Sunday, March 16, 2008

DECEMBER... Home for the Holidays (Part 29k)

For the life of me I can’t remember exactly what happened next. I do remember that Elle went upstairs while I was turning the lights off in the living room. When I got upstairs I saw the door to Elle’s room was closed. The bathroom was empty so I knew she wasn’t in there so I left the light off in my room and the door open. When I saw her walk past heading for the bathroom I went into hers. She was surprised to see me when she returned because she asked why I was there. I was still fully dressed so it wasn’t like I was ready to jump into bed with her. I remember making some sort of apology and telling her that I really hadn’t planned for what had happened. I know I made some sort of plea to be able to sleep with her and, in so doing, referencing that Buddy and Carol, basically in the next room, were. I don’t remember her saying “no” but she let me clearly know that it wasn’t going to happen. Talk about frustration! Here was my fantasy... to sleep in the same bed as Elle and to not have to worry about being caught... disappearing right before my eyes.

After a restless night, I got up when I saw it getting light out. I got washed and dressed and headed downstairs to wait for any or all of them to come downstairs. Buddy was first and was in just a T shirt and his trousers. Talk about the cat who ate the canary! He asked how it went for me and, pretty much knowing why Elle had turned me down, I told him that we didn’t do anything but go to sleep... each in our own room. I remember him making a few comments about how close he thought we were and indicating surprise. I’ve mentioned that Elle was a very private person. I was too, especially when it came to sex so Buddy’s perception was strictly on his own.

The next one to come downstairs was Carol. Since she wasn’t prepared to stay over she had no clothes to sleep in and ended up in one of Buddy’s T shirts. She was wearing Buddy’s bathrobe but it wasn’t tied so I got a few glimpses of her panties and she reached the lower steps of the stairs. She called to Buddy that needed to get home to get clean clothes and to be there in case her parents called. After a quick trip to the kitchen they went back upstairs. About then I was feeling very uncomfortable. I think it was the “macho” side of me feeling anything but macho. I was thinking that I’d lost face in front of one of my good friends. I decided that Elle and I should get on our way as soon as possible.

The trip home was another quiet one. I certainly wasn’t going to broach the subject and risk having Elle get really mad at me and ruining the last part of of Christmas holiday. We were about 10 miles from home when she broke the silence and it was with an apology of her own. Basically what she said was that she really, really loved me but that what we did together was our business and she just wasn’t comfortable with having Buddy and Carol know. I remember thinking that regardless of what we did they probably thought that we had anyway... but didn’t say it. I don’t remember my words back to her but by the time we turned into our road she was snuggled up to me in the front seat.

My parents were at church and when I walked into the house I found a message that my boarding school friend, Fred, had called. He and his girlfriend, Liz, were out at her Summer house for the weekend and for me to call for us to get together. Even with Elle’s mood change I knew the rest of her day would be focused on her brother. I called the number and got Liz on the phone. She wanted the four of us get together at her house. I explained that Elle was tied up but she insisted that I come over anyway. It’d been the early part of the summer since I’d seen them. Liz was now a Freshman at a college near to Fred and I was really curious as to how that arrangement was working. I knew if I got Fred alone he’d tell all.

Every time I write about going to that house I get nostalgic. I certainly didn’t appreciate the uniqueness of it’s location at that time but I sure do now. Even though it was winter, the view from just about anywhere on the property was spectacular. I got there just in time for lunch. We spent the next hour or so getting caught up with each other. Fred and I weren’t real good at writing so there was a lot to talk about. Liz’s mother gave me the break I was hoping for by calling her to go walk their dog. Joe was more than willing to tell me about the “arrangement”. One of his fraternity brothers was going to the same school as Liz and lived in an off campus apartment. On most weekends he went out of town and allowed Fred to use it when he visited Liz. Although Liz had to be back in her dorm at night, they had plenty of time for “stuff” (The term Fred used to describe making out and anything more). I was immediately jealous. Of course Fred asked about Elle and I and as I’ve stated before, that was something I kept to myself. I remember telling him that things were pretty tame. At least as far as college was concerned, I wasn’t lying. The most I gave him was that we would sometimes get lucky enough to have privacy in one of the Student Union rooms. I was thankful that he didn’t press the issue.

When Liz returned we talked about our Christmas gifts. Mine was simple... a few shirts and money. But Liz had gotten a new portable record changer and she wanted to show it to me. She had it set up in her bedroom and motioned for Fred and I to follow her. It was always an experience going into this house. It was a Summer house but it was almost as elegant as Buddy’s and Carol’s all year round houses. Her bedroom had two beautiful water views but that wasn’t what caught my eye. Lying on her bed were what appeared to be dressier clothes to be worn later. There was a skirt with a slip lying on top of it and, most important to me, a pair of panties. It wasn’t that I’d never seen her panties before because I had from the time she loaned Elle clothes to go home in and I, when returning them, had done a thorough inspection. Those had been a pair of cotton Lollipop band leg briefs. But the pair I was looking at were definitely not cotton. That in itself was a surprise. She was wearing a pair of brown tailored slacks but, true to her sense of style, they were loose fitting so getting a look at a VPL (visible panty line) seemed remote. Instead of looking at her new record player I was wondering what kind of panties she was wearing.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Bet it was hard not to turn your head and stare at those panties on the bed!