Saturday, December 02, 2017

A short hiatus

A short hiatus...

My wife and I belong to a social club and tonight is the annual Christmas affair. We were supposed to be a fringe part of the whole thing but on Wednesday, the husband of the lady who is in charge died in his sleep. To salvage the event a call went out for volunteers to make sure that it went off as planned. It includes a sit down dinner, entertainment followed by dancing. Over 100 people have paid their money and the banquet hall had ordered the provisions. So, the long and short of it is we're involved, right up to our eyeballs. I spent the morning decorating the banquet room and came home for about two hours to give my back a rest. I'm sure everything will go off smoothly but what I'm not looking forward to is the clean-up afterwards. The ending time is 11pm and we have to take all the decorations down before we leave because the hall is hosting a charity brunch tomorrow morning. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I wake up. Then, we've been invited by our daughter, Anne, to go to a double header basketball game tomorrow afternoon with her and our granddaughter. The granddaughter has an 'interest' in one of the players.

So, looking to the future, I hope I'll be back 'on track' on Monday.

PM

  

3 comments:

oldblue said...

Have a good time, It's great to know you are still being volunteered for extra duties.

Anonymous said...

Hope the Christmas shindig went well!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

OB... you do what you gotta do...

BS... hard to say, under the circumstances...