Saturday, April 23, 2011

SUMMER FUN... July (Part 71d)

By that time Jo and I had learned not to wear good clothes to work. We wanted to look “presentable” but working around machinery that used lubricants it was inevitable that you’d get some grease on your hands and clothes. I’d found some charcoal gray chino’s that seemed to “pass muster”. Jo seemed to rotate black, gray and navy blue skirts. With the warm weather she’d started wearing printed, mostly sleeveless, blouses that coordinated with the skirt she was wearing. Jay was the first to wade in. He’d rolled his pants up to almost his knees and after just a few steps found the sand on the bottom was very unstable and as Jo and I watched as he was quickly in about mid thigh. Jo was laughing hysterically at him as he tried to jump his way over to the “island”. By the time he got there he was wet almost to his waist. I made note that he was able to salvage his wallet from getting wet.

Once there he started taunting us to join him. I looked at Jo and she was looking kind of sheepish as she stepped to the water’s edge. At 5’ 4“ tall she was a foot shorter than Jay and if he got as wet as he did I knew that Jo didn’t have a chance. Three steps in and Jo had her skirt up under her arms. I was in heaven and my bulge was almost instantaneous. Then she decided to change her mind but the softness of the sand under her feet did her in. I watched as she fell over into the water right in front of me. When she came up I could see she was in a bit of a panic and I rushed in to help her out. It was now Jay’s turn to laugh.

There was nothing dry on or about Jo. But it only took a few seconds for Jo’s personality to reappear as she made a ”so what“ type of face. Jay was still calling for us to join him. I’d gotten wet almost to my crotch in helping Jo out of the water. At that point I was ready to get wet. The water was very warm but it did feel cooler than the air. As I started taking my wallet out of my pocket I saw Jo stepping out of her skirt. She caught me watching her and gave another ”so what’ look at me. As she unbuttoned her blouse she said something along the lines of “you’re not seeing anything you don’t see every day” and then sprinted into the water, swimming the eight to ten or so feet out to Jay. I took my time getting my shirt off hoping that my bulge would go down. When it didn’t I decided to go in with my pants on hoping that they would help hide the obvious.

It wasn’t that Jo was happy about the situation but she wanted to make the best of it. She spent most of the time in the water so I really didn’t get to see much after she left the shore. A couple of glimpses of white under the water was the best I could do. We probably stayed there, all three of us, bobbing in the water up to our necks, for a half hour. Jo and Jay did get together for a bit and I wondered about his “bulge” and how he handled it though. When we decided to go back ashore Jay played the role of the perfect gentleman and brought Jo’s clothes out into the water so she could get dressed without exposing herself. I wasn’t happy about that but was thankful I’d had about 30 seconds of a pure panty peek plus another 10 or so seconds of her in her bra as well.

We waited for probably another half hour before heading back. We were all still damp and it helped to keep us a bit cooler, especially with the wind blowing through the open windows of Jay’s truck. When we got back to the County Center the parking lot had probably less than a dozen cars in it. I was home by 3 pm and it did take a little explaining to Elle why my pants were in the condition they were in.

We were back at work the next morning only to find that it would be at least another eight to ten hours until the building would have full power. On top of that was the question of how long it would take to cool it back down. We stayed around long enough to see the official notification that the Center was closed for the day. I remember Jay, laughingly, asking if I wanted to go back to the barrier beach. The “fall out” of our time off was having to work until after midnight to get the payroll completed. Even with that not everyone got paid on time.

Five o'clock on Friday afternoons was always a "disaster". There was only one road in and out of the Center and it merged into one of only two highways that led to the vacation areas. With so many people from the city wanting to get to their Summer homes combined with all the Center employees headed home, trying to get around the traffic circle created a major traffic jam. I’d learned to wait for about a half hour before leaving. It was worth it not to have to sit in a hot car for 20 or so minutes just to go a little over two miles. I’m not sure which Friday it was (that’s why I’m writing this in a ”subjects“ rather than ”time line“ format.) but I’d gone to the new DP area and was moving boxes around to kill the time. I noticed that the back door to the Purchasing department was open but there were no lights on. It was well after 5 pm and all doors should’ve been closed and locked. I walked across the hall and looked inside. To my right, standing next to a desk, was Rena. At the moment I saw her she was stepping out of her skirt. She didn’t see me and I didn’t say anything. I just stood there staring. I started to back out as she unbuttoned her blouse and was just about out of the doorway when she saw me. I immediately started blushing and could feel the heat of embarrassment overwhelm me. I was just into the hall when she called out to me. I stopped, thinking I was going to get a piece of her mind. I didn’t move and then, there she was in a slip and bra, in the doorway. My feelings at that moment were a combination of embarrassment, shock, and excitement. As soon as she saw me she waved me back inside. I know I stood there for quite a while (maybe 20 or so seconds) and didn’t move until she asked why I was still standing there. I walked in and watched as she walked back to where I’d first seen her. It was as if I wasn’t there at all as she then took a dress that soon became obvious to me as a uniform and slipped it on. Then she asked me to button up the back. It was somewhat surreal and I remember my hands and fingers shaking as I tried to get the buttons to slip though the holes.

As I made the attempt to get all the buttons done she explained that she worked as a waitress on Friday and Saturday nights. She, like me, had found it was just frustrating to try and leave at 5 pm on Fridays. That finally gave me an excuse to open my mouth and all I did was to apologize for stepping in on her. That was met with a laugh and as she did she put both her hands on my shoulder and said that it was ”OK“. That was something else that embarrassed me. After a bit of ”small talk“ we both walked out of the office with me returning to the new DP area. I can tell you that I didn’t get much accomplished and left soon after.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Nothing like getting an unexpected glace like that! I can picture Jo in my mind, very nice!