Tuesday, December 06, 2011

STILL SPRING... but getting warmer (Part 81g)

I told her I’d be right back and hurried down the hall. The kids were occupied playing with the food they hadn’t eaten for breakfast so I didn’t worry about them. I’d hidden the panties in my underwear drawer with the tissue paper that the saleslady had wrapped them in still with them. I, nervously, returned to where Joan was standing in the living room and handed the little package to her. Her puzzled look quickly turned to a smile when she realized what it was. However, the puzzled look returned and she mumbled something about them, questioning if they were for her. At that point I was probably beet red and thinking I’d gone too far. I assured her that I’d bought them for her since she’d been so excited with Elle’s nylon panties when she’d worn them. I explained that I was so pleased with her willingness to care for the kids that I’d thought this would be a way to give her something special. Then there was silence.

I think the first words were something about how her husband would take it... her getting a gift of panties. She was holding one pair, opened up so that the lace treatments could be seen and holding the other two pair flat on her opened palm. I saw the sales slip stuck between those two and reached out to get it. My mind was working overtime and I think I just blurted out that she could tell him that she’d bought them herself, pointing to the receipt. I could see her stance softening as a bit of a smile formed on her face. She hemmed and hawed for a bit and then nodded her head in a positive way.

I know you won’t believe me when I tell you that I hadn’t pre-planned what I said to her next. I really did want to leave and to get to work but as I started for the door I said something along the lines of “Before I go why don’t you go try one on so I know they fit.” I don’t think she said anything before she headed down the hall. I waited for a minute or so and then I called down to her. Standing by the door I could see right down the hallway. Right after I called I saw her step out from the bathroom and even though the lighting was poor I could see that she was standing there in just her blouse and panties. I was not expecting that! I was shocked. Then, the very last thing I expected was to hear her say “Don’t you want to look?”

To say that I “didn’t want to” would be lying. However, as much as I wanted to take that walk down the hall, I didn’t. I do remember asking if they were baggy and her answering that they weren’t. I’m sure I said something as a response but the memory just isn’t there. I remember sitting in my car out in front and being quite “warm”. I also remember trying to figure how she’d interpreted my request to try them on as a request for a “show“. As I headed off to work I just hoped that she didn’t tell her husband all the details.

That weekend, as I finished up on the playhouse, I decided I’d use the money I made from it to pay off more of the patio room. I stopped at the office on my way home and found Dick there. I’d hoped that Bea, Ben’s wife, would be there and that I might get a VPL. When I handed him the money he told me that he had good news. I was puzzled. Good news... about what and for who. He went into the files and pulled out a folder and put it on the counter. As he opened it, right on top was a note that said ”Paid in Full“. The way I had it figured I owed over $300 before I gave him the money. Then he explained. At the open house for the new travel trailer section I had shown one of my father’s friends through the display trailers. The man had come back and bought one and insisted that I get the commission. Even though it wasn’t enough to pay it off in full Dick had decided that I’d done enough for he and his brother to write it off... and that meant I could keep the$125 cash I had. Talk about a good feeling!

From the office to home I had a debate with myself. Do I tell Elle or do I keep it to myself and put it towards the race car. I didn’t come up with an answer but did decide to go to the races if Eric, Jim and Andy were going. I found Andy and Eric up at Andy’s old trailer. As I’d mentioned, Andy bought Alvin and Millie’s unit without selling his with the idea of renting it out. Eric had an Air Force buddy who was just married and needed a place to stay. Andy was going through it with Eric when I arrived. Of course Andy was excited with the prospect of some cash flow and, feeling like me, a little ”flush”, said yes. We tracked down Jim and coerced him into joining

It’s always amazed me how just a little positive reinforcement can get a project going. Three of us were all excited for different, but somewhat related, reasons and had gotten Jim involved as well. By the time the races were over that night all of us were planning the next move for my race car. Even though it was close to midnight we stopped at the car to look at it. In bed, my only thoughts were on getting it fixed and back racing.

On Monday night Jim, who’s cousin was the racer in the faster division, came over and said he thought he’d found a front axel for me. He had to go out to a work site to make a repair on a road grader. When the equipment broke they had to push it off the road and into the woods. While working on it he walked into the wood to relieve himself and saw a rusty old Ford truck covered with vines. Not being a racing ”buff“ he wasn’t sure if it had what I was needing. It was located about 30 miles East of us. We got in touch with Eric and persuaded him to take the ride. Long story short... the axel would fit. The problem would be in getting it out. Eric said it would take four of us to extract it not only from the truck but also from the woods. Even though it would take some time I was excited. The best part was that it wasn’t going to cost me any money.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

OMG! That's to close to the nest. You live a little dangerous.

Pantymaven said...

Blue... Believe me... I was sweating just from giving the panties to her. When she appeared in the hallway I about had a heart attack!