Monday, July 02, 2018

FINISHING THE YEAR... Odds &ends (Part 167w)

ENDING THE YEAR… Odds & ends (Part 167w)

All the presents were still in the station wagon as were Elle’s wet panties from earlier in the day. We waited until we were sure that all the girls were asleep before I went out to fetch them. I hadn’t come right out and asked Elle to get out of her clothes but I’d rather strongly hinted that it would be nice in that she ended up with some things she hadn’t expected to get. When I came through the kitchen door with the first load of presents I was greeted by Elle wearing a flannel pajama top (her usual in winter) and her light Summer robe. The pajama top came to about her hip bones so, through the sheer nylon material of her robe I could clearly see her panties. I made a try at grabbing a ‘feel’ but she darted away, playing a bit ‘coy’ with me. It took three trips to bring everything in the house and by the time I finished she’d laid most of it out in the den. As I took the last things from the shopping bag she walked by me and I stopped her this time and got a good feel. The panties had a really nice satiny feel to them and I couldn’t wait for her to ‘christen’ them for me. However, she being an ardent follower of my grandfather’s preaching of “first things first” told me I’d have to wait while we sorted the kids presents. I debated for a few seconds before deciding to let her ‘win’… for the moment. I didn’t know it at that time but she was due for bathroom visit and as soon as I saw where she was heading I was there.

It was a compromise… she pulled her panties (both) down and used the toilet but, knowing full well that she always dribbled afterwards, I got her to quickly stand and pull the panties up. It was a ‘good’ dribble, wetting the whole crotch. The feel of the material when wet was ’stimulating’. I didn’t want to stop there but she pushed me away and we headed back to the presents. Elle never sat down and as she moved about I was able to get a few ‘feels’. By then I had high hopes for the bedroom but Elle broke that bubble saying there was “no way’, what with a guest in the house and the bedroom door open. But, there was one more option. With Elle having been wet a number of times during the day she’d made the comment that she was definitely taking a shower before she went to bed. I held that thought in the back of my mind and after I’d trucked all the presents to the basement I returned and found her running the water in the shower. Without going into details I think I can safely say we both enjoyed the next few minutes.

Saturday was ‘tree picking day’ when we chose our live Christmas tree. My father had a friend who owned a small nursery. For his best clients he would make a late trip up to New Hampshire to get a few dozen freshly cut trees. I was among the lucky ones to benefit. Our family tradition was to set the tree up on Christmas Eve and then Santa would come and decorate it when he brought the presents. Even though the older two were eight and nine, they still believed in Santa so this whole process was exciting for them. We delivered Ginger’s daughter and picked up Anne and were on our way. Because of the special nature of the trees they were expensive so one of Elle’s and my presents from my parents was the tree. Normally, having a holiday in the middle of the week would made things difficult at work. But I had arranged to take both Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas off so I really didn’t have to worry about it knowing all I had to worry about was but one day, Monday.

Being ‘blindsided’ is never pleasant. There is no way to prepare for it. When I walked into the bank on Monday morning I found an envelope on my chair. There was nothing written on it that would give any hint as to who put it there. I arrived just before the doors opened for the day and didn’t see anyone on or near the platform… no Joanie, Trish or Bret… which I found a bit strange. I was still standing when I opened it and read, “I’m resigning effective at 5pm, Friday December 27, 1968." It was signed “Sandra W”, her legal, given name and not "Woody". I know I stood there with my mouth open for a few seconds before looking back at the drive-up area. I didn’t see her so headed in that direction. On my way there I ran into Trish and showed her the note. You could almost hear the ssnap of her neck as she turned to look at the drive-up area. We chatted for a few seconds before going to see Laurie. Neither of us had heard any ‘rumblings’ of discontent and had not heard anything negative about her work from Laurie. The three of us retreated upstairs to the Board room for privacy to discuss the situation. We were not a happy group.

This was one of the strangest resignations I was a party to in my thirty plus years in the business world. We agreed that Laurie would speak to her first as she interacted with her every day. I’ve previously written that Woody had never gotten ‘close’ to any of the employees so there really wasn’t anybody to ask to get some insight. After coffee break time Laurie stopped by to say that Woody didn’t want to talk about it only asking if she’d get paid for Christmas Day. Next, it was my turn… and I dreaded it. By then I was wondering if the panties I’d sold/given to her had anything to do with it. She was just like a ‘clam’, tight lipped and very much ill at ease. Of course I asked if she had another job and all I got was a negative head shake. It was plain for me to see she wanted to get away from my desk as soon as possible. When I excused her she did turn back to say I’d have all my money back on Friday before she left for the day. That was a bit of a shock in that I’d not thought of the ‘loan’ I’d made to her, at all.

Here the bank was just about to go into the ‘busy period’ and we were going to be one teller short. In a perverse thought, I wondered what I’d done to deserve this right at Christmas. I didn’t have to tell Trish to get out the applications file. She walked up to my desk with three that she’d pulled out. I glanced at the folder and asked if it was worth my time to look through them. She didn’t answer with a definitive yes or no but did say there was one with teller experience. She handed the folder to me and put the one with experience right on top. A quick glance didn’t ‘light a fire” so told her I’d give them a close look after lunch. Since I wasn’t going to be in to work the next day I wanted to get over to the stock broker’s office to wish them all a Merry Christmas and didn’t want to miss any of them so left at 11:30am. On my way I couldn’t stop thinking about Woody’s resignation and when I walked in my mind was preoccupied with it. It only took a second or two to make me forget about it though. Lynda had on a  mini skirt that was so short there was no way not to see that little white triangle when she turned towards me. When she saw it was me I swear she spread her knees on purpose… following it up with “Merry Christmas!”... and a huge smile.

To be continued…

No comments: