Friday, October 09, 2015

BACK TO WORK... surprises and changes (Part 137c)

BACK TO WORK... surprises and changes (Part 137c)

As I peeked into the room I didn’t see any clothes at all. Elle had supper ready so I couldn’t do any searching. As I went down the stairs I rationalized to myself that I’d seen all there was to see of Bebe’s panties when I sneaked into her room over at Sabrina’s. She’d had to buy all new clothes and the panties I’d seen were all by Modern Globe and seemed to be brand new. However, since she was going to be staying another night there was still the very slim possibility of getting a VPL or DP if she had worn Elle’s panties that day.  But Pete, her boyfriend, was picking her up at work and dropping her off and I knew I’d probably be asleep by then. It had been a nice thought.

After eating I went next door to look at the tree that had been hit by lightning. All that was left was a stump about 2 1/2 feet across. The workers had done a nice job of cleaning it all up. I was on my way back to the house when I heard Elle calling me. It was Sabrina’s father. He wasn’t pleased that we’d turned his workers away but why he’d really called was to say that Sabrina wouldn’t be returning and that he would be sending a truck to get all the furniture and her things. I was shocked. Not that I had any great liking for Sabrina but this came right out of nowhere. It took a few seconds for me to grasp it. Before he hung up I managed to mention the furniture that Bebe had borrowed. I didn’t want his people to take that along with Sabrina’s stuff. There was silence for a few more seconds and then I heard him talking to Sabrina, asking her who this Bebe person was. I waited about a minute before he came back on the line. He said he’d have the truck driver come over to get her when he arrived. I was still in shock when I hung the phone up.

Elle was almost as shocked as me. Her thought process was the same as mine... what had happened while Sabrina was at home for this to happen. Then Elle blurted out “What’s gonna happen to Bebe?” It only took a few seconds for Elle to answer her own question. “She can stay here!” It wasn’t a question but a flat out statement. My mind went into overdrive at that point.

I liked Bebe and she did offer a diversion when it came to panties. But, the first (selfish) thought was what was to become of the rather liberal pee play that I'd been enjoying and Elle had come to accept. Visitors, for a few days, had always been acceptable. However, the question was... how long would Bebe be there? Then, on a more immediate level, what would we do with the furniture that she was using? We debated about telling Bebe not wanting her to find out in the morning. I knew Pete’s brother and called him to get the number for Pete. I didn’t tell him why I was calling but asked him to stop by after he picked Bebe up. Of course he wanted to know what was up but all I’d say was it wouldn’t take long and if they were planning on going out it really wouldn’t/shouldn’t interfere.

Monday’s were a slow night at the restaurant and they showed up at the house around 9:30pm. As it turned out my pessimistic slim to none chance for a VPL turned out to be wrong. She was wearing some of Elle’s old clothes and the top barely covered her midrift in front and, in the back when she sat down, I had a beautiful look. As I suspected, the panties were made by Shadowline with a very distinct waist elastic.  Bebe was all on edge and when I told her Sabrina wasn’t coming back she took it to mean that she’d been in an accident and had been killed. It wasn’t funny at the time but in writing it now it kind of reinforces my feelings about how women, in general think. In any case, I told her about getting the furniture out of the house in the morning and Pete said he could be there to help. He didn’t have a truck to return the borrowed things but asked if they could be put in my garage until he could get ‘Big B’s' father’s pick up. I suggested that Bebe call Sabrina but she declined. I could tell she wasn’t pleased with the situation but before she got upset Elle offered to let her stay with us.

I’m not sure just what her actual reaction was because just as Elle made the offer we heard Kaye crying. I was closest so headed upstairs to comfort her. By the time I got back both Bebe and Pete had gone. I asked Elle and she was non committal saying that Bebe had said she appreciated the offer and would ”sleep on it“. And that was the way it was as we headed for bed.

The meeting with the service bureau people had been set for 10am which meant leaving the house at 7:30am. Hobie was driving so I met him at 8am at his house. His teen aged son that had been hit by a car was there and on crutches as I pulled in. As we drove away Hobie confided to me that his being hit was a ”blessing in disguise“ and proceeded to explain that he and the boy had somewhat drifted apart. But, being confined to the house gave them both a chance to get to know each other again. We both talked ‘family’ for the first hour and then focused on what Hobie wanted to accomplish with the meeting. I’d already seen the facilities and had recommended that we use the company. This was to be Hobie’s first look at anything like this and he was a bit apprehensive. I felt confident that he’d like, and approve, the people and the facilities.

We were met as if we were royalty. The president of the bank that owned the company along with the chief operations officer and the vice president who oversaw the day to day operation of the facility met us at the door. I won’t bore you with all the details but everything went better than expected. Knowing that we’d need all new teller machines they had representatives of the equipment manufacturer there to demonstrate and to answer questions. I had questions answered that I didn’t know I even had. We were treated to a great lunch at the same restaurant where the bank association we belonged to held their monthly meetings. It was right down the street and if the Board approved the plan I knew I'd get to eat there more often. We even had copies of contracts to take back with us for the Board to peruse the next day. Leaving, all I was hoping for was that the attorney/Trustee, ‘Gee’, who Hobie and I had visited with the day before, had made enough phone calls to convince a majority of the other Trustees to go along with it before the presentation.

To be continued...

No comments: