamas as she walked by to go get washed up for work. When she came back she was in her uniform but carrying the pajamas. She had to leave at 7:30am for the hospital which meant there was about a half hour before the man who worked for my grandfather, Wally, got there. I made sure I took advantage of that time. My grandfather was snoring away so when I went into Jan’s room I knew I was pretty safe. The clothes she’d been carrying were in a pile on her unmade bed. I carefully opened them up to get at the panties. I could feel they were the soft combed cotton type. I pulled them out from the pajamas and immediately put them up to my nose as I smelled something. It was obviously perfume. It was always dark in that room so I carried them out into the living room and out to the bay window to get more light. The first thing I noticed was that the label was on the outside and attached to the waist elastic. I’d only seen that once before and reading the name on it, Argo Knit, I tried to remember when and where. But that wasn’t the only thing about these panties that had me a bit intrigued. They looked brand new as the label was still crisp. I could see a faint discoloration in the crotch. With the bright sunshine coming through the window I could see the faint outline of a stain. Without that bright light I’m not sure I would’ve noticed it. It wasn’t enough to fill the crotch area but it was obvious that she’d ”leaked“ more than a few drops. I remember standing there wondering what had happened to cause it.

When I returned to her room to put them back with her pajamas I got the idea to check them as well. I’d never felt the material they were made of before and was amazed at how soft it was. To get more light I took them back to the window but couldn’t be sure. I put the crotch up to my nose and all I could smell was a faint aura of perfume. I was still wondering.

By the time I’d put the panties and pajamas back on the bed it was almost 8am and time for Wally to arrive. Her bureau was right there so I opened the top drawer. Right on top were two pair of folded panties. I picked them up and saw the same name, ”Argo Knit” as was on the panties that I’d just inspected These were definitely new. Attached to them was a Woolworth price tag... 74 cents. The Woolworth store was directly across the street from the house. I surmised that she’d just bought them. As I folded them back up I heard Wally calling me. I’d left my car in the driveway when I’d gotten there and he couldn’t get past. I quickly put the panties back and went to tell him of my grandfather’s “escapade”.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Pantymaven said...

For anyone still reading this... here's hoping you have a pleasant Easter or Passover.

oldblue said...

Never miss a word, unless I'm gone . Then always enjoy

badside said...

Talk about making a bad experience into a golden opportunity!