Monday, November 21, 2016

ANOTHER YEAR... another month (Part153e)

ANOTHER YEAR... another month (Part 153e)

It didn’t take long for me to get the answer to the strange panty elastic I’d seen when viewing the DP’s on Bobo. The contents of the drawer was a mishmash of bras, panties, socks garter belts and stockings. There was no order to the contents at all. But there were a couple of bright white items that got my attention right away. I picked one up and it was a panty. The first thing I noticed was the stitching on the waist elastic as it seemed to match what I’d seen while viewing the DP’s on Bobo. However, when I held them up there was something else that made them different from all the panties I’d seen and held. There was patterned stitching all across the front panel. That, for sure, was something very new for my eyes. When I put my fingers on it I realized there was some sort of stiffer material behind/inside the satiny material of the panty. Other than that they looked like regular panties except the crotch was smaller than most panties I’d ever seen. That explained why I’d not gotten a good VPL from Bobo. The label didn’t have a name but just some numbers and what I took to be the size... a bold M. There were three of these panties in the drawer and they all looked fairly new. That wasn’t the case with most of the other panties. They looked pretty sad and, with the one pair I pulled out to inspect, the leg elastic was starting to pull away from the material. I checked the labels on a few and they were so old that the printing had been washed away.

Since I was already in the drawer and Bobo’s bras were right there I took a peek at what size they were. I’d mentioned that she was well endowed and I found one that looked fairly new with a readable label... 36C. Some of the guys on the basketball team had been making guesses as to just how big she was. Now that I knew I felt somewhat empowered... but certainly couldn’t share the information.

Putting everything back in the drawer I really never had a serious thought about taking any panties. The older ones were just that... old... and with only three of the newer ones it would be obvious if one were missing. I made a mental note to be looking for panties like them whenever I had a chance to peruse a lingerie department. The negative side of that was I really didn’t have that much opportunity any more.

The clothes that Jack wanted to go to the dry cleaners were on the back of a chair in the kitchen. I’d walked right past them when I came in. I grabbed them up and headed for town. After leaving the items off I saw no need to go tell Jack that I’d accomplished his request so headed home to my sign. After designing the layout of a sign the actual painting/lettering is rather mindless. So... my thoughts went to Bobo’s panties. I was really curious as to why the subtle differences to what I called normal panties. I wondered if a trip to see my friend Judith who owned the boutique a few miles away might give me the answer. After about half an hour I was on my way.

Her new location, with more space, hadn’t been open all that long but it hadn’t taken Judith much time to overload it like her old space. We chatted for a bit but I had to have a reason for being there other than to ask about the different style of panties. As you know if you’ve been reading this tome for any time at all I loved Van Raalte panties because of the large crotch area and they were a brand she carried. Every time I visited the boutique I usually left with a box of six. Since I wanted to get back home before Elle did I asked if she'd gotten in any new styles. She smiled and led me back to the lingerie area and pulled out an unopened box. She showed me a pair and they looked exquisite. While she ran the sale up I made conversation and asked about the different panties I’d seen at Bobo's. I’d hoped she wouldn’t ask why I wanted to know and she didn’t... at first. She told me they were something new and were introduced to cut into the girdle market. The word she used was ”shaper“ and were to hold a female’s tummy in without being uncomfortable. After that explanation she asked why I wanted to know adding that from her observation Elle sure didn’t need one. I was lying when I told her we’d had a visitor for a few days and I’d gotten a look at one. She seemed to ‘buy’ my answer and proceeded to pull out a box from a shelf. The name on the side read ”Whisper Soft“ and she took a pair out. It was a bit different than Bobo’s but it had the same reversal of waist elastic and the different style of stitching. The front panel didn’t have as much fancy stitching as Bobo’s and when I reached out to touch the front panel it was less stiff than the front of Bobo’s. Standing there touching them I knew I wanted a pair even though I knew Elle would never wear them. The problem was could I come up with a plausible reason to buy one.

My ability to ‘think quick’ held me in good stead as I told her that they might be something Elle’s mother might like since she was always complaining when she wore a girdle. Judith didn’t hesitate and asked if I knew her size. I did know her dress size as Elle had bought her one for Christmas so gave that to her. She then handed me one and gave me instructions for her to try it on while wearing panties so if she didn’t like it I could return it. BINGO! My trip had been worth it... for two reasons.
                               

                       
The panties in the picture are 48 years old and have never been worn, not even for a minute. They were added to my ‘stash’ back then and have been there ever since.

To be continued...   

No comments: