Monday, October 07, 2013

SETTLING IN... or down, or something like that (Part 116f)

SETTLING IN... or down, or something like that (Part 116f)

I know I sat in my car for a while before starting the motor. I had over $800 dollars in cash in my briefcase and even if only $400 was ultimately going to me mine I was trying to prioritize what I’d do with it. Once I got the $300 for my Sailfish I still needed $200 to finish paying for our new boat so that took half of it. I looked at my watch and I couldn’t believe that I’d been in Monte’s office for over an hour. It was time to go. Driving down Main Street I remembered that I’d wanted to stop and see my friend Judith. Most stores closed at 5pm so there was available parking. Even though her boutique was closed I knew the drug store stayed open until 7pm so pulled to the curb. From where I stopped I had to walk past the boutique and as I did I saw this most unique dress. I actually had to stop and look at it.

From the hips on down it was a series of individual panels, about three inches wide in multiple colors with polka dots of varying colors. I stood there staring at it and visualizing Elle wearing it and walking around with the panels swishing around her thighs and knees and giving me teasing peeks of her panties. I had to have it! Not surprisingly, Judith was cleaning up the area behind the lunch counter. She was definitely glad to see me and greeted me with the news that Stasia had just been promoted to office manager. That was good news. She went on to say that she and her son now had their own apartment and that they had pretty much adjusted to urban/suburban life. Of course she asked what had brought me to town but I didn’t want to give her the real reason so said it had to do with my mortgage. Wanting to quickly change the subject I asked about the dress in the boutique window. She laughed.

She explained that she’d seen it on a buying trip and fell in love with it. When she thought about it she wasn’t sure there was a local market for them but bought three anyway. Immediately she started “selling” me on it but I cut her short by saying I wanted one but it had to be size small. She kind of wrinkled her brow for a second and explained that the one size small she had was on the mannequin in the window... but then said she’d be glad to undress it. I asked if I could call Elle since it was obvious that I wasn’t going to be home by 6pm. We’d gone into the boutique and she pointed to the phone on a display counter near the back. While making the call I looked around and saw a VanRaalte  box sitting on the top of the counter. I’d discovered that she was selling the VanRaalte line the last time I’d stopped to see her but didn’t have any money. Now I did.

When Judith returned with the dress I asked her about VanRaalte panties. She was a bit surprised and reminded me that I’d tried to get her to carry my friend Willy’s Evette line of lingerie. She wanted to know what had changed my mind. I couldn’t tell her the real reason (because they had such a large crotch area that provided a very nice VPL) so said that Elle liked the VanRaalte better because they fit like they were made for her. She went behind the counter, asked for Elle’s size and pulled a bin off the shelf. Judith wasn’t the most organized person and her shop showed that. Way too much merchandise and not all that well displayed. The bin of panties was all askew. Judith reached in and pulled out a handful and proceed to try and find some of the VanRaalte. She finally located four pair and then made a comment that she needed to reorder. Without exaggeration she had probably gone through two dozen and they were all lying on the counter. Oh how I would’ve liked to have gone through them myself but she just swept them all up and dumped them back into the bin. I was happy to just have the four as they all fell into the “Fancy Panties” category.

I’m not sure what the cost of the dress and panties came to. At that point I didn’t much care. I just wanted to get home and get Elle into the dress and panties. Even though I had a number of the VanRaalte panties in my stash they weren’t new so there was no way for me to have Elle wear them. Now I had new Van Raalte panties that would be just for her. As Judith was folding them up I noticed her put what looked to be a pair of white shorts in with the dress. I asked what they were and that elicited another laugh. She gave me one of those “looks” that told me I should have known the answer. She then asked if I really thought that a woman would wear a dress like that without something over her panties. I know I stood there with a red face.

By the time I got home Elle had the kids almost fed. I was glad. As they finished up I told her of what I’d worked out about the found money and she seemed pleased with that. The 2 year old was still in her booster chair as I sent the older two off to play and I gave Elle the box with the dress. I’d thought about taking the shorts out but hadn’t. When she opened it they were right on top. I hadn’t paid any attention to them when Judith put them in the box but when Elle held them up they were short... very short. I remember smiling as she held them up. Then came the dress. The look on her face was priceless, a mix of surprise and puzzlement. When she finally held it up in front of herself she had a big frown. She, like me, hadn’t put the shorts with the dress. When I explained it to her she still wasn’t all that excited and asked when and where would she ever wear something like it. I had a big smile and told her that I would be happy if she just wore it around the house and yard. The frown was exchanged for a “knowing” look. I then handed her the panties.

Her immediate comment was to say that she already had too many panties that she wasn’t wearing. I shrugged it off and then started in with my own “selling” job and tried to convince her that they were the “Cadillac” of panties and that they would fit better than any of her others. I didn’t know if they would or wouldn’t but I wanted to see them on her. I offered to do the dinner dishes if she’d just try on the dress and a pair of panties. It was an offer she couldn’t refuse.


To be continued...  
   

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Someone forgot the shorts!!!

Pantymaven said...

Nice, huh? :-)