Thursday, January 01, 2015

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127k)

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127k)

I didn’t get to see very much as Robbie, the printer’s apprentice had come out to see if I needed assistance. I’m pretty sure I got the panties stuffed back into the bag without him seeing them but if he’d been paying attention he would’ve noticed that I was flushed from embarrassment. Back in the bank parking lot I was finally able to take a better look. There were four pair of noticeably new Shadowline panties and they were ”fancy panties“ with lace appliques to boot. My first reaction was they were too pretty to mutilate to make up ”dribble panties“. I wanted to see what size they were knowing that Ginger had lost weight. However, I was somewhat taken aback when I saw that they were a size five. I knew they were cut a bit smaller than the Modern Globe ones we’d used to make Elle’s ”dribble panties“ so that added to my concern. By then it was getting to be mid morning and I needed to get inside so I put them all back in the bag with a plan to get back to them later.

Walking around inside the bank I was curious to see if any of the women had worn pants. The final count was but three with one being Lena, the president’s secretary. As I made my way back to my desk I couldn’t help but smile to myself... all the turmoil that the pants issue had created and yet there was no immediate acceptance of the new policy. In my mind the best thing that happened was in getting the two old geezer Board members to resign. Late in the afternoon I overheard Hobie talking with Trish and telling her to make preparations for a special Board of Trustee’s meeting the next day. I asked her when she was leaving what the reason was and all she did was to shrug her shoulders. More mystery.

I could tell Elle had had a much better day at school as soon as I walked in the house. I had the bag with the panties with me when I walked in and gave it to her. She looked puzzled at first but when I told her Ginger had given it to me she kind of wrinkled up her nose at me. I think she even asked if I’d looked inside. I didn’t have to answer. As she opened the bag I pointed out the fact that they were fancy panties. Holding a pair up she made the same judgement as I’d made... they were too nice (and expensive) to be cut up. Before she could say anything more I told her that she should offer to trade for them. That comment elicited another wrinkled up look. I reminded her that we (I) still had some of the Evette panties that my sailing friend Willy had sent and they would actually be better to use as the crotch was bigger. She didn’t ”bite” but did say that we could talk about it later.

After we ate and while she was cleaning up the kitchen I got out the sewing machine and set it up on the dining room table. I also rounded up five pair of the Evette panties and put them with the machine. I knew she’d find them and then we’d be sure to have a discussion. It took a while but when she was taking the kids upstairs to bed she saw them and I heard her laugh. When she came back down  she called me into the dining room and asked where the other (Evette) panties had come from. Elle had no idea of just how many new panties I’d hidden away and, at first, thought I’d really screwed up. But my mind was up to the challenge and told her I’d set them aside for “replacements” for when the ones she was wearing wore out. I got a “look” but nothing more was said about them other than for me to suggest, again, that she offer to exchange the five of them for the four that Ginger had brought over. She said she’d think about it.

The special Board meeting turned out to be about the fall-out concerning the resignations by the two Trustee’s. They were both considered to be “pillars of the community” and there had been some “talk” around town about what had happened to cause them to do so. The term “spin” hadn’t been created back them but that’s what the meeting was about... to try and mitigate the rumors. I’d hoped they would address the service bureau issue but that subject was clearly on the “back burner”.

Before leaving that night I got a call from James to say that Elle and I could come over to see Peggy the next afternoon. That next morning Elle decided she’d wear her new velour outfit because she was going to be “observed” by the principal for the first time. I didn’t think it was a good idea because she already had an “accident“ earlier in the week. She assured me that she had the bathroom situation under control and showed me that she was wearing a pair of her ”dribble panties“ with a pair of sanitary panties with the large plastic crotch over them. I really didn’t have much of a say about it but after she was dressed I had to agree she really looked nice. The plan was for her to come to the bank when she was through for the day and we’d go see Peggy together.

Sandy had agreed to come to our house to watch Kaye. She arrived a few minutes after Elle left so I gave a quick tour around the house to show her where things she might need would be found. Kaye was being shy and was still upstairs in her bed. She wouldn’t come down so I suggested that Sandy take one of her favorite toys up to her and to try and entice her that way. I didn’t want to do it knowing that she’d want to cling to me and then end up crying as I walked out the door. I stayed at the bottom of the stairs as Sandy made her way to the top. As I watched I got a great VPL and knew immediately that Sandy was wearing her own ”dribble panties“. I waited for a few minutes and when I didn’t hear any crying I took off.

Elle showed up at the bank around 4pm. I’d made arrangements to leave early so it didn’t take long for me to clear my desk. Elle had walked across the lobby without her coat knowing she’d only be outside for a minute or two. She really looked good in that outfit as I watched her approach. I happened to notice a couple of the tellers follow her with their eyes as she made her way to my desk. One of them was the new teller, Donna and it reminded me that I needed to talk with her before the ”busy period“ started.

The situation was a little awkward when we got to Peggy’s house. It had been nine months since either of us had seen her and I know that she saw the look of surprise on my face. She’d gained a lot of weight with the baby and, to me it looked like she hadn’t lost much, if any, of it. I still remembered the athletic and good looking girl that had baby sat for us. At that moment she was anything but. Elle, of course, made straight for the baby. We’d discussed the possibility of having another but had decided against it. Elle had done enough teaching to know she really wanted to get into it full time as soon as Kaye was in school. But, seeing an infant always tugged at her heart.

I pretty much just stood there making small talk with Peggy’s mother. James was due to arrive at any minute and I couldn’t wait. I just wasn’t comfortable. I was thankful when he finally arrived. He and his wife then told me all about the plans for the christening on Sunday. I really, really didn’t want to go but I could see how important it was to them. When Peggy’s mother went back to see how Peggy, Elle and the baby were making out James motioned for me to follow him into another room. He didn’t waste any time when he came right out and asked if I could do him an immense favor. At that point in our friendship, I probably owed him about a dozen so I, naturally, said ”Yes“.

To be continued...      

1 comment:

badside said...

Poor Peggy! Happy New Year PM.