Monday, December 29, 2014

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127j)

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127j)

To complicate matters even further on Sunday Elle got a call that she was needed to start her teaching job right away. The teacher she was to fill in for had developed complications and her doctor ordered her to bed. Elle spent the rest of the day trying to get everything organized confirming who was to look after Kaye each day and where the other two were to go after school was out. I was like part of the woodwork. She finally calmed down around supper time. She was still unsure what she should wear to make a good impression. With all the stuff going on at the bank about pants suits they were on my mind so I suggested that she wear her good wool one. I reminded her that just about everybody in the school would be sticking their heads in her door. She thought about it for a minute and agreed. That was my main contribution for the day.

She was a “wreck“ getting dressed the next morning. Her mother was coming over to get Kaye for the day and I agreed to stay and wait for her to arrive even though I knew I was facing a rough day at work. The ”busy period“ was just a week away plus I had no idea what Trish had decided to do. Of course, in the back of my mind, I was worried about how the bookkeeping machine (computer) would hold up. Because I was trying to get the older girls organized and out to the bus on time I didn’t pay any attention to what Elle had decided to wear for panties. In the past she’d usually wear at least a partial package (two pair of the Carter’s ribbed cotton panties and a sanitary pad with a pair of sanitary panties over them). The subject hadn’t come up when we were discussing what she would wear and by the time I thought of it she was on her way.

Trish was at Hobie’s desk when I walked in. I tried to look busy as I sat at my desk all the while trying to pick up on the conversation. One thing I did hear was that the Trustee who had stated the case for pants, with or without a jacket, at the Board meeting had convinced Bert (the president) to poll the other Trustees to try and get them to rescind the resolution about the length of jackets and he was due in the bank sometime that morning. As Trish walked past me I could see she still wasn’t happy but when I looked at Hobie he gave me a ”thumb’s up“.

I saw that Trustee walk across the lobby floor with three other members of the Board. I didn’t know if that was good or bad. It was almost 1pm before I saw some of them leaving the bank. As much as I wanted to know what had happened I had to wait until I was told. It was hard. When Hobie returned I gave him one of those ”what’s going on?“ looks. He put up his finger as if to tell me to have patience. I waited for about a half hour and when I saw two more Trustee’s leaving with Bert he called me to his desk.

It must’ve been quite a meeting. The net result was that the two ”fossils“ had agreed to retire immediately. Two others had indicated that they’d retire as soon as replacements for the first two were found and sworn in. I would’ve loved to have heard exactly what had transpired. That news was so shocking that I completely forgot about the pants and jacket issue. It took Trish asking Hobie if anything had been decided. When the dust had settled they had collected ”aye“ votes of a majority of the twelve remaining members to rescind the portion of the resolution concerning the length of jackets.

An all employee meeting was called for four o’clock in the lobby. The announcement about the two Trustees retiring was made first and then the news about pants and jackets followed. It was met with a smattering of applause but not from Trish or Lena. I’d decided to leave Trish alone and to get Laura’s ”read“ on her later. Even though I hadn’t done anything of a physical nature I felt exhausted by the time 5pm arrived. I got Laura’s attention as she walked by and she told me Trish was still upset. She said Trish still felt that she was taken advantage of. I couldn’t blame her but the fact that she was still there was what was important.

I got home to find Elle wasn’t in a very good mood. I thought that it had to do with her class. Substitute teachers were often faced with unruly kids and I thought that she’d been given a rough class. That wasn’t the reason. My too late thoughts about what she’d worn for panties was the reason. She was so nervous about her first day she didn’t remember to wear protection and had a major ”accident“. The restrooms were at the opposite end of the hall from where her classroom was located. By the time she got there on one of her breaks her pee was running down her legs. When she told me that she started to smile. I wondered what that was for. She immediately said that the choice of wearing the wool pants suit had saved her. The wetness never made it through the wool so it didn’t show. She said it was uncomfortable but the fact that the pants were lined kept the wool from scratching. The only thing was that she’d have to have the pants dry cleaned. I immediately thought that it was a small price to pay to avoid embarrassment.

Tuesday was Ginger’s day to watch Kaye. I was supposed to drop her off but Ginger called before I left the house. One of her kids left their lunch home and she had to take it to the school. Since she was already out it made sense to just stop by. When she arrived I had Kay all ready and was prepared to take off for work as soon as she left. However, she handed a paper bag to me and told me to give it to Elle. I really didn’t want to take the time to walk back to the house. I watched her drive down the hill and got into my car. I wasn’t thinking about what might be in the bag as I wanted to stop and see James on my way in to work. He’d left a message for me to stop by and see him. He was out at the gas pumps as I drove up. It was the best I’d seen him look since he’d brought Peggy home. He wanted to tell me that Peggy’s baby was going to be christened on Sunday and he want Elle and I to be there. Even though it wasn’t something I wanted to do it was something I knew I had to do. I made the comment that Peggy must be doing better and his face just lit up. I also asked if she was up to having visitors as Elle and I had some things for the baby. He thought for a few seconds and told me he wanted to talk with his wife first but that Thursday might be good.

As it turned out I had to go to the printer’s to get an order of deposit tickets that we needed for the ”busy period“. I’d become friends with the man and wife who owned and ran the shop so I could call in for a rush order pretty much any time i needed it. At the shop I just slid the box onto the passenger seat. As I did I saw the bag that Ginger had given me for Elle. I decided to take a peek inside. It made my day. Right on top were the ”dribble panties“ that Elle had given her and right under them were four pair of regular panties. As I pulled them out I recognized the waist elastic... Shadowline.

To be continued...

3 comments:

badside said...

Wow, hand delivered from Ginger!

oldblue said...

I suppose she did the unthinkable and sent them clean!

oldblue said...

Forgot HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!