Tuesday, October 09, 2012

NEW GROUND... with some shocks (Part 99g)


That was my only thought as I drove home. Elle had been hinting that she was ready to take up tennis again but I’d kind of rebuffed the idea not wanting to get involved. Even though I had some pleasant memories I had enough to do at the time. When I walked in that was the first thing she hit me with. She seemed to be in a better mood than when I left and, not wanting it to revert back, made the decision to appease her. Even though it meant getting into the dumb white shorts I figured I might get lucky and get a panty peek or two as an ultimate reward.

After eating we loaded up the kids and headed for the high school courts. Elle, still leery of her ability to go more than an hour without a toilet visit, chose to wear the dark plaid skirt/shorts/ combination outfit. I was pleased in that she, on her own, didn’t put on even a partial ”package“ but wore just a pair of her new Lollipop panties. I decided to not push my luck by asking her to wear a pair of the Plymouth nylon panties with them.

All in all, it went well. Elle was happy and I got a couple of peeks from an older woman in the court next to us. We hit balls for almost an hour before the baby started fussing. Elle was still dry when we loaded up the station wagon so she was pleased. We were unloading at home when the first dribble started. I checked my watch and found it’d been almost two hours since she’d last used the toilet. When I told her she was surprised. I decided to push my luck. Knowing that she was a bit wet I asked if she’d ”indulge“ me. I really didn’t think she’d say yes but she ”bartered“ with me. If I’d wash the dishes that we’d left from supper she would. It didn’t take me but a second to agree. I was back in her good graces... at least for the moment.

The next morning I heard the phone ring but saw Elle was already up. By the time I got to the kitchen I could see she was agitated. The call had been from my mother. She wanted to know if I could bring Jean, our oldest, when I came to work on the windows. She wanted to take her shopping to get her a new dress for her very first day of school. I’d not yet mentioned my plans to go back to my parents house to work on the windows wanting to wait to see how the morning played out. I was hoping that there would be some ”opening“ to state my case as to why. After admitting that I was and then getting an ”ear full“, Elle said that she had no problem with me taking Jean but Anne had to go as well. The baby had a check up scheduled with the doctor and she’d planned on me watching the kids while she was there. She still wasn’t too pleased but the fact that she didn’t have to worry about the kids eased some of her ire.

We didn’t tell the girls about the shopping trip as they were totally focused on going to the beach. I was hoping that Edith and her daughter, Sally, would stop by at some time during the day as the daughter had expressed a desire to see and play with the girls. It would be a diversion for the girls and take the pressure off my mother. I was somewhat taken aback to see Sally once inside the house. My mother explained that the nurse who was supposed to take over for Edith that day didn’t show up. She didn’t want my grandfather to be alone so agreed to stay on but asked my mother to look after Sally. Normally Edith's mother, who lived with them, would do it. With Edith planning on being home during for the week she’d gone to visit with friends and that meant Sally would be alone. My mother, who liked both Edith and Sally, had agreed. Sally, upon hearing that my girls would be there was pleased. I just wondered what would happen when my mother got ready to take them all shopping.

After having spent three plus days of scraping the old putty from the windows I could see why my father’s wrist gave out. My right one was very sore so I tried doing it with my left hand. Mistake! I’ve always been spastic when having to use my left hand and this was no different. On about the third or fourth pane I was working on I managed to break it. I continued on and after breaking another one decided I’d have to endure the pain. I was annoyed as it meant I’d have to go to the hardware store for the replacement glass, a waste of precious time.

My mother, to butter up my girls about having to leave the beach, had them help her make cookies for their lunch time dessert. They left right after that, a bit disappointed, but with a promise they would come back for a swim. I managed to get the window finished with the exception of the broken panes of glass. My wrist was too sore to even think of starting on another window so headed for town to get the replacements. I had to go right past Edith’s house both going and coming. As I’d mentioned in an earlier post, it was an older house that had been unoccupied for quite a while before Edith and her husband bought it. The hedge along the street had gone untended and had grown so high that people passing by in their cars could barely see it. I’d overheard Edith talking to my mother about the work they'd done and the plans she and her husband had for it. On a whim I turned into the driveway on my return trip home. I vaguely remembered the house from when I was a boy and it had what I’m going to call a ”turret“ on one end of the front of the house attached to a screened porch that had a lot of fancy trim. It was obvious that the house had been neglected but it still had an elegance about it. There was a big barn at the end of the driveway and when I got to the back of the house I found a circular driveway. At one point in time there had been some sort of garden in the center but now it was just a pile of dirt. I pulled up right behind the house and found another porch although only half the size of the one in the front of the house. This one was open and what immediately caught my eye was that there was a rope strung between the posts and there were some clothes hanging on it. I thought I recognized one of the items as being the brown shorts that Edith had worn the day before. They were not attached by clothes pins but were just draped over the line. There appeared to be some small towels hung in the same fashion. As I sat in the car contemplating why the shorts were there I noticed something white on the floor of the porch right under the towels. It only took a few seconds for me to come up with the idea that it might be the panties that had been with the shorts when I got a look at them.

To be continued...


3 comments:

badside said...

Made my heart beat faster reading that, like I was there myself! Fingers are crossed, hoping they're her panties!

oldblue said...

You were the worlds champion risk taker!

Pantymaven said...

BS... You could hear my heart beating when I was up on that porch.

OB... :-)