Monday, July 30, 2007

INTO THE "HEAT" OF SUMMER... (Part 25g)

Elle did go back to work on Wednesday but Tony was still out. I tried to persuade Elle to go to the races that night but she said she was really tired. I, again, helped Cliffy in the pits. I can’t say I was surprised to see Marissa with his sister Julie after the races were over. What did surprise me was how they acted. Maybe it was because Elle wouldn’t allow me to be overly affectionate in public but knowing that Cliffy hadn’t known she even existed until the previous weekend their actions were a bit of a shock. When we stopped for soft ice cream on the way home I saw Cliffy holding Marissa tight to his body by holding on to her butt cheeks. I tried to think back to how long Elle and I had been going together before we ever did that but couldn’t. All I knew was that it was a fairly long time. In a way I was jealous.

I think it was Friday when Elle and her mother met with Carol’s parents. I was still struggling by myself at work so that was my primary focus. Elle was back working but going to bed early so my time with her was limited. In writing this I’m shaking my head in that we actually saw more of each other in an intimate way while at college. Here she was, right across the street and I could hardly get to see her. In any case, I’d asked her to call me with the information on how the meeting went. When I hadn’t heard from her by late afternoon I called her. I could tell from the sound of her voice that something was wrong. Long story short... The meeting went well including the expenses side of the discussion. But the proceedure did require a stay in the hospital. That was her hangup. The recovery time was fairly quick but after it was decided to go ahead with it, they decided to do it the week before Elle headed back to school. That way she could work full time right up through Labor Day. Her hours were going to be cut anyway as soon as Labor Day passed. That whole scenario seemed OK with me as well. But I knew my job was now to get Elle prepared and to help her overcome whatever fear it was she had of the hospital.

Sunday night was the first ”normal“ night for both Elle and I in quite a while. We ended up going to the movies and afterwards went to the ”Point“ afterwards. I’ve told about going there in a previous post. It wasn’t one of our favorite places but the heat and humidity made any place not right on the bay miserable and the "Point" usually provided a breeze . After leaving the car we walked about a quarter mile and put down a beach towel. Most of the people who went to the ”Point” would actually walk the mile it took to get to the actual point of land. It was hard to walk in the sand so they would walk up along the dunes or along the water’s edge. Nobody walked down the middle so that’s the spot I chose. I was ready to go swimming I was so hot. I got daring and stripped down to just my underpants hoping Elle would take the hint but she didn’t. I did get her to take off her skirt and to unbutton her blouse but she kept the skirt sort of wrapped around her in a way that I couldn’t really see anything. I know I walked down to the water and waded in up to my knees. When I got back to Elle I sat down next to her. I’ll admit that I was still, selfishly, thinking about what it would be like when Elle didn’t have to worry about “accidents” as much. I loved touching her in wet panties and had even convinced her that my “playing” with her “privates” was enhanced when she was moist down there. I was hung up on the potential that she’d no longer be willing to do that once the procedure took place. As important as it was to me I just couldn’t bring myself to broach the subject with her. Hence, it was pretty quiet as we sat there in the darkness. Thankfully, there was a slight breeze which made the heat somewhat tolerable.

It was Elle who broke the silence by saying she was tired and that we should head for home. I’m almost positive that she didn’t pee while we were there. If she did she did it without moving. But, once home we took a quick walk out to the front of my house to look at the water again. By then there was no air moving at all. While standing there, hand in hand, she suddenly made a “dip” and crossed her legs. I knew immediately what that was all about. Within seconds she spread her legs and I could hear the sound of liquid on liquid. She never let go of my hand and for about 10 seconds or so I listened to the muffled sound of splashing. Finally she took a giant step forward, dragging me with her. The first thing she said was “Sorry”. Without thinking, I responded by say something along the lines of “In another month that won’t happen” and then added “that should make you happy”. As soon as I said it I wanted to kick myself.

To be continued...

No comments: