Thursday, August 30, 2012

ADAPTING... hanging on (Part 97i)

We were both in the cockpit sitting on the floorboards facing forward. I asked her to cleat the jib and turn around so I could talk with her. As she ooched around I got a couple of good peeks up the legs of her shorts. I’d always liked shorts with wide legs! In any case the panties were pink, just like her shorts. I started by thanking her for sailing with me and also apologizing for the dunking she’d endured the last time we sailed. I remember her smiling and telling me that she was OK with it. Then I started in with my plea for her to sail the next weekend. By the time we reached the starting area I felt I had gotten her to at least consider it.

The wind continued to be light which I felt gave us a distinct advantage. We were at least 25 pounds lighter, if not more, than any of the other racers. The biggest disadvantage to light air racing when it’s hot (and it was) was that you just baked in the sun. We won and, as I remember it, by a great distance. As soon as we crossed the finish line I jumped overboard to cool off. Norma went into a mini panic as the boat continued to sail. I knew she could sail it so just proceeded to swim around. She finally got the boat turned and came back for me. I climbed back in and encouraged her to jump in. I think that if she’d worn her bathing suit top she might’ve done it but wearing a white cotton blouse caused her reluctance.

I know we won the second race as well. The wind never picked up and by the time the race was over we’d been on the water for over four hours. I jokingly told her that there was an old racing custom that when you won two races in the same day the skipper got to toss the crew overboard. I let the sail go and made as if I was going to grab her to toss her into the water. She was sitting inside the cockpit on the floorboards and to get away from me she moved up so she was sitting on the deck. If she’d stayed inside the boat there was no way I could’ve gotten her up and into the water. However, sitting on the deck she was fair game. She was laughing as she resisted. When I got to her she put one leg up to try and push me away and for a half second I swear I saw that her crotch was wet. It only took a soft shove to get her into the water. When she popped back up she was laughing. I jumped in as well. The sails were just flapping so I didn’t have to worry about the boat sailing away. We swam around a bit but because it was so late we didn’t stay in the water very long.

It was a lot easier to get her back into the boat this time. She wasn’t in panic mode and did most of the work herself. However, (and I swear I hadn’t thought of it before pushing her overboard) she needed one last “push” to get her up on the deck far enough so she could pull herself in. I told her what I was going to do and that was to put my hands on her rear end and push her up. Even though it was for only a few seconds I swear I could feel the crotch line of her panties in the palm of my hands. My efforts were enough for her to grab hold of the inside part of the deck. It left her wet butt there for me to ogle... and ogle it I did!. With the wet material of her shorts now plastered to her fanny and with her straining to pull herself into the cockpit it was a panty connoisseur's  delight... so much so that I had to swim around a bit longer to even dare to try and get in myself.

I think the winning put her in a good mood as she wasn’t upset even though she was clearly concerned that her wet blouse was revealing. I won’t deny that I copped a few “looks” but I was happier with what I’d previously observed. Seeing that she was happy I made one last plea about the upcoming weekend. I was totally unprepared for her response. Calmly, she suggested that I might want to try the son of the guy who was looking for a boat to race. It took a minute for me to process her suggestion and when I did I remembered hearing the guy say that getting his son involved in racing was his main goal. From that point until we reached shore my focus was on that and not Norma because I really wanted to defend my championship.

As we approached the shore I could see a woman running along the shore line waving her arms. Closer, we could see it was Norma’s mother. Of course Norma went into her panic mode thinking that something had happened to her son. I tried to reason with her by saying that if that was true her mother wouldn’t be on the beach but she didn’t hear a word. As soon as I could turn the boat into the wind she jumped overboard and ran ashore. Then I watched the two of them ran up the beach to the parking lot. I was left to take care of the boat and wondering what had happened.

Unfortunately the guy, Hugh, and his son were gone by the time I got the boat set in place. Actually, other than those of us who had raced that day, the beach was deserted. In talking with JR’s father I was able to get a lead on how to contact Hugh and possibly line up his son as crew for the upcoming weekend races.

It was after 6pm by the time I got back to my parents house. The kids had gotten hungry so my mother cooked something up for them and Elle to eat. Of course, Elle was upset with me. In agreeing to go to my parents she hadn’t counted on so many other people being around. When she got me alone she said that she’d never been so embarrassed in all her life. I'd gone off with all her "supplies" and she was forced to just sit there in her soaked "package". She was positive that everybody who had been there saw her peeing. I doubted that but it was useless to argue. My mother “rescued” me by asking if Elle had told me about the new arrangement for getting Dolly to our place and back each day.

She hadn’t so I let my mother explain. Edith, the new nurse for my grandfather who had been on the beach when we arrived volunteered to drive Dolly both ways. She lived just up the road a ways and had insisted that it wasn’t a bother. I knew Dolly had to be pleased... and so was I. No longer would I have to struggle to be at the bus stop on time to pick her up mornings or to get home in the afternoon to get her back to make the bus before it left.

To be continued...    

1 comment:

badside said...

Norma sounds like a vision! Wondering what happened that her mom had to come and get her.