Thursday, October 11, 2012

NEW GROUND... with some shocks (Part 99h)

There was no house to the West and from where I was sitting I couldn’t see the house to the East. I was almost positive that there was no one home but, to be sure, felt that I should check by knocking on the door. My heart was pounding as I walked up the steps. As I approached the item on the floor I was sure that it was the same panties as I could see a bit of lace. I walked past them and knocked... and knocked again. With no answer I turned and then stood there staring at the panties, debating with myself weather I should pick them up. I remember still being unsure as I started back to the steps. I was almost past them when I stopped, bent over and snatched them up. There was no ”bulge“ as I was actually scared that, with broad daylight, someone might have seen me do it. I still held them in my hand as I put the car in gear and drove out of the yard. XX

I was trying to drive while trying to look at the panties but without much success. I finally pulled onto the road to my parents and stopped. It only took a few seconds to pretty much determine that they were, indeed, the same panties I’d peeked at the day before. I still couldn’t get over the fact that Carter’s made nylon panties and, behind that, why I’d never seen any in any of the stores I'd been in over the years. As I continued on I determined that it didn’t make any difference as I now had a pair of them.

It didn’t take long to install the new glass. As much as it would hurt monetarily not to continue with the window project my wrist pretty much told me it was impossible. No matter which way I turned it, it hurt. I figured I’d made $40 which was better than nothing and putting it together with the $40 my grandfather had given me I felt it was enough of a down payment on the race car to show I was sincere in my desire to purchase it.

I had no intention of going swimming when I left home but with nothing to do until my mother returned with the girls I sure wished I’d brought it along. Jeanette was no where to be seen so I didn't have anything to occupy my mind. It was about mid afternoon when I had everything picked up and really didn’t know what to do with myself. As far as I was concerned bringing Elle and the kids back the next day was still on. I still wanted to get Bobbi out in the boat for a little practice before the Sunday races and possibly Elle as well. Thinking about it I decided to walk down the beach to Peggy’s house to confirm it with Bobbi. Walking up the steps from the beach I could see the curtains blowing in the front windows but there wasn’t a car in the driveway. No one answered when I knocked. Looking back towards Ali’s cottage I could see the windows open and the curtains blowing there as well. It seemed strange as I had assumed that she was at work at her store. I walked back and knocked on her door as well with the same result. I started back towards the beach when it dawned on me to go take a peek at the clothes line out behind the cottage as I had the time. I chose to go around the East end of the building as the hedge shielded me from the adjacent property. When I first made the turn I was disappointed as it appeared that there were no clothes on the line at all. I almost stopped and retreated but as I was turning around my eye caught something fluttering at the end closest to the building. Turning back and taking a few steps in the direction I could see there were two bikini panties clothes pinned to the line. With the sun behind them they looked white. I knew they had to belong to Bobbi.

I remember taking deep breaths as I continued to walk toward the line making sure I stayed as close to the building as possible. I knew from past peeking excursions that the neighbors to the West could see the clothes line from the back of their house. Standing at the corner of the cottage I could now see that there was a pink pair and a light blue pair. At that point I was about ten feet away from them. It was just like back at Edith’s house when I had the debate with myself as to weather I should or shouldn’t attempt to take them. The difference here was the proximity of the neighbor. It took me a few minutes before I finally decided to make a pass for them. I turned so my back was to their house and backed up to the clothes line. With just one hand I grabbed both pulling on them hard so that the clothes pins just snapped off the line. Back behind the building I found I was wet with perspiration. I stuffed them both into my pocket and tried to catch my breath.


I had to decide if I was going to return to my parents house via the beach or take the long way around using the road. I quickly decided against that for if Peggy were to return she would surely see me and wonder why I was there. No matter what I'd say, I was sure that once she (or Bobbi) found the panties missing she'd associate it with me. I was still perspiring profusely.  As to the beach way, it offered up the possibility of the neighbors observing me (if they hadn’t already done so) and then if Peggy (or Bobbi) asked questions about the missing panties I’d be identified. This quandary had me wishing I hadn’t taken them

I was still by the back of Ali's cottage and ended up looking sort of wistfully at the clothes line. I was really contemplating putting them back on the line when I heard the sound of a car. With a quick peek I determined that it was Peggy. I couldn't tell if Bobbi was with her and that made for more worry. If she wasn't then where was she... especially while I was taking the panties. At that point I really, really wished I hadn't taken them.

I knew I had to do something and finally decided that heading back using the road was my only choice. I was able to make my way to the Easterly neighbors driveway which afforded me the protection I desperately needed. It took about ten minutes to make it back to my parents and when I got there my mother and my kids were there. They had been promised a swim so we headed for the beach. I was still shaking a bit and, strange as it may sound, I had no desire to look at the panties. I was just glad to be there.

To be continued...

This is the pair of Carter's nylon panties that belonged to Edith...    

         

2 comments:

badside said...

Edith's panties were nice! Truly fancy panties! I can imagine how you were stuck in the middle with Bobbi's panties, too late to retreat!

oldblue said...

Those are some sweet panties and deserve the title fancy panties. As I said before you took risks that go above and beyond the call of panty snatching!