Friday, October 25, 2013

ON AND ON... another month (Part117d)

ON AND ON... another month (Part 117d)

Elle was in the last group to go. She got me aside and told me that she’d “leaked” from laughing so hard and that she’d gone into the bathroom and slipped on a pair of sanitary panties. After seeing the chaos that had played out in front of her through the first two groups she didn’t want to embarrass herself being seen in them. I had to remind her that they were designed for women who had their periods and weren’t that uncommon. She thought about it for a few seconds and then agreed with me. Elle was wearing a skirt that came to just above her knees. The good thing for her was that the skirt was flared so if and when she did have to spread her legs she wouldn’t have to hike it up. As she and the group took their positions I remember thinking that I would have loved to have had a camera.

The most memorable part from the third group was that Rob was a part of it. That didn’t stop him from continuing his “play by play” and he kept everybody laughing. He was, by far, the largest player which made it hard on the others. He took up so much space that they quickly fell, literally, by the wayside, Elle included. I only got one quick peek up her skirt and I really couldn’t see much at all. When they finished she came over and asked about it. I don’t think she believed me when I told her. I definitely remember thinking that I wanted to play Twister again!

Bob stopped me as the party broke up to give me $100 towards the purchase of my Sailfish but wanted to come and get it the next day. As I’ve said, I didn’t really know him as the only times I’d ever seen him were at the few parties we’d attended together. I told him I really needed the money first and he got a little defensive. I wanted to stay on the good side of him so told him that I was willing to put his name up for membership in the sailing club. I’d given it quite a bit of thought because it meant that I’d have to go back to paying dues again, something that definitely wasn’t in the budget. That seemed to appease him.

I do remember reprising my episode with Ginger while lying in bed that night. That was the second wetting incident that I was aware of with her and I wondered if she didn’t have the same problem as Elle. I also thought about my commitment to painting a campaign sign for Jon and wondered where I’d find the time. The election was only a month away and my “to do” list was already quite long. Before we got in bed Elle had also reminded me that Jean, our oldest, was going to have a birthday Memorial Day weekend. We’d more or less promised to get her a climbing dome as her present. She’d seen one while visiting one of her new friends and just wouldn’t stop talking about it. I’d done the research and the cost wasn’t that great but I would have to put some 60 odd pieces together with small nuts, bolts and washers... another time consuming project. I lay there awake for quite a while.

When I walked past Trish on Monday morning I could see she had a weird smile on her face. I stopped and asked her about it but all she did was try to hide her face from me. A few minutes later I noticed Laura at her desk and wearing a plaid pinafore. To me it was perfect for her. When Trish saw me looking at her she came over and said that was one of her new things. I felt really good about it and told Trish. She smiled. It was later that week when Trish pointed to the dress that Laura was wearing and I knew that it was another one of the purchases. When Laura didn’t say anything to me I was pretty confident that Trish hadn’t told her about my involvement and I was glad.

The bank was a member of a group of eleven similarly chartered banks that served a fairly large geographical area that was located outside the city. The group held meetings for bank officers on a monthly basis where we’d be updated on general trends in the financial field and how to get assistance in interpreting changing banking regulations. The meetings were held in the same town that my old sailing friend, Buddy, lived and where the Summer neighbor to my parents, Ali, had her children’s clothing store (and where I’d bought the Lollipop panties) so I was somewhat familiar with the area. J J and I had attended a couple of the meetings and I’d reported back to Hobie that I felt they were worthwhile. The topic for the May meeting was on new ways that banks would be handling their transactions with customers in the future. It was so broad that Hobie didn’t think it was worth me making the trip but I prevailed. J J was supposed to go with me but then an emergency with one of his kids came up and I was on my own. It was a slow day so I left a little early with the thought I might stop by Ali’s store to say “hello” for old times sake.

It had been well over a year since I’d been there and although I thought I could drive right to her store I was wrong. I continued driving down the street a little further and as I did I saw a name on a building that had recently been on my mind... Bloomingdale’s. It was the store where Jerene’s mother had purchased the new style Carter’s Spanky Pants. I found the parking lot and went right in. About eight or nine of the big department stores centered in the city had opened satellite stores in the area and specifically along this particular street. Because the store wasn’t all that big it didn’t take long to find the children’s department and the Carter’s display. I quickly found the size panties I was looking for and, after checking my wallet, determined that I could buy nine of them. The trouble with that was they only had five of the size 16. Just because I was so excited to have found them I made the decision to buy four of the size 14. I left the store extremely excited and wishing I was headed for home... but the meeting awaited me.

To be continued...  

No comments: