Thursday, April 01, 2010

GETTING A BREAK... finally (Part 54c)

The two other renters had moved in and Elle had met them both. She seemed to be at ease about the man after meeting him. The girl was a mystery to me though. Any time I was around she wasn’t. Elle described her as being very nice and very good with kids. Our daughter went right to her even though she was a complete stranger. It was the same with Margie’s kids. Elle said it was amazing. By then we’d been there for almost four weeks and Mrs M still wasn’t accepted that well by our daughter. The girl’s name was Lisa and she'd volunteered to babysit Monday through Thursday from 1 to 4pm at which time she had to report for work. Even though I was usually there during those hours I was usually taking a nap. But I made a note to keep my eyes open for her.

AJ gave me a chance to actually race a couple of horses at the end of the first full week of racing. It certainly picked up my spirits even though the results weren’t all that good. One of the horses belonged to my grandfather and I sort of knew that he was behind me getting to drive it. The other was a horse that had been in the stable for over a year and owned by a man who was really slow in paying AJ. The horse had a hoof problem and if he wasn’t racing (and winning money) AJ wasn’t going to get paid. In a desperation move AJ had a veterinarian ”nerve“ the offending hoof. It meant that the horse would no longer be able to feel anything in that hoof. It had been a fairly common procedure in ”the good old days“ but had been outlawed with the new found popularity of harness racing and much stricter rules. With the lack of feeling in the hoof there was possibility of the horse stumbling. (Think of having your foot go to ”sleep“ and then trying to walk on it.) Being somewhat wary soul to begin with AJ decided that I could drive him. At that point in my frustration with the lack of drives I didn’t care. I’d drive just about anything. I’ll admit I sort of held my breath the whole race. But he raced well and it was my conservatism that kept him from doing better. Later, AJ said I could drive him again which pleased me to no end.

One thing that I noticed right away was that some of my driver friends had not returned to the track this year. The most noticeable was Andy. Harry and Clyde were also missing but that was because the track would only give stall space to horses that were race ready and the harsh Winter had them and others who trained up North behind on their schedule. It wasn't that I didn't know anybody but they were my closest racing friends.

The baby’s first birthday was the next Sunday. Elle and I had decided not to buy any presents and forgo a party to save some money. Elle’s and my parents had sent us a batch of new clothes for the baby to grow into. Being a Sunday, I still had to go to the track to check on the horses and upon my return I found the yard almost filled with cars. I had to park on the lawn. As I walked over to the door I could see a bunch of people in the back yard and I recognized Vi, Harry’s wife. Puzzled, I walked over to the group and saw Elle, Mrs M and Margie along with some other people that I didn’t recognize. There were also a group of young children running around. Mrs M, without saying anything to Elle, had organized a party for the baby. Margie invited some of her friends, along with their kids, to make it a ”real“ party. Vi had the birthday written on her calendar and as I’d told Harry where we were living this season, was able to find us. The one thing that stood out to me when I walked up was that the baby was in a playpen. It turned out that it was gift from Harry and Vi. I arrived just in time for the cake and ice cream. The interesting part of that was that up to then the baby had never had ice cream. I wish that we had a camera because she didn’t like the cold and would just shake her head after feeling it on her lips. She did finally catch on.

For me, it was like a show. Including Margie, there were three young women in short shorts, all with young children that needed to be chased. Each time one would bend over to pick up one of their charges I’d get either a peek at their panties from under the leg openings or a nice VPL. I was in heaven. I was sorry to see the party break up.

Actually, it was my first official meeting with the girl who lived down the hall. As I mentioned before, she worked at the restaurant across the road. On Fridays and weekends they were open for lunch as well as dinner and she’d finished up her lunch time duties and was on her way up to her room to rest. I held the door open for her and followed her up the stairs. I couldn’t help but look up as I did. Her uniform was pale yellow and fairly short with a somewhat full skirt. I won’t lie and say I got an eyeful. It was close but I didn’t see her panties. The hem flounced from side to side but I never saw the ”target“. But, what it did was to get my mind racing even more. She wasn’t particularly pretty but she had a decent figure. She was maybe a couple of inches shorter than Elle. Knowing that I had to walk past her room to get to the bathroom was certainly an interesting thought.

Elle had put the baby down for a nap and lay down on the bed herself. I joined her with all the memories of the afternoon racing around in my head. Elle was showing a lot more than at the same time with the first pregnancy and it was taking a lot more out of her, especially with the stairs. I thought I might find some ”afternoon delight“ but she was ”too tired“. I remember waking up having had a wet dream and being embarrassed.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Sounds like a great party! Hope to read more about the waitress and her panties!