Friday, February 01, 2008

DECEMBER... (Part 30b)

I actually waited until I didn’t hear any sounds at all and, after stepping out in the hall to check for lights, before I did my “peeking“. As with every time I’d done this before, my heart was racing. It took two drawers for me to find what I was looking for. I pretty much knew that the chances were fairly slim about finding any really nice panties as they were probably with the daughter at college and I was right. But I did find some nice ones that must’ve been too small and that she’d outgrown. The labels were pretty faded but I remember seeing a couple that read ”Globe“ which was a new one for me. The size, for the ones I could read, was 5 which was the same size as Elle. When I’d looked at the picture all three girls looked about the same size and Joanne and Elle were very close to being ”twins“. I was a little puzzled but still happy to find what I’d seen. I was smart enough to take the hand towel and lay it on the bed under my midsection when I finally climbed into bed. It was needed.

I woke up , still in the dark, to the sound of a tractor. I got up and peeked out the window. The room faced towards the road and I could see the tractor with it’s lights on carrying a bucket load of snow from the driveway entrance. I figured that the road had been plowed and that in so doing it had been blocked. I couldn’t read my watch and had no reason to get up while it was still dark so climbed back into bed. The next thing I knew it was almost daylight out. I got up, washed my face, dressed and went downstairs. The lights were on in the kitchen but no one was there. The smell of fresh coffee, which I loved, filled the room. But coffee was something my ulcer couldn’t handle so I went to the window and peered outside. I could see lights in the milking barn and that explained why no one was around. I knew that Joanne hated working with the cows but had no choice. The T’s had one hired hand but Mrs T. and Joanne were also needed at milking time. As I stood there it dawned on me that, with no one in the house, I could go back upstairs and possibly get a peek at Joanne’s panty drawer. I’m sure I took the steps two at a time. Her room was at the top of the stairs and just to the left. The door was mostly open and I could see her bed as I reached the top step. I’m sure I took a deep breath as I stepped inside. It still wasn’t all that light out and I knew I didn’t dare turn on a light but I was determined to at least get an idea of what panties she wore. She had both a chest of drawers as well as a bureau. The chest was right inside the door and, thinking that if I heard someone downstairs I could close the drawer and step out into the hall as if I was on my way downstairs. It took two drawers to find ”paydirt“. Even with the poor light I knew I was in the right place. As neat as the drawer was that I’d peeked into in the room where I’d slept, this one was a holy mess. Socks, bras, panties and I’m not sure what were all just stuffed in it. It solved one problem... there was no way that anyone would’ve known some stranger had been in it. I pulled a few pair out of the mish mash. The two pair I had in my hand were either nylon or rayon. I found the label in one but there wasn’t enough light to read it. I decided to put one in my pocket and go into the bathroom where I could safely turn on the light and see what it said. I was closing the drawer when I heard voices from downstairs. The sound took my breath away and I almost jumped out into the hallway. I quickly decided to skip the trip to the bathroom and headed down the stairs.

If I’d scripted the scene I saw in front of me as I approached the kitchen it couldn’t have been better. I walked into the room and I saw Joanne wearing just a coat that reached her hips... and her panties... and pulling on a pair of jeans. I immediately remembered that on one of my first trips to the farm I had been by my car and seen her take off her coveralls on the porch and then watched her walk into the house with just her top and panties on. It had taken my breath away. I really didn’t get to appreciate what I stood there looking at as I was so shocked. At the same time Mrs T. was in the process of pulling her skirt down and pressing the wrinkles out of it. Unfortunately, I didn’t see anything but a bit of her upper thigh.

Explanation: Working with cows is a messy, smelly job at best. Mrs T. had a rule that under no conditions were the boots nor the coveralls that were worn in the barn to come in the house. In the Spring, Summer and fall they were left out on the porch. For winter, Mr T. built a temporary structure right in front of the kitchen door so when the ”strip“ took place it wasn’t out in the wind (and snow). Later on it came to me that Joanne didn’t like wearing her good jeans under the smelly coveralls and also didn’t like the idea of ”stripping” out in the cold and then putting on jeans that had been hanging out in the cold either. So, she’d leave her jeans in the house and would put them on, all nice and warm, inside the house. When Mrs T. had to go out there she would just roll her skirt up around her waist when she put her coveralls on and then roll it back down when she took them off. It took me a while to figure it out though.

I know Mrs. T. saw me looking at Joanne as she pulled her jeans up but didn’t say anything. She didn’t have to as I felt truly embarrassed... again. She used my being there as an excuse to mix up a batch of pancake batter for breakfast. I’d gotten used to not eating much in the morning except a glass of milk and a few slices of toast but I didn’t know how to say “no”. By the time I was done I was truly stuffed. Just about that time Mr T. came in to say that the road to town was clear. He’d driven the tractor down past the place that always had bad snow drifts and it was now OK. By then I was hoping I’d be stuck there a little longer so was disappointed with that bit of news.

During breakfast I’d had a good conversation with Joanne and felt that her self confidence was up substantially since I first met her. It’s hard to explain because I truly loved Elle but I did have an “interest” in Joanne. I felt sorry for her because she was so isolated out at the farm with no friends or outside contacts. It was none of my business so I didn’t say anything to her parents about it. I found myself thinking about her a lot during the Christmas break from school.

I had honestly forgotten about the panties in my pocket until later that day after Mrs T. had returned me to town. I had asked her to let me go to Mrs. B’s so I could get her her“real” present but she said she had things to do and that she’d get it the next time she saw me. That was a good sign as it indicated to me that I’d get to see Joanne again in the not too distant future. When I finally got a good look at them I found the label was so washed out that I couldn’t read anything on it. But, when I laid them out on my bed I was surprised at how wide the crotch was between the leg elastics. The crotch wasn’t anywhere near as long from front to back as the ones Carol (my friend Buddy’s girlfriend) wore. They ended up being the first of my “college” stash.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Rayon panties! How long has it been since they made those soft sweethearts? Sneaking around you even got my heart rate up. I doubt that I would even have been able to talk after all that and the kitchen scene too. You were treading on dangerous ground.

badside said...

Sounds like you had an amazing day! Either of those events alone would have been memory worthy, but two at almost once is incredible!