Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ADAPTING... hanging on (Part 97h)

Things with Elle’s mother were still a bit off-putting and I pretty much knew that by going to my parents house and not hers was only going to make it worse. Elle had taken the position that the problem wasn’t hers and was strictly her mother’s. I stayed out of it.

When we got there the kids wanted to see Dolly. They knew that she’d play with them. When we went looking for her out on the beach I was a bit disturbed to see an umbrella with three people around it. I’ve previously mentioned that right next to my parents property there was a 25 foot right of way (ROW). People who lived up the road used it as their public beach. My father was always having to chase trespassers away. I thought that’s what I was looking at and not a good way to start the day. By that time my parents had caught up with us and I pointed to the lady and what appeared to be her two kids. He laughed and said it was Edith, my grandfather’s new day nurse. I could only see the back of her head so that was my excuse.

One thing about nurses in those days... they had to adhere to a fairly strict dress code; white uniforms with white shoes and stockings plus a cap that represented the nursing school where they had graduated from. It was a pretty harsh look. So, to see Edith in a bathing suit and her hair down was a bit of a shock.  Not really pretty or even cute, she still was more attractive dressed this way. Introductions were made of her kids and then mine. Her boy was tall for his age (I’d guess he was 12) and good looking. The girl was a year younger and she was showing signs of becoming pretty. The girl, Sally, took immediate interest in playing with my kids. Anne, the younger one, notoriously shy with people she didn’t know or recognize, fooled me by going right to Sally and started digging in the sand. She wasn’t dressed for the beach but I chose to let her stay figuring that it was better for her to stay and really get acquainted.

it didn’t take long for there to be a crowd. The next door neighbors all came over and it looked like a beach party after just a few minutes. When Norma showed up with her son the sandy part of the beach was filled. I liked what Norma had chosen to wear if she wasn’t wearing her bathing suit under her shorts. They were a pale pink with wide legs and cuffs, perfect for peeks if the wind stayed calm and she had to sit inside the cockpit. Dolly and my mother set up a chaise on the lawn for Elle to observe the goings on. It was when I went up to talk with her that I really got a chance to observe the neighbor women, especially Jeanette.


Jeannette liked tight short shorts... and so did I. She also liked to wear sleeveless blouses with the shirt tails tied so that a bit of midrift showed. I’d gotten one DP back right after they had originally arrived because of that combination and I was hoping for another before I left with Norma. But it didn’t happen. I had to be satisfied with a VPL. Norma’s little boy had brought one of his toys and Jeanette’s son had snatched it away from him. When Jeanette went to retrieve it and to scold him she bent over at the waist and that beautiful half moon was jumping right out at me. I only wished I was closer. The only thing that would’ve made it better was if there had been a little peek of her panties from her waist or leg openings. As Norma and I were leaving I had a brief thought about what it would be like living next to Jeannette for the Summer

When we got to the sailing club I took the sails and Norma grabbed the rudder, tiller and tool kit. As I approached the boat I saw that the tie down straps weren’t on. It took a few seconds for me to remember that I’d intended to return to attach them the last time I’d sailed but had forgotten. As I went to drop the sails into the cockpit I spied Norma’s missing clothes... at least her top. Norma was still a ways behind me so as I dumped the sails into the boat I made sure to cover it up. As soon as Norma got there I sent her back to get the rest of the gear while I reached under the sails and pulled out the top. As I unrolled it out popped her bra and panties. Jackpot!

I quickly remembered back to the last time we'd sailed and seeing her trying to hold on to the boat while her shorts slipped down to around her knees. So, I wasn’t surprised to find the panties were a cotton bikini nor was I surprised to find that they were Lollipops what with her Aunt selling them at her store. I made a quick decision not to tell Norma that I’d found her missing garments and stuffed them into the sail bag.

Things at the sailing club were still a bit contentious due to the addition of the new Windmill class sailboats. The Comet (my class) sailors gathered together in one group as did the Windmill sailors in another. Among our group was Herb, the fellow who I’d competed against the year before in the area sailing championships who had, many years before, been a member of our club. I'd seen him around a couple of Sundays earlier in the month. He was trying to find a boat he could race or, worst case, find a crewing job for his son. Timing, in life, is everything. As far as this Sunday went it wasn’t good. All seven Comets were racing and their owners were set to skipper complete with crews.

Because I was so desperate for a crew for the upcoming area championships I was  planning on pleading with Norma to sail with me the following weekend. I knew her husband would be back from his assignment and that she’d stated, right from the beginning, that she was only interested in sailing on Sundays and only locally at the sailing club. I didn’t really have a plan on when to do this. Since we had little wind there wasn’t much to do as we sailed out to the race area so I thought it was as good a time as ever.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

I'm imagining Norma's pink shorts in my mind, very nice as she faces me and spreads her legs!