Thursday, May 10, 2018

KEEPING UP... Busy, busy, busy (Part 166x)

KEEPING UP… Busy, busy, busy (Part 166x)

I really was concerned about Woody so made another attempt to find out what Trish knew about her absence. She was annoyed that I’d come back to her on it but she did say she was OK and that she wasn’t sick or hurt. In my mind if she wasn’t either of those things then it had to be something minor so I pressed on. It had been a while since I’d witnessed Trish get exasperated but she sure was getting there with me. I guess she realized I wasn’t going to go away so she finally gave in saying that Woody was both embarrassed and scared. This whole thing was getting a bit weird but hearing the term “scared’ bothered me. We’d had a few instances where drive-up customers had hurled some less than kind words at the teller knowing they were protected by the glass but I’d not heard the term “scared’ used when the teller explained what had happened. I chose that path to go down as I pressed Trish for more explanation.

Trish was a ‘nine to fiver’ unless  preparations were made in advance and it was now getting close to 5pm. I think I asked just what it was that she was afraid of. Trish screwed up her face and sort of spit out that it had to do with her costume. When we received them we’d been told not to alter them in any way and to be really careful of them as they were expensive. I didn’t like hearing that something might’ve happened to Woody’s costume and asked just what had happened to it and if it had gotten ripped or torn. She shook her head in a negative fashion and I made a motion with my head and eyes that pleaded for more information. I remember Trish looking over her shoulder at the clock on the wall above the rear doors and then, clearly upset with me, said that Woody had wet herself while still in the costume. My immediate thought (believe it or not) was that wasn’t all that bad and even if it couldn’t be washed it could be dry cleaned. Elle had wet enough of her wool clothes for me to know about that. I asked where the suit was and she said the last she saw of it it was on the back of the toilet. She added that she’d helped Woody get cleaned up but didn’t know if Woody had taken it with her or not. Trish was moving away from me towards her desk to get her things when I asked if she’d go check the bathroom. Most of the tellers were still there so there was no way I was going to peek in myself. She grabbed her bag and headed in that direction. I followed as far as the work area and stopped. She was back quickly and said it was on top of the toilet tank. I thanked her and got a terse “Good night!” in return.

Back at my desk I knew I couldn’t just leave it there especially since I was the person responsible for all the costumes. Bret had shed his as soon as the doors were closed at 3pm. Joanie and Lillian had used the Board room as a dressing room but neither had changed until after my little talk. Woody, because hers was one piece and easy to handle had chosen to use the first floor ladies bathroom which was right next to her work station. I waited until everyone of the first floor employees had gone before I headed that way. It was while I was waiting for that to happen that I began to wonder what had caused Woody her problem especially with the bathroom right there. Walking into the room there was no missing the purple and pink material that made up the costume. The head for it was hanging on a hook on the back of the door while the suit itself was draped over the toilet tank. I picked it up by the shoulders and held it up. There was only a single ceiling bulb for light and when I scanned the lower extremities I couldn’t make out any wetness. I grabbed the lower legs fully expecting to feel a cold wetness but didn’t find it. Then I turned it around to the back and there right around where the zipper ended I could see the discoloration of the material. After seeing the results of so many of Elle’s mishaps I was surprised to find it in only the seat area which made me believe that she’d peed herself while sitting down. I opened the door and checked the seat cushion on her work chair and found it was dry. I was truly puzzled… but also starting to get a bit ‘turned on’.

In an effort to cut down on unnecessary vandalism in our town, some of the merchants and the school Board collaborated to have an open house at the school starting at 6pm. Elle had volunteered us to chaperone so I had to leave the bank by no later than 5:30pm. On my way home I had a chance to think about Woody and her ‘accident’ and wondered what had happened to her wet panties. I'd checked the floor of the bathroom and the waste basket but didn’t find them. I had the costume in the car with the intention of washing it if Elle thought it could be done without damaging it. I also wondered what would happen the next day when Woody got to work.

Walking in the door I found the kids all dressed in their costumes and Elle in the processing of getting herself ready to go as a hobo. I had been dressed as a sack of potatoes the previous year and Elle had resurrected it and had it laid out for me. There wasn’t time to eat but she did want pictures before we left. I set the Polaroid up with the timer and got a couple. We’d done this duty the previous year and had fun doing it. The program got high marks from the police and the neighboring school district had decided to do the same thing. Even though I was hungry I was actually looking forward to it as we drove down the driveway.
         

There were a number of parts to the whole evening. There were games for the younger kids and a dance for the older ones. Pizza, soda, ice cream, candy and cake were the popular refreshments. There was a costume contest for three different age levels. The highlight of the evening (for me) was in seeing this woman dressed as an angel. I’m not sure the costume was what she thought it was but I can tell you that the white material was very sheer. When she was standing still, the way it hung from her waist on down pretty much covered her panties. But when she moved, either walking or dancing, it was a riveting sight. When she walked across the stage for the judging Elle caught me staring and smacked me in the arm (hard) to break my ‘trance’. Later I asked if she knew who it was and she had no idea. I asked a couple of other people I knew (men) and they were ‘taken’ by her as well but were also curious as to her
identity.

Elle had worn a “package” knowing it would be  hard to undress to use the toilet while in her costume. We were at the refreshment table when I saw her shudder. I knew what that meant and smiled and immediately thought about Woody. I hadn’t told Elle about her ‘accident’ and the wet costume because there hadn’t been time before leaving. After getting the kids to bed I told her about what had happened and retrieved the costume from the car. I didn’t know much about different materials and how they could or couldn’t be cleaned but Elle determined that the cat costume was washable. It was made of synthetic material, but not nylon, which told her it was OK to go ahead and wash. She asked what had happened and I really couldn’t tell her. I also couldn’t admit that I wanted very much to know the details myself… but had no idea how to get them.(110)

To be continued…




No comments: