Tuesday, June 28, 2016

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143z)

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143z)

The judges from the Chamber of Commerce arrived just before the doors were to close for the day. There were two divisions for the costume contest... retail and service. We, because we didn’t sell anything, were in the service division along with other banks, the library, the Town Hall and like entities. Of the three judges two were female. When our contestants were paraded down the stairs for their review I could see the women were really ‘taken’ by Joanie and Laura. Jaz, dressed as a clown, was ‘interesting’ but Ann and Andy were given the prize. It was a $20 gift certificate to the old department store in town. I thought it was a shame because Laura and Joanie weren’t even 20 years old and the store was geared for an older clientele. Gracie had thought the contest concept was a good idea and said she wished they had something like it back where she worked. When I explained that the prize was a bittersweet one she wanted to know why. After explaining she quickly suggested that if I felt that way I should buy it from them. I couldn’t disagree with the reasoning  so I did... much to their delight.

As I’d written, Hobie decried the whole contest idea and had deferred the bank’s  participation to me. That meant I was to be a judge on the retail side. However... with Gracie there doing the training with me I implored him to do it. I was smiling on the inside when I saw him go out the door.

When I did my debrief with Gracie she reinforced my belief in Gina. A comment that I distinctly remember was that she was capable of much, much more than what she was doing. Because there were others around I didn’t feel comfortable in telling her of what was in store for Gina but vowed to myself to let her know when it did happen. On the debrief she also stated that although the processing of the name and addresses had gone slowly she felt that we’d be in good shape by the time of the conversion of the financial records. She also promised that if we got in a bind to ask Bruce or Albie for help.

When Gina was finishing up for the day she commented that the process could be speeded up if there was some sort of stand to rest the Addressograph plates on while the information on them was being typed into the system. She was describing what she thought it might look like when I noticed Laura had taken off her red mop wig. When I did I noticed something else... she’d also removed the bloomers that she’d worn with the rest of the costume. She was at her desk and as I looked at her I noticed something white between her seat and the blue of her skirt. I’d, for sure, noticed how short it had been right from the time I first saw her that day and had somewhat benefited earlier when she returned from lunch... but that was when she was still wearing the bloomers. I tried to pay attention to Gina while also keeping a close watch on Laura hoping that I’d get confirmation of what I thought the white was... panties Gina could feel that I wasn’t really concentrating on what she was saying so said she’d go make a mock up of her idea using cardboard from the back of a yellow legal pad. That presented a bit of a dilemma for me as there was no longer a reason for me to still be standing by the machine.. and behind Laura. I’d felt sure that when she stood up I’d get a good peek of her panties but also knew I had to move.

Even though it had been a slow day as far as lobby traffic was concerned I was anticipating a problem when it came time for the tellers to ’prove up'. I’d learned that on slow days the tellers didn’t concentrate all that well and stupid errors would pop up... and there were two tellers with a problem. One was Lillian the drive up window teller. She, in spite of being a little ‘ditzy’, was, on the whole, an accurate teller. She called to Laura to help her. I was standing at my desk, on the phone, when she stood up an started walking towards the drive-up window and Lillian.  I don’t know (or remember) if I let out a sound as I watched her walk towards Lillian. The blue skirt she was wearing had somehow gotten rolled up when she was sitting and hadn’t unrolled when she stood up. I could see both butt cheeks and most of the rear crotch line for about ten steps before it finally dropped to cover her panties... but not by much. I went back to the conversation on the phone but still kept an eye on Laura. Just as I hung up the phone Bret came up and sort of whispered for me to look over to the drive-up area. Laura was now behind Lillian and leaning over looking at something on her counter. I won’t accuse Bret of panting but it was something close to it. Laura’s panties weren’t showing as much as when she’d first started walking over there but there was a fair amount of white under the hem of the blue skirt. At that point I had to sit down to hide my ever increasing bulge.

When Hobie returned from his judging duties he called me over. I thought it was to complain about his wasting time on something he didn’t think was worthwhile. He surprised me by talking about Gina. That actually scared me as I thought that he’d somehow found out that she would be leaving. But that wasn’t it at all. He told me he’d been watching her over the past few weeks and had an opportunity to speak with Gracie about her. Then he dropped the ‘bomb’ when he said that he’d been thinking about Lorie filling the new position of Chief Clerk and that maybe she wasn’t the best choice.


To be continued...

No comments: