Monday, June 03, 2019

INTO THE SUMMER... a busy time (Part 173r)

INTO THE SUMMER… a busy time (Part 173r)

Life is full of surprises and I had one when I got home. Elle informed me that Junior (from next door) wouldn’t be going to the picnic with us. His taking his mother back to the city hadn’t gone over all that well and he was stuck trying to mediate the situation with his parents. In a way it was sort of a blessing as now I wouldn’t be saddled with keeping a conversation going with him at the picnic and I’d have some free time to roam around to see what I could see. I told Elle that she should ride with one of the women in case the cars got separated on the way as Elle knew how to get to the back gate at the grounds. Another one was that Elle had agreed to watch over Dick and Ra’s (race car) two girls the next morning. They were basically the same age as our older girls and had played with our kids but mostly during Summer vacation from school. The older of the two, Dee, had been diagnosed as “slow” and had been left back a year and was now in Anne’s class along with her sister. She was a really nice girl but because of her disability she had to be treated with ‘kid gloves’. My comment had been she was “slow on the uptake”. She was also painfully shy. In the two Summers where she’d interacted with our girls it had seemed to Elle that she’d get so engrossed in what they were all doing that she’d forget to use the toilet. Then, embarrassed, she wouldn’t say anything… to anybody… which, when inside the house was a real problem. So, that’s when it became ‘outside only’ when she came to visit. I went over the situation with Elle and she assured me she had it under control.

I was showered, dressed and ready to leave for work when I saw Ra and her two girls walking up the path to the kitchen door. I heard her say for them to wait out on the patio for Jean and Anne to join them. I had no idea when they’d be coming but it was obvious that Elle didn’t either as she was still upstairs… or so I thought. All of a sudden I heard her ask who I was talking to. When I answered “Ra” she responded with a call upstairs to our girls to come down ASAP. I could hear her retreat up the stairs which left me to go out and greet Ra. It appeared that she hadn’t heard Elle because she, very calmly, said to tell her she’d be back to pick them up at 1pm. I don’t think I said anything and then watched her walk down the path to her car. I turned to say something to her kids but heard Ra call out to me and then saw her jogging back up the path towards me. She had something in one of her hands and when she got to me just said that Elle would know what to do with it.

I could feel it was a soft cloth. I waited until Ra was backing down the driveway before I focused on what I had in my hand. There was no mistaking that it was a couple of folded cotton panties. I had enough senses not to inspect them in front of her kids so told them that Anne and Jean would be there in just a minute. Anne bounded past me just as I walked through the door with Jean right behind her. I stopped to listen to their conversation which seemed to be all one sided and coming from Anne. That made me smile because I’d seen a ‘take charge” attitude from her since she was about 5 years old. I called up to Elle who said she’d be down in less than five minutes which translated into giving me enough time to take a look at what I was holding in my hand.

As I’ve previously written, Ra was about 5’10” tall and Dick, her husband was around 6’1”. Their height seemed to have manifested itself into Dee. She and Jean were born just days apart but Dee was a whole head taller. Based upon her height at ten years of age it was my estimation she would end up being taller than six feet. Ra was almost painfully thin… not anorexic (not that I’d even heard that term at that point in my life) but there was a lot more to Dee than her mother. I took the panties and ducked into the bathroom and opened up a pair. There was no label but looking closely at them knew they were almost the size that Elle wore. I wished that we’d started on another pair of the enlarged crotch sanitary like panties so I could quickly compare them. However, that wasn’t the only thing. Like I said they were very soft, almost fluffy. The waist elastic was sewn into the cotton material so there was no visible elastic. I was somewhat reminded of the heavy cotton panties that the twin girls I’d raced against when I was a teen had worn. But there was a major difference in that there wasn’t a defined, double layered crotch between the leg openings. The double layer of material went from the waist in the front all the way between the leg openings and back to the waist band in the back. They had no elastic for the leg openings but were band leg like the heavy cotton panties Elle wore at night. It was easily five if not more inches wide. To me they didn’t look like home made as they were finely finished off. I was truly intrigued. Luckily, I heard Elle start down the stairs and was able to get the pair I’d been looking at folded to look somewhat like the second pair. I managed to get back into the kitchen before she appeared and put the panties on the counter. It was now later than I’d wanted to leave but stayed to give Elle a kiss and to point to the panties. To me, it appeared that she knew exactly what they were there for. I made a mental note to talk to her about them after I got home from the parking lot duties.

It was an easy day at work. Since Bret was working late and it had been a slow day I took off a little early. I hadn’t been keeping up with my investments and wanted to stop and see Stan, my broker. I won’t try and kid you, I was also looking forward to seeing Lynda. When I walked in I wasn’t expecting to see her in shorts. She, like me, had decided to leave early. She was headed for a party at an ocean front resort located in the same town where she lived. Lynda looked good in just about anything she wore. It was the first time I’d seen her, in person, in shorts. I’d seen pictures of her, in shorts, but seeing her moving around in the was stunning. She seemed glad to see me but apologized for having to leave right away. There wasn’t much I could say but “Have fun!”. Stan was on the phone so I just stood there watching as Lynda gathered up her things. It was only for a few seconds but I was rewarded for stopping by when she bent over to pick up a package on the floor. There was no doubt she had on bikinis as her backside showed all the elastics… leg and waist… but the best part was getting just a glimpse of them peeking out from the leg openings of the shorts. I wrote in my Day Timer ‘pale blue’ but with a question mark. As she walked out the door I remember thinking I had to find time to get over to the office more often during the remainder of the Summer. I did get to chat with Stan and set a date for the following Tuesday to go over my holdings. He took the time to pull out a few Standard and Poors research materials for me to peruse before then. I still had about $3,000 from the sale of the oil stock. I’d spent the profits, mostly on the race car, but had vowed not to spend the principal but with the busy period hadn’t taken the time to do the necessary reading and now I had the time. But at that moment it was time to get to the picnic grounds.

To be continued…

No comments: