Saturday, April 22, 2017

A LKOT OF WORK... & play too (Part 158d)

A LOT OF WORK… & some play too (Part 158d)

It was dusk when I turned the key in the lock when we left. Lorie was all apologetic but, as I’ve written before, I had two routes to choose from to head home and one took me right next to her house. I’d dropped her off a time or two in the past and had noted how close to the road the wash line was. On a few occasions I’d driven that way and had seen panties on the line and had thought about making it my regular route… but didn’t. Her house was right on a corner with a stop light. It seemed that every time I went that way the light would be red for me… and it was as we approached. Stopped, I could see that part of the fence in front of the house was torn up. Lorie told me that the guy had made the turn at high speed and didn’t make it, driving right through the fence and into her parent’s car parked in the driveway. She said the police believed that his foot was still on the accelerator when he hit their car.

Lorie told me not to make the turn but to leave her off on the road along side the house. As I pulled to a stop I, again, noted just how close to the fence the clothes line was. There were but a few small towels hanging there but I could readily see that if I were standing at the fence I could reach over and touch them. As she walked away from the car I could envision panties in place of the towels. A nice thought. After pulling away, further on down the road, I told myself to start using this route both coming and going.

On Friday morning the sales rep and engineer from the telephone company were waiting for me when I arrived. I had too much to do to stay with them so asked Bret to do it for me. He was familiar with our needs so left it up to him to guide them. They were there the whole morning and when they finally left I was told I’d have a proposal by Wednesday.

I’d called Morris to let him know I’d need the paperwork to formally cement the deal. He hadn’t been in the office so I left a message with the woman who worked with him fully expecting a return call. By Friday evening I still hadn’t heard from him but, remembering how disorganized his place was, sloughed it off making a note to follow up the next week. Because I’d not been there the previous two Friday nights I was saddled with the ‘late shift’, working until 6pm. Business was slow so I was happy to be able to get caught up a bit. Just before it was time to close the doors I saw Lillian fall off her stool. Too lazy to get off and easily get a folder behind her she reached for it toppling over hitting her chin on the ledge of the fire safe. From my desk I couldn’t see where she’d landed but immediately ran to the teller area. She was crumpled up on the floor and bleeding from a wound on her forehead.

By the time I reached Lillian, Alice, who had the window next to her, was hysterical and blocking my access to her. I physically had to move her to get a closer look. As I did I could see Lillian roll from her side to her back. When she did she pulled her knees up towards her chest and put out one arm as if she wanted to be pulled up. Instinctively, I reached for her hand before realizing that it would be best to let her lie there and to assess her true condition. I pulled back my hand and bent down to tell her to just relax. As she did I think it was Jax, another teller, who had rolled up a jacket or something and put it under her head.

I know you won’t believe me but in spite of the obviously compromising position Lillian was in and my close proximity to her, I really never paid any attention to her very exposed panties. I was on my knees and close to her face telling her to be calm and to take deep breaths. It wasn’t until I felt something brush by my right hip that I turned back to see what it was. When I did I got a very quick glance at what seemed to be pink panties and saw Alice, now calmed down, trying to cover Lillian’s mid section by pulling down the hem of her dress.

Being a Friday evening (after 3pm) there were only three tellers on duty. Lillian was on the floor, Alice was attending to her along with me while Jaz was hovering over us. No one was paying any attention to the customers. I heard a loud male voice demanding some attention. It took a few seconds for me to recognize it… the owner of one of the drug stores in town (and also an obnoxious customer). I remember thinking he was the last person I needed at that moment. Even with a dozen thoughts flying around in my head the one thing I was focused on was Lillian. By then I was wondering if she should go to the hospital. The bleeding wasn’t all that bad but the gash looked bad. Then I heard the customer again and it suddenly came to me that with him being a pharmacist he could probably tell me. So, in spite of my personal feelings towards him and the fact that customers weren’t allowed in the work area, I had him come to take a look at her.

Alice and I got up to give him access and he didn’t take long to tell us there was nothing critical but that she definitely needed stitches and should go to the emergency room. That created a major problem for me. Who would take her? I couldn’t as I was the only bank officer in the building. As such, I had to see that the cash boxes were in the vault and the vault was locked before I could leave. It was just a bit past 5:30pm and a half hour until the doors closed. Looking at the staff I wasn’t all that confident that any of them wouldn’t freak out with the bleeding if I asked one of them to do it. What to do?

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! Who'd have thought so many people could get hurt working at a bank?! Too bad you couldn't enjoy the panty show!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

OB... sometimes you gotta do the right thing... :-)