Tuesday, April 11, 2017

HOME AGAIN... to some surprises (Part 157k)

HOME AGAIN… to some surprises (Part 157k)

Certainly not expecting that, I hesitated before answering. I don’t remember much of what Bull said except I distinctly remember him looking at Bitsy and in a questioning way saying “OK?”. I also remember the look on her face. I can still see her eyes, wide open, just as if a firecracker had gone off in front of her while walking down the street. As much the idea of sleeping in the same room as a very cute woman was tempting, I just couldn’t accept the offer. I was ‘safe’ in that I hadn’t told them about my disdain of going to my aunt and uncle’s house so when I explained who I was calling I came across as doing the ‘family thing’.

My aunt was, for lack of a better description, ‘ a pill’. My uncle was my mother’s brother and he was a ‘good guy’ but I rarely ever saw him because of my aunt. She was a control freak and ordered everybody, and I mean everybody, around. Fortunately,  I was able to contact my uncle who was a corporate attorney in the city. He had no problem with it and we agreed to meet at the train terminal.  I don’t know how long it had been since I’d been to their house. My cousin was still living at home at that time and I knew she’d gotten a teaching job some distance away. I won’t bore you with details except to say, as expected, it was painful. When it came time to go to bed I had one glimmer of something positive in that I was to sleep in my cousin’s room. I’d been told she usually came home on Saturdays so there was the thought she might still keep some clothes there. When I got the chance a peek into her dresser it was disappointing… the only panties were peach colored cotton ones that looked like they might go halfway to her knees. Free of my relatives I was finally able to think about what I’d experienced during the day. My focus was, naturally, on Bitsy.

Lying there in the darkness there was one thing that didn’t seem right. Bull had told me he was married for his senior year and also told me that his first child was born right after graduation. For him, that would have been eight years ago. My problem was that Bitsy, to me, looked like she was in her early 20’s. I did the math and figured that if she’d been 18 when she married that would make her 26 years old. No expert on judging age, I just couldn’t believe she was more than 20 or 21. Another thing that was puzzling was her panties. I’d noted when inspecting them that she’d brought four pair for just two days… and two were cotton and two were nylon. I fell asleep wondering if I’d ever see her again.

+++++++++++++++++++++
I'm going to break from tradition here... Normally, I'll let a 'thread' die to be picked up again, further on. In this case I'm going to close it out.

About ten years ago, Elle and I, both retired, decided to go on a week long trip on a small cruise ship (about 20 cabins) to visit the islands of New England. There were two employees of the tour company assigned to the boat. On one of the stops I ended up chatting with one of them... a middle aged female. Somehow, we ended up talking about colleges and I mentioned mine. Her immediate response was to say her father went there as well. When I asked what year he graduated she answered 1960. I told her my year was 1959 and asked what his name was. When she told me I almost shouted "BULL!". The look on her face was priceless. "I haven't heard him called that in at least thirty years. He was my father!"

She told me he'd died a few years back. I told her about my being a banker like her father and that we'd met up at a few conferences and how, at one, I'd met her mother. Hearing that her demeanor changed. "My mother never went to a bank conference with him!" I proceeded to tell her about how I'd met the woman I thought was her mother and been told her name was "Bitsy". That brought forth laughter and she then told me that she was "Bitsy". She'd been given the nickname "Itsy Bitsy" because she'd been born premature, weighing only 3 1/2 pounds. It got shortened to just "Bitsy" when she started to talk.

That had me really puzzled... but for only a few seconds as she, almost laughing, explained that the woman I'd met had been his secretary. She went on to tell me that Bull eventually divorced her mother and married her. She was, for a while, her stepmother. After the divorce her mother had gained custody of both her and her brother and she had very little to do with her father until she was about 20 and after he'd divorced the woman I'd thought was "Bitsy". I asked if she had any idea why Bull had introduced her to me with that name. I remember her looking at me smiling but with a somewhat questioning look. "We never knew what he was thinking or doing."
+++++++++++++++++++++

I got home just after midday. When I pulled my car up to the garage I saw Mo and Barbara from next door playing with my girls. But, there were two other older girls there as well. It took a few seconds for me to remember that their German cousins were coming to spend a month or so. I sat behind the wheel watching them as they stood and observed the others doing a mix of tumbling and cheering. Both the girls were blonde with hair to their shoulders. They were both taller than Barbara and Mo and were a little on the ‘chunky’, but not fat, side. I wondered if they knew any English at all.

As soon as I stepped out of the car my three girls came running over. They were all excited… not to see me but to introduce me to their new friends, Herta and Helga. I walked over to where they were standing and, if there was one thing that stood out about them it was their breasts. I just remember they were wearing long sleeve blouses and the cleavage was impressive. I also remember hearing something like “Jaa” when I asked if they were having fun.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a small world we live in! Meeting Bull's daughter so randomly like that, what a pleasant surprise. Bull sounds like he was a ladies man, too bad you couldn't keep one of Bitsy's (the elder) panties. Looking forward to reading about the German girls.

Bad

oldblue said...

I think that everyone has a moment of connecting to a past event or running into someone in a faraway place who has a connection to are past lives. Bull seems to have lived a rather deceptive life. When I give it a little thought don't we all.

Pantymaven said...

BS and OB... The chance meeting with Bull was just one of a number times it's happened to me. There's a lady in our complex (approx 220 people) who spent summers only 3 miles from the area I'm writing about in the blog. The executive chef for the complex went to high school with good friends of Anne, our middle daughter. It's really a "small world" and when you get people who are willing to talk about their lives it becomes even smaller.