Thursday, February 07, 2008

DECEMBER... Home for the Holidays (Part 30d)

Elle’s parents had decided that they didn’t want her to get a car ride home and sent her money to take the train. She didn’t want to because it meant losing a day of her vacation. The only train left early in the morning and she had a class that she couldn’t afford to miss so she had to wait until the next day. The trip took up most of the day and she was due to arrive at our town on the 6:40 pm train. By the time I got home and ate it was time to go pick her up. I was so glad to see her. Like I mentioned earlier, I know I got to see her one weekend since the Thanksgiving break but it seemed like forever since I'd seen her. She was equally as glad to see me but was totally worn out from the trip and the fact that hadn’t really had anything substantial to eat all day. Her mother had a meal ready for her and I sat and talked with her while she ate. I guess it was because we were both tired but we never got up from the table when she was finished. I remember her father laughing. He was standing in the doorway from the front room. I had put my head on my arms and fallen asleep. So had Elle. It was sort of embarrassing. Elle’s mother suggested that Elle go to bed and to try and get caught up on her sleep. As much as I wanted to be with her it sure seemed like a good idea to me as well.

Even with the extra few hours of sleep, 5am came much too quickly. I remember lying there in the dark and thinking that maybe the job wasn’t worth it, especially with Elle now home. But I got myself up and on my way. It was colder than it had been the first two days but “Griz” told me it was supposed to be a beautiful, warm day and that made me feel better. As we sorted mail we broke it up into odd and even numbers. I got to deliver the evens and “Griz’ took the odds. He figured that even with the extra volume due to Christmas being only 3 days away we’d be able to get it all delivered before 5pm by doing it that way. I was happy to actually have something to do rather than just be tagging along behind him most of the day. It proved to be a wonderful idea.

We got started just about the time it started to warm up. About an hour into the route I got my first ”present“. It wasn’t Christmas cookies. It was a washline with about a dozen pair of panties hanging on it. It was in the backyard of one of the houses that had made their garage a living unit. My best guess was that they belonged to a mother and two girls based upon the obviously different sizes. I got a real good look going in and out of the yard. It got my hopes up for more... much more. After all, it was Saturday, the traditional wash day and the weather was becoming really nice. By the time we stopped for lunch I’ll bet I’d seen more than 50 pair; all sizes and colors, but mostly white. ”Griz“ had gotten about a half block ahead of me. I knew why... and knew I had to limit my ”peeks“ in the afternoon.

The last half of the route wasn’t as ”productive“ as the first but still made for an interesting afternoon. The best part was that I got to see a couple of ladies taking their clothes off the line so go had a face to go with some of the panties. “Griz” finished his side before me as he’d done in the morning. Like the previous day, he didn’t follow me up to the end of the route. As I approached the house (the one that had the 3 pair of panties on the line the day before) I didn’t see any clothes on the other wash lines and figured that since it was getting late they had been taken down. But, like the day before, there were panties hanging on the same line. They weren’t the same ones as these were two pair of pink nylon and a pair of cotton band leg. I made my turn a little wider so as to get closer than the day before. It was a lot brighter out than the previous day and I recognized the cotton ones as being Carter’s from the waistband elastic. Like the day before, a nice way to end the workday.

As I headed home I was excited to see Elle. Maybe it was from the exhilaration of seeing so many panties in one day but I wasn’t tired at all. My feet hurt but that was my only real complaint. I wasn’t sure what time Elle got off work so I stopped at the drug store to see if she was still there and she was. She called her mother and told her that I’d bring her home but that ended up being a problem. We never got a chance to get a real kiss in or a meaningful hug the night before and we both were looking forward to doing just that. We got in the car and started right in... and more or less kept going. We didn’t do anything “drastic” but we were on our way when reason told us that we better get going. By the time we got to Elle’s house it had been over a half hour since she’d called. Her mother had her dinner on the table and if there was one thing that set her mother off it was being late to eat.

To be continued...

No comments: