Monday, October 12, 2015

BACK TO WORK... surprises and changes (Part 137d)

BACK TO WORK... surprises & changes (Part 137d)

Hobie and I talked about a ‘plan of attack’ for the presentation to the Board on our way home. We had things pretty well mapped out after an hour. Then there was silence for a while. Hobie was in a good mood by then so I decided to make my ‘pitch’ for the creation of the chief clerk position for Gina. Knowing that he’d not endorsed her hiring I planned on presenting all the reasons why the position was needed first. Letitia was a long time employee and saying just about anything negative about her was a ”no-no” so I made the case that with the added business that we were now doing she was ‘“stretched a little thin”. I don’t know if he bought that at all but after a few more informational tid-bits he asked the fateful question... “Who do you suggest fill the position?” I didn’t come right out and mention Gina but I did say that during the new account campaign and all through the busy period there had been one teller that had really stood out. “Cara?” was all that he said. I had to back up a bit and mentioned that she’d waited on the most customers but that I had someone else in mind... Gina.

Talk about a reaction! Hobie had been leaning back with one hand on the steering wheel. As soon as I spoke he sat straight up and put both hands on the wheel and, without looking at me, spit out "Not possible!' He never looked at me as he continued on. "Absolutely not!" The forcefulness of his voice told me not to ask why so I just sat there in silence as we continued on. Finally, Hobie said he'd consider the creation of the position if Cara were to fill it. Since the situation was obviously volatile all I did was to sit there trying to figure out what to say that didn't add fuel to the fire that I'd started.

Finally he leaned back and took a look my way. “Cara would be perfect.” I remember sighing and as I did he again went semi rigid behind the wheel, I knew I had to say something and told him I’d approached her when I first came up with the idea. He turned to look at me again and said but one word... “And...” I hated to make it seem like I was putting Cara down but I told him she'd told me she had no interest in assuming any more responsibility than she had as a teller. Silence followed. After a mile or so he relaxed again and asked if I’d considered anyone else. I hadn’t but was reluctant to tell him that. The only other teller with any experience was Corrine, the colored girl (remember, it was the 60’s), but as good as she was with the customers she was even more timid than Letitia... and, remembering the stories I’d been told by Trish of the ‘flap’ when she was hired, well I just never considered it. After a few more miles he then said it would be best to drop the idea. I decided that discretion was the best virtue so mumbled an “OK”.

It was obvious that we’d be back at his house before 5pm. Pulling into his driveway he told me that he wasn’t going in to the bank and if I wanted to go home it was OK. I knew there was a lot I could accomplish if I did go in but was so discouraged by Hobie’s reaction to the mention of Gina I decided to head home. I’d not given any thought to Bebe, Sabina or her house all day but I did on the last part of my drive home. Pulling up to the garage I fully expected to see furniture inside it but there was none. Elle was shocked to see me before 6pm and thought something was wrong. She’d just started to fix supper and the kids were occupied. It was impossible not to see she was wearing a tennis outfit so I asked why. Aurelia, the newest member of the “group”, had met the new high school English teacher and convinced her to give her a ‘refresher course’ in tennis, not having played since her college days. In conversation, Elle’s name came up and the teacher contacted her for a game.

With the kids occupied outside and Elle alone in the kitchen it was perfect timing for a hug with ‘benefits“. As I was sliding my hand between her legs I could feel that she was wearing her dribble panties. But, before I could settle in she backed away and, with obvious concern, asked who Merry was. Since that came out of nowhere and I wasn’t expecting it I frowned at her and asked what she was talking about. Then she said she’d received a call from some woman who called herself Merry. It took a few seconds but it came to me that it was Willie’s wife. Before answering her I asked what she’d said. Elle couldn’t remember exactly but she did mention Willie’s name. Then it all came back to me that my friend Willy was supposed be in town the next day.

I quickly brought Elle up to speed on both Merry and Willie and how I’d tried to reach out to him with the idea of his lingerie company making ‘dribble panties’ with a built in plastic crotch. That satisfied her but I went on that we’d have to get to work on making a pair so that I could show him while he was there. She finished up making dinner while I went about trying to line up the materials we’d need to make up the panties. In doing so I discovered that we had no more of the super absorbent french terrycloth that we’d used in making the regular ‘dribble panties’. The only fabric store around was over a half hour away and by then there was no chance to get there before they closed. I was mad at myself for having forgot about Willie’s arrival.

After doing the dishes Elle and I set about to come up with at least something to show him. There were enough nylon panties for the body of the pant and Elle had enough plastic panties that cutting a pair up wouldn’t be a hardship. But, what material to line the crotch area was turning out to be somewhat of a problem. Elle made a suggestion that we use flannel cloth since they would only be a prototype. It made sense so that’s what we did. When we were finished I wasn’t all that pleased with them and knew we wouldn’t have time to give them a try. However, I’d have something to show him. All I’d have to do was wait to actually hear from him. Wednesday was lining up to be quite a day!
                                
We used a pair of Evette panties for the body ( Willie's original company made them)

Back
To be continued...

3 comments:

oldblue said...

Love the recent pics.
Thinking of how bankers and banks have changed over the years. How conservative they were and resistant to change in the "old days". I wonder if any of your directors lived to see the revolution in the way they operate today.

Pantymaven said...

OB... To answer your question about the Trustees... only one is still alive... "Polak Joe".

Anonymous said...

Mmmm , those panties look scrumptous!
sara e