Monday, January 28, 2008

DECEMBER... (Part 30a)

December at school, for the most part, is lost somewhere in my memory bank. I do know my ulcer improved and I began to gain some weight back and I also remember my grades starting to improve. I’m sure I got over to see Elle at least once but I can recall none of the details. The only thing I remember clearly is running into Mrs T. (she and her husband let me store my car at their farm back in the early Fall) and being invited to dinner the weekend before going home for Christmas. At first I declined but once I got thinking about their daughter, Joanne, I figured, “why not?”. I made the mistake of telling my mother and she insisted that I bring a gift. Nineteen year olds are not very good at that sort of thing so she offered to find something appropriate and to mail it to me. At the same time she sent a gift for Mrs.B., the lady who had been feeding me because of the ulcer.

Mrs T. arranged to pick me up the night of the dinner. I remember that it had snowed all day because John and I had shoveled off the front porch roof of the house where we were living. Because snow was something that the people who lived in the area were used to it didn’t seem to be a problem for them. I remember when we drove in the yard and. being somewhat amazed at the huge piles of snow. Being on a farm they had a tractor with a bucket loader and instead of just pushing it aside they would end up making piles of snow. Once inside the house the wonderful smell of home cooking permeated the air. Not taking anything away from Mrs. B., but this was special. The dining room table had a table cloth and places were set with silverware. It reminded me of Thanksgiving.

I was glad Joanne was busy in the kitchen when I gave Mrs T. the present. I’d done some embarrassing things in my life up to that time but I truly wanted to disappear after she opened it. I brought the wrong one. I’d brought the one for Mrs. B and it was a peignoir set. (She and my mother were close friends) Not exactly a proper gift for a teen age boy to be giving a lady he hardly knew. If I’d walked out of a sauna I wouldn’t have been any hotter than I was right then and there. I had no place to hide and Mrs T. was almost as embarrassed as me. Somehow I managed to explain before Mr T. came in or Joanne got to see it. It was not a good start to our evening.

Dinner was delicious. Like I said, it was almost like a Thanksgiving dinner only we had chicken... one of their own. I hadn’t told Mrs T. about my ulcer but everything we had to eat was on my allowed diet. I would’ve eaten it anyway, just to be polite. Joanne had been almost as shy as when I first met her in the Fall but she soon warmed up to me. We sat at the table for a while and had a pleasant conversation, mostly Mr. T talking about the plight of the farmer. It’s kind of ironic in thinking back on it now as some things never change. In any case he got up to go move some more snow. I asked if there was something I could do to help and was told “no”. Before he ever got to the door the phone rang. It was one of Mrs. T’s relatives who worked for the county highway department as a dispatcher for the snow plows. He called to say that it’d be a while until they could plow the road that went past their house as all his equipment was being diverted to keep the state highway open. Mrs. T explained to me that when the snow was really bad he’ d usually send a plow down their road an extra time or two but he couldn’t and that he told her not to go out as the drifts were really bad. I sat there listening to that wondering what I was supposed to do. I guess Mrs. T. saw the concern on my face because she almost immediately said there were two extra beds for me what with their other two daughters away at college. My concern quickly changed to a hidden glee as I realized that I’d get to peek in at least one of their dressers. There was a family picture portrait in the hall and I’d noticed it in past visits. All three of the girls were pretty so it didn’t really matter which room I got. From that point on I almost couldn’t wait to go to bed.

I figured I better call the fraternity and leave a message for my roommate. The phone was in the hall and that gave me another opportunity to look at the picture. While I was calling Joanne decided to go upstairs. My eyes followed her up the stairs and even though the lighting wasn’t the greatest I did get a peek at her panties. I wanted to put the phone down right then and there and get upstairs to whichever room it was that I was going to sleep in but I had to wait for someone to pick up the phone back at the house. Our college was known as a “suitcase” college in that on weekends, most guys would take off for one of the co-ed or girls colleges which meant there weren’t many people around. By the time I left the message Mrs. T was ready to show me which room I’d be in. She gave me the room right by the bathroom so if I needed it during the night I wouldn’t have a problem. It turned out to be a good choice for two reasons, one of which I hadn’t given any thought to. The bathroom door was closed when we got there. Mrs. T left me with a towel and washcloth and headed back down the hall to her room which was right by the top of the stairs. I decided to just stand just inside the door and wait for whoever it was that was in the bathroom. I only waited for a few seconds when Joanne walked out... with just a towel across her front. I don’t think she saw me but I sure saw her and her nice round butt cheeks. I would’ve liked it even more if she’d had on panties but it was still a thrill.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. The joys of being given some young girl's bedroom for the night, complete with drawers of stray panties.

Brings back many happy memories.

ross