Wednesday, July 18, 2018

ANOTHER YEAR... More adventures (Part 168d)

ANOTHER YEAR… More adventures (Part 168d)

When I first walked into the bar I ordered a gin and tonic. It was the first hard liquor I’d had in a long, long time… and I needed it. Next was to ask the barkeep the directions to get there from the town square. I knew Elle could find that but getting her from there to the place was going to be tough. (No GPS back in those days!) I estimated that to get from our house to where I was would take at least an hour and then be an hour back. We were supposed to host the second stop of the progressive dinner and I was sure we couldn't make it. I didn’t answer Elle’s question of “Why?” But, quite sternly, told her I’d explain later but to call the host of the first stop to tell her there was a change in plans and we couldn’t do it. There was silence on the phone. Then I told her to get a pencil and to write down the directions and to get on the way. As soon as I gave them to her I heard the phone go “click”.

I ended up ordering another gin and tonic while waiting for her. Even though I ’nursed’ both of them I could feel the effects. I sat at a table by the door so I could see every car that drove up. It was after 8:30pm when she arrived and I went out and got right in the passenger seat. She never looked at me before putting the station wagon in gear. We made it to the downtown area before I heard “Well?” Followed by “It better be good!” With the time I had from when I made my call until she showed up I’d come up with my story. I guess you could say it was a ‘fabrication’. However, it was somewhat based on fact.

Basically, I just changed Lynda for her boss, Stan. All the stuff that went down with Lynda going back to when I’d walked in at the party right through until I got to her house remained the same. I told her I’d been asked by Michael to see that Stan got home safely and I got no response from her. I had no idea weather she believed any of it at all. When we got to the town where the bank was located I had her leave me off so I could get my car. That was the first time she’d spoken in almost a half hour. “Why didn’t you just drive him in your car?” It took a few seconds for me wonder the same thing as it would’ve made things a lot simpler. I remember telling her that as fast as the way things were happening that I never gave it a thought… and that WAS the truth!

It was almost 10pm by the time we both made it home. The third stop on  the progressive party called for us to be at Nanci and Fritz’s house at 10pm for the main course. Elle said she didn’t want to go as she was so embarrassed by not being able to host our part of the party but I decided to call them to see what they suggested. It was an emphatic “Comeonover!” But when I told Elle she wouldn’t join me. I wasn’t sure what exactly she used as an excuse for begging off of our part but, as upset as she was I didn’t dare ask. From our house to their house was but 10 minutes, at the most. I was one of the first to arrive which worked out perfectly because it gave me time to find out from Nanci what Elle had told her. Hearing that the excuse was that I’d had “car trouble” gave me a little room to maneuver, but not a whole lot. Nanci wanted to know why Elle hadn’t come and I said the situation with me and the car had given her a migraine headache. It probably had, but I didn’t know that as fact. I kept to the ‘script’ as the others arrived, apologizing for putting a crimp in the evening schedule. No one, outwardly, seemed to mind and it was obvious that most of the others were well ‘lubricated’ as there was a lot of laughter as we sat down to eat. I only had one difficult question to answer and it was to ask why I hadn’t just called for a wrecker. I ‘dodged’ it saying that on New Years Eve they were geared for ‘“real problems” and not something like mine.

The last stop was at Phyl and Bob’s house and that was for dessert and to watch the ball drop at Times Square. They lived right next door to Sandy and Johnny and Phyl had tried to get them to be a part of the whole affair but they’d turned it down. Bob put some pressure on Johnny to at least come over and be neighborly. It was nice to see both of them again. I really felt sorry about how things had turned out for them over the past half year. Sandy was self conscious because she was dressed pretty casually while the rest of us had, at least earlier, been close to semi formal. But, the women had surrounded her and kept her busy and it looked to me like she was enjoying being around her old friends again. Being the only female there in pants I found myself checking her rear, looking for a VPL but wasn’t successful.

As midnight approached everyone had a cup with champagne to toast in the New Year. We had ended up in the finished basement and I don’t know why but everyone stood up as the ball started the downward path. I’d been on a bar stool over in a corner as I was the only one there without a mate. Standing up I saw Sandy getting up from a foot stool and, wanting to get it out of her way, bent over to move it and I got to see a ‘smile’. I was more than familiar with 'smiles' as I’d seen Elle with them on more than one occasion. It occurred when wearing a pair of plastic panties over whatever else she was wearing… a ‘package’ or multiple ‘dribble panties’ and was wet. The liquid would come out a bit around the leg elastics of the plastic panties. For me, after the night I’d just experienced, it was a pleasant experience to see it. From the way Sandy acted she was totally unaware of the ‘gift’ she was giving to me.

I didn’t hang around for long after the cheers of “Happy New Year!” quieted down. I knew Elle would be asleep and as I entered the kitchen checked to see if she’d left me a ‘cryptic’ note. None was found but I still hesitated about going up the stairs. I remember taking a deep breath before starting and then tip toeing to the top. I undressed and just let my clothes drop to the floor before climbing into bed. As I did I found Elle had squeezed herself to the edge on her side. That was a clear message if there ever was one. I lay there reliving the whole evening, going over each and every part because I knew I’d go through a ‘grilling’ in the morning. I have no recollection of how long I was awake but remember that when Elle got up for a bathroom visit I was still wide awake. It was during this period in time that I started thinking about New Years day and what it would bring. Another one of our ‘traditions’ (there’s that word again!) was that Elle’s parents would serve as hosts for a fresh ham dinner for the whole family. Thanksgiving with my parents: Christmas at our house and New Years day at Elle’s parents. If Elle wasn’t speaking with me it would be very evident to both sets of parents… and that would be another problem to overcome. In one way I didn’t want morning to come but, in another, I wanted to get it over with.

To be continued…


2 comments:

oldblue said...

Should have rolled over gave her a hug, I'm sorry I screwed up your dinner, but I love you for being you, I'll make it up to you and nothing like this will ever happen again as I will call you first for help. Dazzle them with the footwork.

Pantymaven said...

OB... I could've used you back then... but I was still young and stupid...