Tuesday, December 16, 2014

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127i)

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127i)

After supper I changed and headed out to my racecar driver friend, Cliffy’s, to try and make arrangements for him to bring his father’s wrecker to the garage where we’d been working on “B’s” motor and to help us get in the car. He and his brother each had a racecar and they were both there working on them. It’d been quite a while since I’d seen him. I was kind of surprised to see two young boys (about 7 and 9 years old) with him. I’d sort of lost track of him and didn’t realize his kids were that old. We reminisced a bit before he said he could come over the next afternoon. As I drove home I was happy that something had finally gone right that week even though I knew Elle would be even more unhappy with me when I told her I’d be gone Saturday afternoon.

Things were “chilly” between us even before I told her of my upcoming plans but there was no turning back. I got in touch with “Big B” to tell him I’d made the arrangements and he sounded excited. We were both anxious to get the motor in the car and to get it running. I tried to get as many of my usual Saturday “chores” done before heading off to the garage but that didn’t help my status with Elle. However, I knew she’d eventually get over it, probably with me having to buy her something. “B” was waiting when I got there and had the garage doors open and everything cleared away from both the motor and car. When Cliffy arrived it only took a short time to move the car and to get the motor in place.

I remember now that Cliffy was a bit nostalgic when he saw the car. He explained that this was the first car that he’d actually had a hand in the  building of it. The car had been put together for his brother-in-law to race but he’d proved to be a “chicken” (Cliffy’s word) and it hadn’t been raced all that much. Cliffy had driven it for a while (and I remember racing against him when he did) and then it just sat collecting dust until “B” bought it. I fully expected him to leave once the motor was in place but he offered to hang around a bit and to see the motor actually run. We didn’t have the radiator so I was concerned about running it without water. Cliffy told us we wouldn’t hurt anything by running it for just a few minutes as long as we had oil in it. Actually, I was glad he was there because he showed us a trick or two in getting it started for the first time. I won’t say I was nervous but, when putting that many pieces together to make a whole there’s always the chance of missing something. But it sounded good. Noisy, but good. There are no mufflers on race cars so it was a good thing that there were no neighbors. We let it run for just a minute but it was enough to get broad smiles on both “B’s” and my faces.

Back at home I was mildly surprised to find Elle in  a reasonably good mood. Notice I used the qualifier, “reasonably”. For anything other than conversation I’d have been rebuffed. I quickly found the reason. Johnnie and Sandy were coming over after the kids went to bed. I didn’t get a direct answer when I asked why and chose not to pursue it so as not to upset the relative calm.

They arrived a little past 8pm. I was a bit concerned in that even though I’d promised to attend Johnnie’s last game, I hadn’t. I apologized and he brushed it off. He said it had gone like most games with the inexperience of the kids causing them to lose once again. And then... Johnnie started talking about his “plan”. As soon as he started Sandy got up and took Elle with her. I listened as he outlined his idea of how to get elementary school kids exposed to the rudiments of basketball. (A refresher... Physical Eduction for the elementary school did not prepare the kids for team sports as they arrived in Junior High School. Johnnie had started the very first junior varsity basketball team for the school and only a few kids had any experience in even handling a basketball.) He was willing to put on clinics during the Summer for 10 to 14 year olds in oredr to “get them up to speed”. However, he needed people to assist him and he was there to ask me.

I loved playing basketball when I was in school and had even signed up for the Town team that Johnnie had tried to put together. This concept was something different and it only took me a few minutes of listening to know I wasn’t what he was looking for. Having only worked with three girls of my own (along with their friends), I had no experience working with young boys plus I already knew I wasn’t a “teacher type”. As Johnnie outlined his “plan” I could see it was also going to interfere with my own Summer plans. The clinics were to be Saturday mornings, time I needed at home to get my “chores” done so I could go off racing with “B” in the afternoons. I liked Johnnie, a lot, so it was hard to tell him “No.”

Elle and Sandy had retreated to the kitchen. When we walked in Sandy jumped up and said it was time to go. I was a bit disappointed with that but she had her mind made up. I didn’t have to explain to Elle what Johnnie and I’d been talking about as Sandy had already done so. To make conversation I asked what they’d talked about hoping the “dribble panties” might've come up. Elle gave me the usual “girl talk” answer and I chided her a bit on it. I didn’t want to go too far in that direction and was pleasantly surprised when she told me that Sandy thought she might be pregnant. That news didn’t really excite me but that was all I got.

Elle didn’t usually wear her “dribble panties” when at home but while getting undressed for bed I noticed she had a pair on. Still a bit uncertain about my “status” I refrained from going up to her to get a feel of them. I got up  the courage to ask why she was wearing them and she told me she’d been over to Ginger’s house with the kids. I felt that was enough of a “lead-in” to ask if Ginger had tried the ones she’d given her. I could see from her initial reaction that it hadn’t been a good idea but, after hesitating turning towards me, and with a somewhat exasperated tone, stated that, yes, she wanted Elle to make her up a few pair... and then emphatically said “Good night!”, climbed into bed and turned out her light.

Even though I had no details the information was enough for me to lie in bed fantasizing about working on the panties that Ginger would provide. Ever since we’d finished up the ones for Sandy I’d have a “sensual” feeling whenever I’d see her knowing that there was the possibility that she was wearing a pair that I’d  had a hand in making. Now I’d get that feeling from seeing two women. It made for some nice bedtime thoughts.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

That would be quite a thrill being in a room with three ladies you made panties for and they all knew it! Wonder if it would turn them on as well?

Must've felt good to have the engine fire up after all that work.

Pantymaven said...

BS...My fantasy was to see the three of them together, wearing the panties. I actually did lie in bed thinking (dreaming) about it.

No female would agree but, to a "motor head", firing up a brand new engine for the first time is like having a baby... apprehension, worry, fear... and when it actually runs... joy!