Thursday, October 05, 2017

MORE SUMMER HEAT... Part 162c)

MORE SUMMER HEAT… lots of it (Part 162c)

Edna was an absolutely charming guest. Somewhat shy, she ‘blossomed’ after a short time. When my girls found out she was one of the cheerleaders they immediately started pestering her, as well as Barbara, to do cheers with them. Edna wasn’t dressed for that sort of thing, wearing a skirt and blouse, and Elle tried to dissuade the girls from that activity. Barbara was of no help by saying Edna could change into some of her clothes. Poor Edna was being besieged from all angles but agreed. It was while the supper dishes were being cleared that I, very casually, told Elle I’d be leaving to go work on the car. It was one of those ‘if looks could kill’ times but, with a new guest, she let it go with just the ‘look’. Barbara and Edna had gone upstairs to change but when they returned Edna was still in her skirt. I’ve described Barbara as short and petite and Edna was neither. When the two of them reappeared in the kitchen it was Elle that asked what had happened. Hearing the problem, she walked up to Edna and went back to back with her. She quickly determined that they were about the same size and offered her a pair of her shorts and a top. I’m sure Edna had thought she was free and clear when Barbara’s things didn’t fit but she smiled as Elle ran up the stairs.

I made some small talk with Edna while waiting for her to return. When she did she handed Edna a pair of knit shorts with a matching top. The shorts were goldenrod in color and the top had multiple color stripes that went with the shorts. I remember sizing Edna up against Elle and thought she had a bit wider hip. When Edna came out of the bathroom I knew I was right… the shorts were a bit tight… which, after Edna took a few steps towards the door, made them just right for me. Because everybody was headed for the door at the same time I didn’t get to see any ‘detail’ but as soon as we were outside and headed for the front yard I began kicking myself about going to work on the car.

Knit shorts (and slacks) were a boon for VPL lovers. As we made the turn from the side yard into the front yard the late afternoon sun hit Edna’s backside. I was in heaven. Not only was I able to see a VPL but I actually got two. It  was readily apparent she was wearing two pair of panties as two crotch lines were easily seen. I still hadn’t changed my clothes and had on my suit pants. Fortunately, the pockets were deep and I was able to somewhat control my bulge. Both Jean and Anne were calling to do a pyramid but to do it they would need another person. In the past Elle had not permitted Kaye, our youngest, to participate, afraid she would get hurt. She was adamant that she be included and it was Edna who suggested that the older girls be on the bottom, on their hands and knees, and that she’d place Kaye on the top. Jean and Anne quickly formed the base and as they did Edna went over to pick Kaye up. When she did she bent over… a VPL lovers greatest hope. BUT… back in this period of time the tops that were popular often only went down to the waist line. AND… when someone wearing just such a top bent over it was not uncommon to see some bare flesh, AND… very, very, often a DP (down pants) with a fair amount of panty showing. In this case there were two pair of panties showing… one light blue and the other white. As Edna picked Kaye up my eyes were riveted on her backside. I don’t know how long it was before Elle called out to me asking if I wasn’t going to the garage to work on the race car. I was surprised by her question and quickly responded that I was. Over time I came to the conclusion that she’d seen my gaze focused on Edna’s rear end and that was her way to end it. Even though my on-site view had ended the memory of it is still as clear as can be.

Even though Joe wasn’t at the shop (a union welder, he was on an out of state job) by the time we left (after midnight) we had assembled what is known as a ’short block’. That meant all we had to do on Friday night was put the new cylinder heads and intake manifold on before putting the motor back in the car. There would still be a lot of work to do connecting hoses and wires up but we were all optimistic that we’d have it ready in plenty of time. On my way home it came to me that we’d now have a motor but now we needed tires… and basically had no money for them. I already knew the rest of the team looked at me as a pessimist but I considered myself to be a realist. Somebody had to do the job.

In life, timing is so very important. Sometimes you can’t control it and in the situation that involved me on Friday at the bank that was the case. With things now slower at the main office I felt it would be a good time to send Mike, the messenger custodian, to the branch with what was left of the new account gifts. I needed to consolidate them for potentially returning them to Morris. With Mike not available to do the afternoon messenger runs Bret and I filled in. I don’t know why I chose the Main Street one taking mortgage documents to one of the law firms that handled mortgage closings for us. The only way to get there was to go past the insurance company where “Polack Joe” worked. On my way back it was Joe who walked out the door right in front of me. I won’t go so far as to call it an ‘attack’ but I found him walking up to me asking, somewhat aggressively, to know why the branch didn’t have a better opening. It took all my mental strength to keep from telling him just what I thought of him and his arrogant ways. I was both surprised and upset at having him accost me but at the same time got past him by saying that he’d have to ask Bert at the next Board meeting. He tried to badger me but I started walking on while shrugging my shoulders. I never looked back so I don’t know just how upset I made him… but I didn’t embarrass myself and yet knew I’d hear about it down the line.

I’d been after Bret to go to the races since the season started. He was a big fan and had gone to high school with C J. When C J switched tracks Bret was deeply disappointed. Getting to the new track meant he’d have to drive 45 minutes to get there. His wife worked and they only had one car. If he were to go it would mean arriving late and for some reason that bothered him. However, with us now using C J’s heads I was really on his case to make the trip. When I left for home he was wavering.

As I pulled up to the shop I saw a big, commercial van in the open doorway. Snap-On Tools, in big red letters, was on the side of it. I knew the garage closed for business at 6pm and it was almost 7:30pm. Some of the crew was there and watching Cliffy work on the truck. I asked Alan what was happening and he took me aside and said the guy who owned the truck was a race fan and every time he was in the area stopped to chat with Cliffy. On that afternoon his van broke down and he called the garage for a tow. Being a Friday the guy wanted to get back home so offered to pay Cliffy to work on his truck even after 6pm. Alan was smiling at this point and told me the guy was paying Cliffy cash and not the garage and Cliffy was putting the money towards tires. Alan had figured that with the limited cash the crew had and Cliffy’s money we might have enough for two and that would be good enough. That news was enough to make even me smile.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Elle caught you enjoying a VPL many times! I'm thinking walking away from Polok Joe was the best thing to do in that scenario. Probably a good thing Bret wasn't there instead of you, he may not have handled it as well. Snap On tools, the best stuff! Wish I could afford them!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... You're right about Elle and my 'looks'... and that's why I think she called me out on that one. As far as Bret and Polack Joe... he didn't have to interact with him like I did so I'm not sure on that.