Friday, July 13, 2012

ADAPTING... three is enough (Part 95b)

I decided to take advantage of the time at my parents so went over to the garage to start gathering the pieces of my sailboat together for the upcoming racing season. Even though Elle had told me that she wouldn’t be crewing for me at least for the first part of the season, seeing the boat got me motivated. She'd been breast feeding the baby and had already seen how too much exertion would cut back on the amount of milk she produced. Her goal was to make it for four months if she could. I hadn’t put much thought into the sailing season choosing to focus on the race car. Seeing the boat again I immediately thought about asking Bobbi if she’d crew for me. As soon as I did I got a bit excited.

However, there wasn’t enough time to go down to Bobbi’s house especially if her aunt, Ali, was there and I didn't want to take a chance on that. There was still time to get in touch with her before the season actually started. Satisfied that I'd collected all the necessary parts and pieces for the boat I went back over to the beach. As I walked around the side of the house I couldn’t believe it when I saw Jan in swimming. It took a few seconds to realize she was still in her clothes. She’d changed into a pair of light tan shorts and a sleeveless blouse before we left my grandfathers house and I could see that's what she still had on. I asked my mother what was going on and she smiled and said that she’d egged Jan on to just go ahead and to get wet. She added that the temptation was just too great for her. I watched as she dog paddled around just hoping that I’d get a good VPL what with the wet shorts clinging to her butt. But my mother ruined that by going down to the water’s edge with a beach towel for her. By that time it was close to when we had to leave. I knew she’d brought her uniform but also knew her underwear was going to be wet when she put it on. I couldn’t wait to see how that worked out.

Walking down the path to the car I couldn’t tell. I was puzzled, for sure. We made it to the hospital in plenty of time. I figured that by sitting in the wet panties that it would show through her uniform but it didn’t. The only thing I knew was that she wasn’t wearing band leg cotton panties as the VPL on her lower hip showed but one thin line for the elastic. I was stumped and disappointed.

Taking Jan down to my parents gave Elle an idea on how to thank Marge for all the help she’d been giving to her. She’d decided to take her to her mother’s and give her a taste of one of the nicest parts of the area. Marge had told her that when she was a young girl and up into her early teen years she’d spent her Summers with her grandparents in New Hampshire. They lived within walking distance of a lake and she told Elle that she absolutely loved the water. When WWII came along the Summer trips ended. She got married to a soldier right after high school and soon had a son. She’d ended up living in Alabama, no where near the water but had missed it. When Elle told me about the idea I was all for it. The first question I had was "When?" and the second was would I be with them when it happened. I quickly figured that would be a good chance to finally check on Marge’s panties.

Preparing for opening night for the race car I bought two new racing tires called “slicks“ (called that because they had no tread). After mounting them I put one on the car and spun the wheel. I knew something was wrong as it appeared to wobble a bit. I checked it as best I could but couldn’t find what was wrong. Even though it was almost dark I decided to take it up to Rick’s barn. When I got there it seemed like an after race party as there were more females there than guys. Almost everybody had a beer in their hand. The two girls that stood out were Alicia, Bags’ girlfriend, and Rick’s sister. She was a little "pudgy"  but she nicely filled out her blouse and shorts. I guess the best word to describe them is ”tease“. Even though Alicia and Bags were going together I caught her flirting with another guy right after I arrived. In observing Rick's sister it seemed that she was playing the field. Interesting!

I explained my problem and one of the crew guys took it over to Rick’s car and put it on. He spun the wheel and immediately proclaimed that it was bent and should be thrown away. That wasn’t good news as I only had four racing wheels. I asked if they had one they could spare but the wheels they used were bigger than what I used. Bags said he wanted to help out but didn't want to give up his only  spare. As I was trying to figure out what to do I remembered that Jay had casually mentioned that one of his old race car buddies was building racing wheels as a sideline. As I left the barn all I could do was hope that Jay still had some ”pull“ with him and he could help me out.

On Friday Jay was really busy but said he'd make a phone call to the wheel guy. I fretted about it until it was almost time to go home when I got a call from him that the wheel would be at his house in the morning. I hadn't been to his new quarters so got the directions vowing to get there early in the morning. Early it was... for me. It was about 7:30am. Pulling into the driveway I saw a woman hanging clothes. She was wearing what I remember being called a "house coat" which was nothing but  a short, very light cotton robe. I watched her dig into her wash basket a couple of times and noticed that the coat wasn't buttoned. When she bent over I could see she was wearing panties but was braless. It appeared that she was ignoring me. I wanted to continue to watch but I knew she'd eventually see me so I got out and went to Jay's door. He hadn't seen me pull up and was just about to leave for one of his weekend carpentry jobs. It was a bit awkward for a few seconds but he stepped back and invited me in. As I stepped over the threshold I saw Jo darting across the room. My memory says that she had on a T shirt but it really looked like she didn't have panties on. I was a bit embarrassed and I think Jay was as well.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Sounds like a fruitful trip to Jay's place!