Monday, December 18, 2017

THE HEAT GOES ON... August (Part 163h)

THE HEAT GOES ON… August (Part 163h)

Elle never complained about her wet pants and when we got home she willingly wet her panties for me before we headed for bed. The love making was definitely better when the kids weren’t there and it even carried over to the morning. It wasn’t raining but the first thing I did was to tune in the local radio station to get a weather report and it wasn’t good. The only hope for racing that night was that the track was some 45 miles to the West and there was always the chance the weather would be different there. The only planned chore I  was able to accomplish was to take the garbage to the landfill. By chance, I saw Alan there and he felt there was little chance we’d be racing but was headed for the garage anyway. Since I wouldn’t cut the lawns (mine and the church) when it was wet and that was the only ‘chore’ on my agenda I followed him. It wasn’t even 10am and Cliffy had already called the track and was told the races were called off for the night. I debated with myself about telling them about my conversation with Lynda and sponsorship but decided against it. I’d had time to think about what would have to take place for us to switch over to Chevrolet power and knew we didn’t have the money to do it. Hell, we didn’t really have to money to do the racing we were doing. However, there was only a month left for the racing season and time to think about going to the season ending Championship race in Pennsylvania in early October. Cliffy wanted to go over just what we’d have to do and how much money it would cost to make the attempt. He’d attempted it once before and been caught up in a wreck during a qualifying race. He still had the notes from that time and we used them as sort of a guide. Me, being the practical one, had serious reservations about doing it but Cliffy and Alan were the optimists and preached the old adage “where there’s a will, there’s a way”. I was only one part of a six part partnership so could only stand back to wait and see what developed.

The party at Marty and Janie’s was fairly boring… but yet somewhat interesting. We didn’t know most of the people who were there. We subsequently found out two couples were their new neighbors. From the sailing club it was just us along with Rex and his wife. Even though the little community their house was in was located right across the creek that separated where Elle’s and my parents lived I knew almost none of the history of it. Marty went on to explain that the man who developed it had bought the property right before WWII and because of the war couldn’t do anything with it until after it was over. Looking back on it now, he was definitely a ‘visionary’ because when he subdivided the lots he made it so that as many as possible would have access to the water (actually, the creek). That was why I’d found Marty and Janie’s plot so strange when I’d driven her there to check on her simmering pot earlier in the week. The owner/developer couldn’t change the way the land faced the water so he made these odd shaped lots to maximize the number that could be sold as ‘waterfront’. Marty told all his guests about it and most found it interesting. The first home had been built there 20 years earlier. The owner had established strict covenants and among them were that all houses were to be one story, painted white and the shutters (if they had them), blue. Another thing was that there were to be no fences. He told us the largest home was only a little over 1200 square feet as the idea behind them was that they were to be just Summer bungalows. Supposedly, the first one cost $8,000 and Marty volunteered he’d paid just under $25,000. That, to me, was an absolute shock. I’d paid $25,000 for a house with 2400 square feet and almost 3/4 of an acre of land. Marty, when asked, thought he had about 1/8 of an acre. I was getting a lesson on the value of waterfront (really, water accessible) property and it was for free.

Of the attendees there was only one female who I found to be ‘interesting’. She was wearing what could best be called a beach ‘cover-up’. It was white with a fair amount of lace and the part that really caught my attention was the slit up one side. A guess would be that it came to about an inch of where her panty leg elastic would ride on her hip. Initially, we all stood around with some sort of drink in our hands. I knew she would have to eventually sit and I wanted to make it my ‘project’ to be around when she did. Unfortunately, as often happens at theses type gatherings, the men congregated in the kitchen. It would’ve been too obvious to stay in what could loosely be called the living room along with the women so I tried to position myself in the doorway. They say patience is a virtue and for the most part, I didn’t have much. BUT… I had enough to get what I was hoping for.

When Marty and Janie bought the place it came fully furnished. Almost all of the furniture was wicker with cushions that could be interchanged. The woman found her seat to be somewhat uncomfortable and asked for another cushion to  put behind her. As she placed it she had to turn about halfway around and as she did the dress (or whatever it was) stayed put on the cushion. She sort of slid out into the room a bit and in so doing her panties were exposed all the way up to above her hip bone. She was oblivious as to the view she was giving off so I got an eyeful. White with lace around the leg opening I would have to classify them as being “Fancy Panties”.

After she got herself settled and the hem pulled down I turned my attention back to the kitchen conversation. As I remember it the subject was sailmaking which is what Marty did for a living. However, my goal was to find out something about the woman who’d made it worth while for me to have been there. Not wanting to be obvious I just interjected some general sailing questions toward the two men who were Marty’s neighbors. It took a little work but found out her name was Al… or Alex… or Dria… depending on who was talking to her. I won’t bore you with the detail on that but suffice it to say they lived in the house closest to Marty and Janie. That piece of information gave rise to the thought that the panties I’d seen on the washline on Wednesday might belong to her. Thinking about the weird property lines and not marked by fences it was a distinct possibility. I’d not had time to do a real ‘appraisal’ of the panties when I’d noticed them but by looking at the woman in the other room I could definitely see they might be hers.

The only other memory of that evening was when visiting the bathroom (there was only one) I spied a wicker hamper (what else?) and knew that before leaving for the evening that I’d do a ‘dive’ into it. For a while it looked like that might not happen but when Rex and his wife were saying their good byes I ducked into the room. I thought the downstairs bathroom in our house was small but it was second bathroom. This one was about the same size and it was the only one in the house. I used the toilet and flushed while reaching to pop the top of the hamper. Right there on top was a bra and pair of panties. Seeing them I figured Janie was the last to shower. I grabbed them and felt the material of the panties. It was cotton but a softer blend than the Carter’s that Elle wore. I remembered that the Lollipop cotton panties used the softer type and as I opened them up saw they were full briefs and had leg elastics, not the cotton band leg like the ones Barbara (and sometimes even Elle) wore. I’d seen leg elastics on the Lollipop cotton bikini’s but finding them on the full briefs was new to me. It was then that I remembered the panties on the line and they were definitely nylon. That made me think of Al… or Alex… or Dria, next door. Putting the panties back in the hamper I was proud of the ‘detective work I’d done.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, PM the panty detective! Surprised you didn't stuff the panties in your pocket!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... for once, I used common sense... with just a limited number people at the party and with the panties right on top in the hamper, Janie would know the thief was one of us... Like I said, if things worked out there would be future opportunities.