Tuesday, October 17, 2017

MORE SUMMER HEAT... lots of it (Part 162i)

MORE SUMMER HEAT… lots of it (Part 162i)

The voice was her son telling her there was a phone call. Not sure just how long it would be until Ed returned I made a snap decision to head for the back area of the barn and the clothes lines. I discovered the barn was really an old carriage house and there were two horse stalls, one on each side, back there. The clothes line was strung in a zig zag fashion from one side to the other. Unlike one would expect when hanging clothes these were just draped over the line and without clothes pins. The ones closest to me as I approached were mens (and boys) pants and shirts. The way they were hanging made it difficult to get to the back as I had to duck under each line. As I did I could feel the dampness of the clothes as they brushed my arms. After I ducked under a couple of them I began to get worried about Ed’s return. I hesitated for a few seconds before deciding to press on. The further back I went the darker it was. After a couple more lines I stopped again and peered into the darkness. What actually caught my attention was seeing some bras draped over the line. That was enough for me to make a couple more passes under the damp clothes where I found what I hoped I would find… panties. Not a lot but maybe a half dozen. As I ducked under the last line before reaching my goal I noticed a couple of light colored items on the hard dirt floor and immediately went for them. Picking them up I could feel they were nylon or rayon even though they, like everything else, were cool and damp. I had them in my hand when I heard a car door slam. I was in an instant panic. I’m guessing but I had to have ducked under at least eight, if not more, of the lines strung from side to side on my way back towards the boat. Finally under the last one with the pants on it I found myself at the transom (back) of the boat. Ed called and I, still in panic mode, called out to him telling him where I was. I still had the damp items in my hand and as I saw him approaching I was able to get them stuffed into my pocket. He asked what I was doing and out of no where I came up with a question about the rudder for the boat.

I’d have to give lessons for you to understand but accept it when I tell you the design of his boat was a bit unique. I was somewhat familiar with that class of boat as my brother had sold them when they were first imported to the USA. But, my question was legitimate and I proceeded to query Ed about it without raising questions about why I wasn’t still inside the boat attaching the new fittings. With the high humidity due to the rain I was already pretty wet from perspiration but with Ed’s return it made me even wetter. Ed had purchased the missing screws and gotten the epoxy we needed and after about a half hour we were finished. By then the dampness of the things in my pocket had worked its way out and was now showing on my shorts. Ed invited me in but I declined thinking it safer to leave. Plus, I really wasn’t sure exactly what I had in my pocket.

The post office closed at noon on Saturdays and I’d heard the noon siren a while back so there was no real reason to stop in the village… except I wanted to explore the contents of my pocket. I pulled into the post office parking lot and got the items out and was pleasantly surprised. In the brief few seconds I’d seen a DP when Ed’s daughter was visiting with Barbara I’d observed two different panties… one light blue and the other white. I didn’t have the time to do a real study of the waist elastics but I felt confident that the white pair had a ’tunnel’ elastic. That’s where the elastic is encased by the same material as the panty. I was now holding a pair of white panties with a tunnel elastic and, they were truly ‘fancy panties’ with lace inserts at the front leg openings. I was ecstatic as I looked at the label. They were made by Kayser, one of the two lingerie manufacturers that used that type of construction, but the size listed on the label was 6… and there was no way Edna was a size 6. I was a bit disappointed with that discovery but took a look at the other ‘treasure’. It was a pair of bikinis and, at first glance, looked about the same size as the full brief panties. A peek inside to find that label told me they were made by Formfit Rogers and were also a size 6. I was confused. Now thinking that they, indeed, belonged to the mother and not Edna I wished I’d paid more attention to her looks. Her head had been covered by a rain slicker but even with the short time we’d chatted I knew she was taller than Edna and definitely ‘fuller’ through her hips so the probability was that they were hers. I sat there staring at the panties and realized that they were both really fancy, especially the bikinis. Lace across the top half of the body made them appear to be really sexy when on a woman. It made me wonder if the woman didn’t use those to arouse her husband.
    
Kayser size 6

Formfit Rogers size 6
When I turned the car around to leave I realized that the rain and wind had really picked up. At home, the short dash to the shelter of the patio left me quite damp. Once inside I was taken by how quiet it was. I found Elle lying on the sofa, reading, and asked about the kids. She made a face and told me they were in their bedrooms. She’d gotten tired of the petty bickering between them and banished them from her sight. This being the second straight day of being house bound Elle had reached her limit. This had happened before and on those occasions we’d contacted Elle’s mother to take the kids overnight and we’d go to a movie. But, with the bad weather, no one was going anywhere.

Because this was the weekend Barbara and her family were to move in to their new house Barbara had packed up her things in anticipation of it. Now, with the change in plans we didn’t know what was happening other than Barbara would be staying for a few more nights. Elle didn’t know if she was feeding her that night or weather she was eating with her father so that had Elle ‘on edge’ as well. Normally, on rainy days, Elle or I would go pick her up after she was finished working but didn’t know if we should. Calling the store was a ‘hit or miss’ type thing as the old couple who owned the store were hard of hearing and sometimes missed the calls. That was the case that afternoon as the phone just rang and rang. I really didn’t want to go out again so sat and hoped that if a ride was needed Barbara would call. She didn’t…

A car I’d never seen before pulled up the driveway and I watched as Barbara, like me earlier, made a running dash to the patio. Even though we’d not seen any sun for a few days it was still quite warm out so the back screen door was open and unlatched. I went to greet her and had to laugh when I saw her. Her hair looked like she’d just stepped out of the shower it was so wet. Her clothes, at least her blouse, was also very wet which prominently showed off her bra. She apologized for not calling but because of the weather the owners had decided to close early and she was offered a ride by the last customer in the store. They had to walk a fair distance to get to the car and by the time they reached it they were both soaking wet. By the time she’d told me this Elle had appeared and, seeing Barbara’s condition, grabbed a towel for her and told her to go in the bathroom and strip off her wet clothes and she’d get some dry clothes. Barbara did and Elle ran right upstairs only to find Barbara had packed all her things.  She must’ve realized that because the next thing I saw was Barbara headed up the stairs with the towel wrapped around her. As soon as she did I made my way into the bathroom...

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great find! Those panties are amazing, don't see any like that now days! Can't wait to read what you found in the bathroom!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... You're certainly right on that! There's no "character' to today's offerings. Lace seems to have disappeared almost completely. Give me the good old days!