Monday, November 28, 2016

ANOTHER YEAR... another month (Part 153g)

ANOTHER YEAR... another month (Part 153g)

The game plan that Jack came up with, to let Davo (at 6’6“) hang back towards the basket we were shooting at to pick up easy points didn’t work out as he’d expected. Davo did get some easy baskets but on the other end we only had four men on defense. Zone defenses weren’t in vogue back then but that’s what we pretty much had to do to cover the five of them on the attack. Their tallest player was maybe 5’10” with most around 5’7’ or less. But they were quick. After about 5 minutes I was winded as were most of the rest of the guys. At half time we were only ahead by a few points so Jack went back to normal, man to man basketball. I sat out after the half and let Johnnie go in for me. We were both the same height but he was a bit heavier and didn’t get pushed around as much as I did. We were pretty excited because it was the first game we led at half time and I was totally focused on the game... until Sandy jumped up when Johnnie scored a basket. She’d been sitting next to Bobo and when she got up it wasn’t hard for me to see the ‘smile’ on her butt cheeks. I got a few seconds view before she sat back down. In thinking about it I realized she was wearing a pair of sanitary panties over what I figured were ‘dribble’ panties. After not having seen her in quite a while it was a nice re-introduction.

There was no second look as I went back in the game shortly afterwards. With just a few minutes left the other team took the lead and Jack called a time out. Davo had most of the points for us but he was ‘gassed’ even though he hadn’t had to run all that much in the first half. He begged to sit out the last few minutes. That left Johnnie and I as the tallest players for our team and Jack set  us under the baskets to get rebounds on missed shots. We didn’t have all the fancy clocks they have today so we, on the floor, had no idea how much time was left. I got a rebound on the defensive end and saw Johnnie running towards our basket so I heaved the ball in that direction. It bounced once and into his hands. He dribbled a few feet and made the basket that won the game for us, our first win. We were all exhausted and were sort of holding each other up. When I saw Sandy running towards Johnnie I broke away as if I was going over to the bench. But, it was to get a better look at her backside. It was a lot wetter than the last look and, as mean as it sounds, I sort of enjoyed seeing her jumping around with the seat of her pants showing round wet spots on each cheek.

When that celebration calmed down Bobo broke out the goodies. Alcohol wasn’t allowed in the school but she’d brought a thermos with vodka in it to add to the sodas she’d brought to go with sandwiches. She squatted down to pour the vodka into the soda cans and as she did I got my second ‘reward’, a nice DP. It lasted for almost a minute and any of the other guys who might’ve been interested certainly had their chance. By the time we left to go home we were ready to take on the Harlem Globetrotters. I paid for it the next morning but, all in all, it was a good night!

Bad weather and working late a couple of Friday nights were the reasons for not attending any more of the boys varsity basketball games during the month. Elle only had a few days of teaching during the month but when she did she managed to run into Mo or Barbara from next door. They asked when we would be coming to the games as the season was winding down. Elle passed it on to me and I told her and the kids we’d go to the next game. I hadn’t seen Barbara since her mother made the ‘reveal’ about her wetting on purpose. I had very mixed emotions about it since she was, at sixteen, still a minor. I wasn’t sure how I’d react when I saw again.

With work progressing on the branch it meant I had to start in with the development of a new gift campaign for the opening. Between Bert (the president), Hobie and Gee, the Trustee/attorney, they’d managed to wrest control of that from the branch committee. On my own initiative I’d managed to get the names of a few companies who focused on what, in the industry, was called ‘premiums’. In looking over the material that the Trustees turned over to Bert they had only considered one company. I wasn’t really looking forward to the project but I wasn’t shying away from it wither.

The month really flew by. The end of it meant there was only six weeks until Elle and I headed for Florida. We were both getting excited and Elle had taken some of the money she’d earned in January and bought a few things just for the trip. I’d managed to get a few signs completed and had set aside some cash for spending money while we were there. Elle had managed to get in contact with one of her college friends who lived only a half hour from where we were to be staying and that was something else to look forward to. Joining up with Cliffy and the racecar provided an unexpected bonus in that he picked up extra cash driving people to and from the two city airports and offed to do the same for us and at no cost but for the gas. Elle’s mother, with plenty of warning, was willing to take the kids for the whole week. It seemed like everything was falling into place. Now it was on to March...

To be continued... 


No comments: