Thursday, February 18, 2016

WINDING DOWN... Summer (Part 140g)

WINDING DOWN... Summer (Part 140g)

Elle had decided on spaghetti for supper as it was easy to prepare and to clean up. I was in no rush to get to the party as I was sure it would be boring. Being a Saturday night the kids were allowed to stay up until 9pm. Barbara and Mo had gone home to change their clothes before eating and I’d anticipated Barbara wearing something that might lend itself to a peek. But, it wasn’t Barbara who got my attention. Mo had on a pair of white shorts and the blue panties she had on under them was quite the attention getter (at least for me). I couldn’t discern just what the material was but it was quite translucent. With that, I have to admit that I paid very little attention to Barbara.

Ironically, I was a bit familiar with the property where the party was being held. When I was thirteen and really getting into sailing it was owned by a big supporter of the sailing club. Rumor had it that he put up a significant amount of money to get the clubhouse built. In any case, the host and hostess were only renting it for the Summer. The house was located on a bit of a bluff that offered an unrestricted view of the water. There was a deck with a stairway to the beach below. I immediately remembered that the owner’s daughter (quite a few years older than me) had a less than sterling reputation. I was definitely a naive young man at the time and didn’t fully grasp some of the things that the older guys at the club were saying about her. They told of some sort of storage room under a deck where they supposedly ‘had their way’ with her. However I didn't know what that meant. The one thing they talked about that held my interest was that they would watch her change into her bathing suit and how big her breasts were. It was fun looking at the place and reminiscing about those days.

The party was just as I expected it to be... boring. Elle and I were the only ‘locals’ attending. I found the women to be mostly self absorbed and too busy talking about their kids to bother with. As I remember it there was only one who was modestly attractive. I hoped that there might be at least on opportunity for a panty peek but it never materialized. I tried to initiate some conversation about sailing but other than a few cursory comments about how much their kids enjoyed their time at the sailing club... nothing. When it started to get dark Elle and I just slipped away from the gathering and headed home.

The lights were on in the older girls bedrooms when we drove up the hill to the garage. It was just about 9pm and we’d been gone for just a little over an hour. Elle had worn a fairly modest dress, just a little above the knees. She’d worn just a single pair of the ‘dribble panties’ and in the back of my mind I envisioned/hoped that she would ‘come through’ for me once more. I knew she hadn’t used a toilet since we’d left home and as we walked up to the house my mind was working out a scenario that would lead to a great end to what had been a very good day. I was just about to make a suggestion to her when Barbara appeared in the doorway. Elle asked if everything was OK with our girls and she nodded affirmatively but the look on her face told a different story.

She went on to say that she, her sister and our kids had continued on with some sort of ‘cheering’ after we left. They tried to do a pyramid using only two people on the bottom and two on top. Our girls thought it had been great fun when, in the one they did earlier with six involved, it had all tumbled down... and they did it again. But there had been a problem in that Mo, her sister, had somehow gotten hit in the nose. I asked where she was and Barbara pointed through the window to the den couch. There was Mo, lying on her back, with some sort of cloth draped around her nose. In spite of much protestation, I ended up driving her to the hospital where it was confirmed that her nose was broken. It was definitely not the ending to the day that I’d been contemplating.

The one positive was that I had a chance to get to know Mo a little better. As I’ve written previously, she and Barbara were completely different except for their short stature. Barbara, who was ‘alive’ and bubbly contrasted with Mo, who was quiet and reserved. Barbara was constant motion while Mo took her time both in actions and in talking. My interest was in trying to find out how both of them had ‘escaped’ being mirror images of their mother. I sort of felt my way in asking. I didn’t get a specific answer but did get a smile and a quip... ”That’s my mom!“. When we were getting out of the car she added that she hoped that we (Elle and I) would have patience with her mother because she really was a good person.

As expected, Sunday was a ‘bear’... church, racing, the birthday party and the awards affair at the sailing club. Elle and I were in agreement that we’d wait a week before getting the kids back into the church scene. But Elle felt it would be best if she skipped taking the kids to the sailing club while I raced and, instead, took them to visit with my parents to let them play on their beach. It solved another problem in that she and the girls, being right across the street, could be ready for the party without a lot of hassling. Then, all I’d have to do after the races was go home, shower, dress and show up at her mother’s house. It sounded simple...

For some reason I hadn’t been noting my results for the sailing races but I do remember one of them that last Sunday... I won. It was the first time in the Sunfish. For some reason it had taken me an extended period to get the ‘feel’ of the boat. As the end of the season drew near I’d become more competitive and comfortable in sailing it. I remember thinking that it had never been that much ‘work’ back when I was racing my Comet class sailboat.

When the races were over quite a few of the skippers loaded up their boats to take home and I got roped into helping. A Sunfish can be handled by two people but three made it easier. I elected to leave our boat on the rack figuring we still had a few weeks of warm, not hot, weather ahead and could take advantage of it. I knew Anne would want to sail so that was reason enough. Rex, the facilities manager, asked if I’d be back that evening as he had something he wanted to talk to me about. I told him I would and then drove home.

The party for both Elle’s and my fathers had always been a family only affair and with guests that were, for all intents and purposes, strangers, made it awkward. Everybody knew that Elle, I and the kids would be leaving early and even writing about it today, I remember it feeling like we'd escaped when we exited the house.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like dark blue panties under thin white pants!
i was just stuck in traffic... almost feeling like Elle and wishing i had some 'dribble panties'!
sara

Pantymaven said...

sara... :-)