Monday, February 05, 2007

LIFE AT COLLEGE... On into the fall (Part 18j)

There were two back porches at my grandparents house. In the fall and early winter one acted like a refrigerator housing vegetables and other things that needed to be kept cool. I took a chance that no one would go out there the next moning so stashed my wet coat there for the night. It worked and the next moning, when leaving for Elle's, I bundled up in a sweater and just grabbed the coat and threw it over my arm. I got to Elle's house only to find a car blocking the driveway. I had to drive past and turn around. By doing that I saw wash on the line. I slowed and took it all in. There were sheets, a bed pad and the skirt and slip Elle had worn the previous night. More important to me were the panties also hanging there. When I got inside I was introduced to Nan's aunt. She'd been away when Nan left for school and wanted to see her so drove out from the city. Elle hadn't yet come down so I waited on the porch. When she did, and was able to escape from Nan and her aunt, she came and sat down beside me. She had a bit of a frown on her face and, even before I had a chance to try and give her a peck on the cheek, she asked if I could take her shopping. My internal reation was "What's this? She NEVER goes shopping!" Whispering, she explained that she'd "missed" during the night and it was a reminder that she really needed more heavy cotton panties than the four that Carol had loaned her. THAT was real progress, as far as I was concerned. Here, she'd actually mentioned panties to me without me cajoling her to do so. I was excited! There was something else as well. She wanted to see if she couldn't find the same kind of panties that she'd been exposed to at my college's Fall house party when rooming with Susan. It was OK by me, for sure!

Even though we were going to be shopping right down the street from my grandparents house I elected not to stop there. (Long story.) I felt that the best place to start was at the one department store in town. When we walked through the door I steered her right to the lingerie department. I hadn't given any thought to the fact that she might find that kind of strange. However, she didn't say anything. An older lady came to wait on us and Elle, shy as ever, had to refer to a piece of paper to be able to ask for what she was looking for. Carol's heavy cotton panties had a label that read "Carol Brent" and, after asking, was told the store didn't carry that brand. She then hesitated and turned as if to go. I grabbed her arm and reminded her of the other thing she was looking for. I could see she was very uncomfortable. Finally she was able to stammer out the brand, "Kleinert's". The lady motioned for us to follow her across the aisle where she pulled a drawer out from under the counter. She rummaged through it finally pulling out a box that showed the contents as being bloomers. This definitely was not what Elle was looking for and, very nervous, thanked the lady and turned to leave.

Out in the street once again she said she better find a toilet. The town diner was almost directly across the street so we went there. I ordered us some hot chocolate just to allow her time to relax. I suggested that we go down to the ladies clothing store at the end of the street and, once again, were told that Carol Brent" was a brand foreign to them. Elle was clearly getting frustrated and didn't even ask about the other panties. Outside, I asked if the panties had to be the exact same as Carol's. She explained that she really wanted to replace the ones Carol had loaned her with new ones. I then asked if, for her own use, any other brand would do and managed to bring up the pair of Carter's that I'd given her a while back. She gave me a sort of smile back and admitted she was actually wearing them right then and there. That brought a "rise" to a certain part of my anatomy. One of the reasons I'd suggested that we go to the store at the end of the street was that we had to walk past the store that I'd discovered carried the Carter's products. Since it was basically known as "The Little Hat Shop" the window displays were ladies hats. But, the other name for the store was "The Rose Shop" and that was the part that sold infants and childrens clothing. For some reason, those items weren't displayed in the window but, there was a small sign showing the Carter's logo. As we walked past I pointed to it and stopped, suggesting that we go in. Seeing all the hats she thought I was crazy but I started in without her. She followed and we were greeted by a short heavyset woman whose face reminded me of a bulldog. I had to nudge Elle into speaking and, not quite sure what to ask for, she finally stammed out that she was looking for some cotton panties. The lady asked what size and Elle, caught by surprise, answered "Size 5, I think.". The lady, not even batting an eye, asked who they were for. I could visably see Elle's face turning crimson. When Elle indicated that they were for her the lady reached for a drawer behind the counter. As she did I could see the number 16 on the front on the front. When she put it on the counter there were all these individual packages inside. She pulled out about 4 or 5 and spread them out on the counter. I could see a pre-printed price on them... 69 cents. She then asked how many and then Elle turned to me. I didn't know what to say but, for some unknown reason I said "ten". Efficiently, the lady counted out ten, put them in a paper bag and asked for six dollars and ninty cents. (No tax in those days.)

Outside, Elle said she was ready to go home. I asked about looking for the other panties and she just shook her head no. I wondered if Nan and her aunt would be there and was pleasantly surprised when we got there to find we were alone. Elle's mother was at work but it was obvious that she'd come home for lunch as there were sandwiches on the table waiting for us. The question was where were Nan and her aunt. All the way back I'd been sort of daydreaming that maybe I could get Elle to model her new panties for me, somewhat the way MJ had done for me at our "goodbye". I think we were both apprehensive about Nan and her aunts' whereabouts. I didn't want to "push" Elle to do something that she didn't want to do and yet, I got the feeling that she wanted to do "something". After we cleaned up the table I took her in my arms and got a very "willing" kiss in return. As usual, my hands went right to her behind and, as usual, I looked for the feel of the leg openings of her panties. As I did this I also felt a bulge. Not wanting to take a chance on not being able to find a toilet while shopping, she'd worn a pad. That was why she had the Carter's panty on when I'd asked about it. I slid one hand to her front and was pressing on the pad. She pushed away and, with a sly smile on her face, turned and headed for the downstairs bathroom. She was back quickly but the first thing I noticed was that she hadn't zipped the front of her jeans. I could see a nice white "vee" from her waist to her crotch. My hand went between her legs in less than a second. There was no doubt that it was "exciting" and was even moreso when I felt a little dampness. Fortunately, the driveway had a built in "alarm". The drive was made of small stones and as soon as a car rolled onto them it made an unmistakable sound. Elle was able to put herself together by the time Nan and her aunt walked in. I wasn't happy but it was better than nothing.

I was told that I had to eat dinner with my family as it was my last night home before returning to school. Not that Elle and I had anything planned but it was an unwanted interruption. Since Elle and I'd supposedly been to the movies the night before we didn't really have any place to go that night, especially with Nan there. We ended up playing board games at the dining room table. Janie, the girl from up the road, also joined us. I'd hoped that Elle's parents would go to bed early so that we'd have some "private time". The thing was that since TV was relatively new to them they stayed and watched until 11:30pm. Then they pretty much told Elle to go to bed since she'd have to be up at 5am to catch the train back to school. There was nothing I could say. I did get one "real" kiss but not much else. All I could do was to look forward to the next time I'd see Elle. It was a very lame ending to a vacation that I'd hoped to be a memorable one and wasn't.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Turned out to be a memorable vacation after all! It's funny, sometimes not getting what we want can be a good thing, all that anticipation feeding the flames.