Tuesday, May 01, 2018

KEEPING UP... Busy, busy, busy (Part 166u)

KEEPING UP… Busy, busy busy (Part 166u)

Based upon the seriousness of her conversation at lunch I was glad to see the smile. I’d gathered that she felt somewhat helpless in that there was nothing she could do to help her husband. But, I was going to be late back to the bank so left it at that. It was late in the afternoon when I saw Trish, Joanie, Eileen and Woody headed for the back stairs. I hoped they could get the situation with the costumes worked out because the judging part of the promotion was on Wednesday. Hobie called me to his area to discuss having me take the mortgage committee meeting on Wednesday. However, that was the day I was going to be out doing the Halloween costume judging at all the truly retail stores. Bret, also an Assistant Secretary, had never taken a meeting so I was charged with getting him prepared. My first thought was panic because he’d be in the Mad Hatter costume and I was sure he’d refuse to do it. However, Hobie had thrown the ‘ball’ to me. I’d wanted to see Trish when she and the others returned to find out if it was all settled but my conversation with Hobie had me distracted and I missed her. It wasn’t that important that I knew right away but it was just my curiosity working overtime. I went to the back door to check with Mike, the messenger/custodian, to see if they’d all departed and he nodded that they had. So, my newest problem was to deal with Bret and the upcoming meeting.

There was nothing that had to be done that would’ve prevented me from going home at that point and being on time… that is until I saw a form walking slowly across the lobby floor. It was Woody with a sheepish look on her face. She got to the gate of the platform and asked if she could come in. I waved her through and, concerned because I knew she had to be at the bus stop at 5pm sharp and it was now past that, I asked what had happened. She, still with the sheepish look, said that they’d lost track of time and she just plain missed the bus. I could see she was nervous as I could barely hear her speak. I had to encourage her to speak up and when she did it was to ask for a vary big favor… drive her to where she was living. I’d done it one time before and it wasn’t all that far away… about fifteen or so minutes. I tried not to look annoyed when I told her I’d have to call home to say I’d be a little late..

I didn’t have much to put away before I got up to leave. But, when I did she hit me with a ‘bombshell’. I’d not thought to ask her the final decision on their costumes so when she asked “Pretty please… even though Eileen is going to be the Cheshire Cat can I at least try it on?” I don’t think I rolled my eyes before asking where the costume was. When she said it was in Lillian’s bottom drawer I hesitated but told her to go get it. I think she might’ve skipped her way to Lillian’s teller spot. When she returned she had a questioning look on her face which I took as “where do I go?” I just pointed at the bathroom that was right there. Her costume didn’t take up any room at all being that it was one piece and, although the room was small, there was adequate space for her to try it on. As she closed the door I wondered how what initially should have been an easy project had turned into something so drawn out. It didn’t take long for the door to open and this cat like creature, purple an pink, to appear. However, as she did she asked if I could zip her up. Other than knowing it was one piece I hadn’t given any thought to the design of the costume. When she turned around I was looking at a ‘V’ of bare skin from her shoulders to just above where her butt crack would be. It was punctuated by the back of her bra and about three inches of white panties. I really wasn’t expecting that and as I got up to do it I could feel a certain something ‘rising’. Approaching, I made a conscious effort to see if I could identify the maker of her panties from the waist elastic. I couldn’t but what I did see was that the waist elastic had separated from the body of the panties in two places. I grabbed the zipper handle and tried pulling it up but it wouldn’t move. I remember hesitating and then telling her I’d have to put one hand on the material of the costume to hold it as I tugged the handle of the zipper. She didn’t say anything and in a few seconds the zipper was all the way up. There was a full length mirror on the back of the door and she stood there admiring herself. I stepped back and what I saw was impressive. The costume fit her like it was custom made for her… and that was going to be a problem.

I had to ask about the White Rabbit costume and when I did she made a ‘face’. I asked why the look and she kind of grimaced and said it didn’t really fit her. It was two pieces and there was a gap at the waist. Then she added that she couldn’t wear the ears because of the low headroom at the drive up window. She said she thought she looked stupid with only the body of the rabbit suit and that without the ears no one would know who or what she was supposed to be. In the few seconds it took for her to explain her position I could see her point. I told her that I’d speak to Trish but it was really up to her. Then I remember hearing Mike yell out “Good night” and saying there was no one left upstairs. I looked at the wall clock and knew I had to get going. I motioned for her to turn around so I could unzip her and when I did I, again, took notice of the condition of her panties. She quickly changed and as we went out the door I did a mental calculation as to what time I’d be home. When I called Elle I said I should be there around 6:30pm. A glance at the clock told me that wasn’t going to happen.

Woody was quiet for the first part of the trip but finally opened up by almost pleading that she be allowed to be the Cheshire Cat. I repeated my position, deferring to Trish. I changed the subject by thanking her for starting to make payments on the loan I’d given her for clothes and in so doing asked how she was doing monetarily. It was dark so I couldn’t read her face but when she said “OK” I could hear some doubt. Wanting to ‘pick her up’ I asked if there was anything she needed ,and being somewhat of a smart ass, besides new underwear. You already know my almost overbearing interest in panties and I was hoping that would generate some sort of response. But all I got was silence, probably what I deserved. Then she turned towards me and asked if I remembered when she’d borrowed the clothes from Peggy. I told her I did and she then started talking very rapidly. I can’t put down the exact words but, in essence, she told me how she’d asked Peggy where she’d gotten the “underpants’ (her word) that she’d loaned her as they were really nice. Woody went on that Peggy had made her promise that she wouldn’t say anything but told her that she’d bought them from me. Hearing that I was a bit shocked… for two reasons. One; I’d given them to Peggy and, Two: I couldn’t believe Peggy would’ve told her after having promised not to.

By then I knew we were getting close to our destination and had to close the conversation. I had mixed emotions with the positive being that we were talking about panties and the negative being that Peggy had ‘outed’ me. One thing I used to be good at was coming up with things off the top of my head and this was another case of that. Woody had used the term “bought” when telling me about Peggy’s source of the panties. I immediately remembered my friend Willy and his lingerie company and that I’d had Trish pass around one of his catalogs to the employees. The response hadn’t been good but it did give some legitimacy to Peggy’s “buying” the panties. So, with only a minute or so to go I gave the quick version of my relationship with Willy and his company. I told her that I had “samples” at home and if she was interested I could bring some in. The truth of the matter was that there were some in the trunk of the car. We’d stopped by then and as I turned to look at her could see her eyes were wide as she told me “Yes”. I asked if she knew what size she wore and she just shook her head. I told her that was why they had samples. Watching her walk up the path I just hoped I hadn’t bitten off more than I could handle.

To be continued…

No comments: