Thursday, March 12, 2009

A NEW YEAR... off to a slow start (Part41a)

Starting on New Years day it seemed like Elle and I were on two separate tracks. I got to see her for a few hours on New Years and then had to make a visit to my grandparents. Elle went to visit some old school friends and didn’t get back until after 9pm and didn’t call me. Thursday, she worked for her mother and Fred , my boarding school friend and his girlfriend, Liz, came out to check on her parents Summer home. I spent the afternoon with them and we ended up at a small tavern to get a bite to eat. Fred had quite a few beers and Liz wasn’t about to let him drive his father’s T-Bird back to their house. She couldn’t drive a stick shift and looked to me to help her out. The only thing I could think of was to invite them back to my house for the night even though it would mean not being alone with Elle. My mother, always the accommodating one when it came to company, had no problem with it. Calls were made to their parents and everything was set. There was one good thing that came from them staying over and that was I caught a glimpse of Liz slipping on one of my mother's night gowns. I was too far away to know what kind of panties she was wearing but it was still a nice vision to go to bed with.

Friday, I went to my grandfather’s to go with him to watch his new horse be shipped off to North Carolina to AJ’s stable. It was a mild day and after the horse left I was asked if I wanted to jog some horses. It’d been over three months since I’d been behind a horse so I jumped at the chance. Elle knew I was going to be tied up early but there was no way to let her know I was spending time into the afternoon. By the time I got home there was no one at Elle’s. I stayed home waiting for her return. It was after 10pm when I saw a car go past and into her driveway. I went over and found that she’d gone shopping for the last of the clothes she’d need for her semester long practice teaching stint that was coming up. I got to see her as she modeled the clothes for me but there was no “up close and personal” time. On Saturday, I was “elected” to take my brother back to his boarding school. My mother said that I’d been ignoring him all throughout the vacation and she’d wanted me to spend some time with him. The timing of it couldn’t have been worse. I was going to ask Elle to go along but my mother said “no”, and that was it. When I got back and had eaten supper I went over to Elle’s but found that she was fighting a cold and her mother wanted her to go to bed early as we were headed back to college first thing in the morning. Lying in bed I couldn’t believe how little I’d seen of Elle since our wonderful night. Believe it or not, I was actually looking forward to getting back to school.

The return trip was uneventful. There wasn’t all that much snow on the ground when we got to Elle’s sorority. It almost seemed like it had stopped snowing up there as soon as we left to go home. Before I left Elle gave me her exam schedule. She had two weeks of classes before they were to begin and she let it be known that if I came over the following weekend that I should be prepared to do some heavy studying. At least she didn’t tell me not to come over.

I was surprised to hear from her during the week. She was in the process of finalizing things for her practice teaching including her living quarters. She’d gotten her first choice of schools and she would be teaching in a town about 20 miles due South of my college. That was good news! Her college had provided her with two “approved” places that she could live but she didn’t want to make a choice without seeing them and meeting her prospective landlord. She wanted to know if I’d come over and get her and take her to see them. All I could think of was “so much for the studying...” and, of course, said "yes".

All the way over to get her that Saturday I visualized finding some time and place where we could have some privacy. I was not expecting to find that we’d have company for the trip. Elle decided that she wanted to know just who her roommate would be so talked one of her sorority sisters into it. She felt it was only fair to ask her to go along. So much for “private time”!

The girl’s name was Teresa and she was truly a city girl. As soon as she opened her mouth you could tell. In the hour and a half it took to get there I’d had more than enough of Teresa. It wasn’t just the accent but it was the fact that she never shut up. Have you ever known someone who asked a question and then proceeded to answer it? That was Teresa. As quiet as Elle was, Teresa was equally as loud. I couldn’t figure out why Elle had chosen someone like her to spend eight weeks with.

We found the school and then both houses that the college had approved for them to live at. The first one was within minutes (walking) of the school. The landlord was a widowed lady who appeared to be very nice. The girls would have kitchen privileges, access to a washing machine and limited use of the TV. The bedroom was right off the kitchen as was the bathroom. It certainly appeared to be just about perfect to the girls because they said “yes” without visiting the other choice. We then went into the town to see just what was there. We found a luncheonette, much like the Sugar Bowl in their college town, to get a bite to eat. By then I was biting my tongue to keep from saying something to Teresa that I’d regret.

It was late afternoon by the time we got back to the sorority. After Teresa left the car I pleaded with Elle to let me have some time with her. She said she was too far behind in her school work but promised that we’d have some “special time” (her words) during the semester break. There was nothing I could say. She controlled what I craved. My drive back to school was filled with fantasies of what that “special time” would be like. It was only a little more than two weeks. I hoped I wouldn’t “explode” before then.

To be continued...

No comments: