Monday, July 16, 2018

ANOTHER YEAR... More adventures (Part 168c)

ANOTHER YEAR… More adventures (Part 168c)

I didn’t have a plan for what to do once we were in the house but with this surprise I was thrown for a loss. I got her moving and even though it was only about 15 to 20 feet to the still open door it was slow going. She almost fell twice and somehow I managed to keep her somewhat vertical. I got to the door and propped her up for a minute to get my breath. To do it I had to put one leg between her legs while holding her shoulders against the door jamb. I knew she was speaking but I have no memory of what she was saying. I was looking into the house and saw a leather couch. That became my first goal… get her to the couch. I got my arm around her waist and was holding her shoulder as we entered. Maybe two or three steps in she sort of lunged forward and was able to break free of my hold on her shoulder. I wasn’t expecting it and sort of watched as she made about three or four steps forward before falling. I was right there and was about to bend down to ask if she was OK when she started crawling. I yelled at her to stop but she kept on crawling… right into the bathroom. It didn’t take long to know why. She managed to get to the side of the tub and then she started puking. I don’t know what kept her up and her head inside the tub but I knew I had to keep her there. Kneeling beside her to make sure she stayed in that position I knew I was in deep, deep trouble and it wasn’t getting any better.

There were so many thoughts running through my mind almost simultaneously that I couldn’t focus on just one. How do I get home? Do I dare take her car? If I do how do I explain it and then get it back to her. But the more immediate problem was what to do with Lynda? Do I just get her onto her bed and leave her like that? Do I get her out of her stained and wet clothes? And there were more… When her dry heaves subsided I was able to get her attention for a minute and asked her what she wanted me to do. Still kneeling beside the tub she looked at me and said she wanted me to stay with her because she was “all mixed up…” Hearing that I wanted to run… really. I remember responding with a sharp “NO!” and then told her she had to get up.
I helped her to a standing position and she started for the bedroom. She smelled like a sewer with vomit all down the front of her blouse. She still had on her coat but that appeared to be unscathed. Once we made it to the bedroom she lunged for the bed, barely making it. Now it was hard decision time… do I just leave her like that or make an attempt to clean her up and to make her somewhat comfortable. I didn’t like either choice.

I made a stab at asking another few questions all having to do with her condition. I knew she was wet because I’d heard and seen the puddle between her legs. I knew there would be no harm in leaving her that way but with her skirt and slip wet there was a chance of staining the comforter covering the bed. I knew enough about fabrics to know that it was an expensive one. With her lying there sort of on her side and her coat still on it was somewhat protected. So, I asked if she wanted to get into bed. Her answer was unintelligible so I made the decision for her and rolled her over on her back. I peeled back the coat from her shoulders and unbuttoned her blouse. She asked what I was doing and told her I was getting her ready to go to sleep. I heard but one word… “Good…”. The next step was in asking where her night clothes were and she pointed to the back of the door. I grabbed what appeared to be a flannel pajama top with buttons down the front and, after extracting her from both her coat and blouse slipped her arms in and pulled it up and over her shoulders.

If you saw the movie Animal House (and I’m sure 99% of you did!) you’ll remember the scene where the group went on a “Road Trip” and Otter (Tim Matheson) is alone with a girl and is torn between having sex with her or not. There was a ‘Devil’ on one shoulder and an ‘angel’ on the other with each stating their position on the situation. Well, in this case, with Lynda, that never came up… even after seeing her in just her bra. However the next step was a little more difficult. I guess from my experience with Elle’s incontinence my mind was geared for ‘protection’ and I immediately thought of bath towels to put down on the sheet and pillow. With her barely able to stay sitting I made a dash for the bathroom and grabbed the towels I saw. I took the hand towels and put them on her pillow thinking she may still have more to come up. With that done I stood in front of her and grabbing her wrists, pulled her to a standing position. With one hand steadying her I pulled down the comforter and sheets and made an attempt to spread the bath towel where I pictured she’d by laying. Then I went for the button on the waist band of her skirt and miraculously, got it undone in one try. Still unsteady, she asked what I was doing. As I pulled it and her slip down calmly told her I was almost ready for her to lie down and to go to sleep. I’m laughing as I type this because I heard her mumble “Thank you” as I did. I told her to sit, turn and lie down and that was exactly what she did. That was the first time I actually saw her panties as the pajama top covered her to her hips. But, in the few seconds I had I couldn’t get a ‘handle’ on them. In fact, later on, I couldn’t even remember what color they were.

By then I was a ‘wreck’. I had to decide how I was getting home and as I walked out of her bedroom I knew I had but two choices… and I didn’t like either of them. I was at the front door, which was still open, and looking at the Corvette. It certainly was tempting. However, reason took hold as I imagined Lynda waking up later, totally confused as to the happenings of the evening, getting up, looking outside and seeing it gone. Then, there was the possibility of her calling the police and reporting it stolen. NOT what I wanted to be a part of. I went back to make sure the keys were on the kitchen table and then went out the front door. That meant my only way home was to call Elle.

Standing in the street I thought back to seeing a tavern and tried to remember just where it was located. I remembered it was on a corner where we made a right hand turn. So, down the street I walked. I went past two other streets and at the third I looked to my right and could see the glow of colored lights. I headed in that direction and soon came upon “THE bar”. The clock on the wall said it was a little after 7pm. I would’ve bet it was at least nine. I got change for the pay phone (remember them?) and tried to summon the courage to call Elle. I aborted two attempts before staying on the line to hear her voice. Her first words were to ask if I was OK followed by “Where are you?”. When I told her the town I was in prompted the inevitable question… “Why?”

To be continued…

2 comments:

oldblue said...

OK call wife, best defense is strong I did it for a friend and nothing happened, hope springs eternal. Have the check book open.

Pantymaven said...

OB... sounds like you know the "drill"... :-)