Tuesday, June 07, 2016

A PAUSE... for a little self promotion

A PAUSE... for a little self promotion... and a peek into the future of "Fancy Panties"

Today is the 10th anniversary of my first Blogger post and the creation of "Fancy Panties". Since that first one I’ve made 1189 more.

I’ll admit that I had no intention of taking it this far. I just wanted to try putting some of my experiences as a panty fetishist down and to be able to go back and relive them at my leisure. The fact that I picked up a few followers along the way was a bit surprising but it has been fun to read the little snippets that have been posted. They serve to encourage me to continue to write. BUT...

Through the years I’ve used a combination of notes, pictures and various types of diaries to jog my memory. Being anal, (inherited) I’d kept almost everything that I thought might be interesting to go back and to review at some time in the future... sports programs, magazines, comic books etc. Two years ago my wife (Elle) and I decided to move from a house we’d occupied for over 30 years into an apartment. Talk about downsizing! It was daunting. In the process of trashing the stuff that I’d been collecting for over 50 years I came across the materials that have been the source of most of my writings for the past two years. They were the large version of the pocket Day Timer. Reading them brought back so many memories that had long ago been lost that I ended up letting the material drive the blog. Too much information! I should’ve cut back on it a long time ago. For those of you who agree... good news.

These old Day Timers had been boxed up back in the 70’s and mixed in with a lot of other boxed memorabilia and ended up moving each time we did... always with the intention of going through the stuff... but it never happened... until two years ago. Because of this blog, I was ecstatic with find of the Day Timers because it gave detail to foggy memories. However, there turned out to be a problem. Somewhere along the way water got into some of the boxes and when I discovered it there was no way to salvage the contents. The pages on most were almost glued together and on others the ink had run or even disappeared. On top of that I’m convinced that as time was running out on me to get stuff moved out of the house I ended up shredding some things that I would like to have used in future postings. So...

Once I finish up with October (the current posting, Part 143) there will be a new format, one that more aligns me with the original intention of writing about the girls/women I’ve known and their panties. I haven’t come up with the format as yet but some materials that I kept separate from the day timers will help with the women from work and, of course, picture albums that can trigger wide ranging memories as well. I have hope that by, some miracle, you’ll find something of interest in the blog as time passes.

To those who have stuck with the blog lo theses many years (and words), THANK YOU! ... for the support. I hope you won’t be disappointed with what is to come. BTW... there will be pictures. :-) 


3 comments:

oldblue said...

Only the best of wishes from here. I am sure the future will be just as entertaining as the past. I really can't remember how long you have brought laughs and serious thoughts for me, but I have read over all of your blog. Final word, if you post it I will read it. You have an unknown friend in me.

badside said...

Congrats PM! Most bloggers don't make it past a year or so at most. I'm glad you've stuck with it and I have enjoyed your posts all this time. Your blog is something I look forward to reading each time you post.

As for the non panty parts of the journey, I enjoy those as well and hope they will remain a part of your posts.

Looking forward to the next chapter in your blog (and those pics)!

Pantymaven said...

OB & BS... Your comments are very much appreciated! As I said, when I started it was basically done for me and me alone. When the two of you started posting comments it made it more enjoyable, for sure. I've still got more to go with Part 143 and then... well... we'll all have to wait and see what it looks like at that point. Thanks again for your encouragement.

Pantymaven