Friday, December 16, 2011

ANTICIPATING SUMMER... Hot times (Part 82e)

With a little difficulty, Arne and Alex got the sails on and up. I helped Andrew aboard and jumped in myself. It was a perfect wind for neophyte sailors as there was no way for them to get into trouble. I tried my best not to lose patience with Arne as he tried to play the role of Captain of the ship, giving Alex and Andrew orders. The redeeming factor in the time I spent with them was to get a few panty peeks when we changed direction (came about) and the boom, attached to the sail, moved over our heads. Alex never seemed to know where to go and would end up splay legged giving me slight peeks of white up the leg openings of her shorts. By the time we got back to shore Elle had taken the kids back to her mother’s house. Alex was anxious to go ashore so jumped over the side only to find that the tide had come up even further. Her whole body went under and when she came up she was spitting water out of her mouth. Her blouse was plastered to her chest and even with a bra on I could clearly see her nipples poking out. I certainly enjoyed the view from above.

When I carted the beach umbrellas to the back of the house I could see that Alex had already washed out her clothes and they were hanging on the wash line. Her panties were alone on one line and were blowing gently in the breeze. I actually stopped to watch them for a minute remembering the night I had ”borrowed“ a pair from that same line a few years prior. I wondered if these were also Vanity Fair panties.

It was too late to think about starting to go work on my boat. I knew Elle wanted to be home early as she had to do her preparations for the last few days of school and with me already in "the doghouse" I didn't want to aggravate her any more that I already had. So I said good bye to my parents and headed over to her mother’s house to get her and the kids. She was still a bit ”snotty“ but less caustic than she’d been in the morning. I still didn’t know what I’d done to put her in this negative mood. By the time we headed for bed she was at least talking with me but still nowhere near ”friendly“. I knew enough to be patient so just tried to be as nice as I could. As I lay in bed I wondered if I’d ever figure out the workings of the female mind.

Monday morning found Elle to be fairly civil towards me. That, to me, was a sign that whatever it was that set her off was fading from her thoughts. I figured it might take another day or two until things were truly back to normal. When Joan arrived I was surprised to see her in shorts. Even through the hottest days she’d continued to wear her jeans. I don’t remember what it was that prompted me to ask her if she’d started wearing the new panties. As soon as I did I could see she was embarrassed which, in turn, embarrassed me. After a few seconds I tried to apologize but by then she had reached down to one of the cuffs of her shorts and pulled it up. I could clearly see the lace around the leg openings. Fortunately she was looking at what she was doing and didn’t see me trying to cover my groin area with my jacket. I wasn’t expecting her to do that so didn’t know what to say. After a few more seconds I managed to stammer out a question about how her husband liked them. I was so nervous by that time I don’t remember her answer and left right after that. At least I’d seen proof that she was wearing the panties and that made me feel good.

It’d been a while since I’d talked with or seen my old friend, Fred, from boarding school. We’d gone in different geographical directions since we’d both married and the last I knew of him he was out in Ohio. So, when he called that evening I was caught off guard when I picked up the phone. He was back on the East coast and wanted to know what I was doing for the 4th of July. Elle and I hadn’t gotten that far in our planing but I did know that it fell during the week. I told him I’d get back with him. I did find out that he had a daughter Anne’s age and that Liz, his wife was pregnant. It was a nice diversion, hearing from him after a long time.

At work, Vi, the lady from Civil Service who doing the audit of the work that each of us did so that proper job descriptions could be developed, had fit right in with us. After my initial annoyance of her presence, I got over it and tried to help her with her project. We’d all adapted to her presence and when she indicated that she’d be done by the end of the week we all were a little disappointed. We were all curious as to just what she’d write up about each of our jobs but she told us we’d have to wait.

It was raining Tuesday morning and Joan was back to wearing her baggy jeans. After a bit of ”small talk“ I headed for the door. Again, from out of no where, I asked if she were wearing her new panties. With no sunshine it was hard to tell but I thought I saw her blushing again. I really didn’t expect a response but she slowly nodded her head, affirmatively. With my hand on the doorknob I heard her ask if I wanted to see. I think it was the shock of hearing those words that made me freeze in place. I stood there as she lifted her blouse with one hand and pulled down the waistband of her jeans with the other. It was enough to see one of the appliques and that proved she was. I honestly don’t remember if I said anything and I don’t remember leaving.

To be continued...

No comments: