Saturday, February 24, 2007

WINTER... At home for Christmas (Part 19f)

Fred was waiting for me when I got to his house. We stayed up until it was almost light outside, talking about our first college experiences. I envied Fred as Liz, his girlfriend, was attending college in the same town as his school and they could see each other daily if they so wanted. We slept until almost 11am. We then picked up Liz and went to a restaurant for lunch. When we pulled in I couldn't believe my eyes. It was owned and run by the Aunt of a former classmate of mine when I attended school in the city. I'd even been there to celebrate one of his birthdays. Before I knew it it was time to go pick up Elle. Fred had to give me general directions to Nancy's and I managed to get lost. When I finally got there I was late.

Once on our way Elle asked if I had any money. I don't think she'd ever asked me that before. I hadn't been paid for my work at the gas station so my father had given me an advance as well as some money for helping my mother the day before. I told her I had $20 and asked her why she wanted to know. She explained that she and Nancy had gone shopping that morning and that she'd seen something that she wanted. She hadn't brought any money and felt funny asking Nancy. I didn't know my way around the area so asked if she remembered where the store was. If I'd waited a few more minutes we would've driven past it on our own.

The area was known as "Miracle Mile" as almost all the stores were smaller versions of the department stores located in the city. When she saw the sign "Bloomingdale's" she told me to pull in there. I followed her into the store and she knew exactly where she was going. There was a hanging sign that read "Notions" and almost immediately after passing under it I knew exactly where we were headed. There was a beige display case with maroon script letters that read "Kleinert's". That was the name I'd seen when the two of us had been shopping back at home at Thanksgiving looking for the panties with the plastic crotch. Even though all I'd seen was a few boxes in a wooden drawer at the local department store I still recognized the name. This display was amazing. As I remember it there were five or so horozontal rows, stepped, of individual boxes. Every product made by Kleinert's was there. There were pictures right on the front so there was no doubt what was inside. Elle went right to the boxes marked "Sanitary Panty". She opened a box and, after looking around to see if anyone was nearby, pulled the panty out. She was smiling as it was the exact same thing that she'd seen Susan, her roommate at Fall party at my college, wearing. I tried to get a good look at it but she was self conscious about having it out of the box so I really didn't see much. She proceeded to look through the boxes to find her size (small) as I scanned the rest of the boxes. I saw one that interested me and pulled it out. The description read "Sanitary Bloomer" just like the one we'd seen at Thanksgiving. There was one major difference. These looked like panties as they didn't go down into the thigh area. I showed the box to Elle and asked if she'd be interested in them. As I remember it, she kind of turned up her nose at them. Not wanting to discuss this in a public place I just shut up. But I also didn't put the box back. Elle had found two boxes of the small size and was ready to go. I went to the counter to pay as she started looking at some other things. That allowed me to add the "bloomers" (which weren't) to the purchase . I remember the total cost was way less than $10. Once in the car I asked if she was going to "model" them for me. I remember her giving me one of "those" looks and smiling. She reached into the bag and, after fumbling around for a few seconds, pulled out all three boxes. This time the "look" was a frown and I knew I had some explaining to do.

By then we were on one of the Parkways so, without stop signs and lights, I was able to focus on Elle and the conversation. She had taken the "bloomers" out of the box and had them in her lap. To me it made perfect sense for her to wear them over her "package" at night and to lessen and possibly eliminate having a wet bed if she didn't wake in time to use a toilet. But she was looking at it purely from the esthetic viewpoint. They weren't pretty, for sure. Because they were cold the plastic was stiff and she just couldn't see herself wearing them. I didn't want to argue so I focused on the "sanitary panties" and, again, asked her to model them. Again, she smiled but shook her head. After pleading with her she said she'd put a pair on "later".

Because we got home late I stopped at my house first. I was fully expecting to get "an earfull" from my father but, instead, we were greeted with an invitation to Elle to join us for dinner. As it turned out (happily) Elle's parents had been invited out to a New Years Eve party and, upon hearing about it, my mother offered to have Elle eat with us. Elle and I were shocked that her parents were actually going out. It wasn't that they were anti-social but, they just weren't comfortable in a social setting away from their own home. My thoughts were immediately X-rated. My parents always went out to celebrate New Years Eve and this new development gave us a place to go. My home was out of play because my brother would be there so this was perfect... or so I thought.

To be continued...

No comments: