Wednesday, April 20, 2016

AUTUMN... preparing for changes (Part 142h)

AUTUMN... preparing for changes (Part 143h)

I won’t bore you with all the machinations my mind went through before telling Moira that I thought her car was beyond repair. I tried to explain why but I’m sure she didn’t understand what I was telling her. I did ask if there was anything still in the car that she wanted or needed right away. She said she couldn’t think of anything and we left it at that.

Finally back to work I spent some time talking with Albie about how they wanted to approach getting our names and address file converted over to their computer system. The one main problem we both came up with was that the bank only had them stored on addressograph plates, not something readily transferable and easy to use. Being a Friday afternoon we both decided that it could wait until the following week.

To catch her bus to be able to get home, Moira had to leave before 5pm. She made a quick stop at my desk to thank me again. As she walked away I remembered the panties I’d seen in her car in the morning and made a virtual picture of her wearing them. That, in turn, made me think about the actual panties still in the glove box of her car. I’d asked if there was anything in the car that she wanted and she’d said there wasn’t. That told me the panties were ‘fair game’ and actually got a bit excited in thinking about stopping up at the service station to get them later on. Even though James closed up at 6pm I knew Moira’s car wouldn’t be locked. Being on late duty (to 6pm) and anticipating another ‘treasure’ to add to my collection made time go by even more slowly.

It was about 6:20pm when I got to the station. I didn’t expect to see James still there as I knew he would lock the doors at 6pm, often chasing customers out of his office to do so. That threw a wrench in my plan to go to Moira’s car and to retrieve the panties. As soon as he saw me he headed in my direction. He wanted to make sure I knew why he was reluctant to try and fix the car. I assured him that I understood and asked what the car might be worth, as is. He pointed to two cars about the same year as Moira’s lined up in the area where her car was parked. He said they were worth about $50 each. That moved me to ask what it was worth if it was running. He laughed and said maybe $125, especially with the almost bald tires that were on it. I decided to tell him a bit about Moira and the hard times she was facing hoping he'd come up with a suggestion on how to help her out. He looked at me and from out of no where asked if I could find a job at the bank for his daughter, Peggy.

I always liked Peggy and had really felt sorry for her when her husband was killed in a car crash right after the birth of her daughter. I’d tried to keep up with her recovery progress but hadn’t followed up as I’d intended. However, this was a shock. With so many different things on my ’plate’ it was something I didn’t need right at that moment. After a few seconds to recover I indicated that I’d take it under consideration. As soon as I did he said he thought he might be able to trade the two old cars he’d pointed at for a motor for Moira’s car. I didn’t grasp what he was proposing at first but he repeated it and added that all it would cost Moira was a few dollars for his employee to install it in her car. Then ‘the light went on’ and I realized the offer was tied to his daughter Peggy and the possibility of a job. It certainly was a good deal for Moira but it would leave me in a rather difficult position when it came to coming up with a job for Peggy.

By that time I was really running behind. I looked over at Moira’s car and and looked at James. Why had he decided to stay late? I started my car and that made him turn towards his truck. I took a deep breath and then waited until I saw it move. As I saw it disappear around the building I opened my door and ran over to the car. The dash pocket was still open so all I did was stick my hand in and pull everything out... papers and the panties. I didn’t take time to look at them just getting back in my car and heading down the street.

I was almost home when I finally spread them out on the seat. Looking down at them I couldn’t help but wonder why they were in the glove box of her car, especially since the door to it wouldn’t stay closed. I pretty much knew I’d never find out. It was going to be another unanswered question like reason for the double back panel on the cotton panties Barbara wore.

Pulling up the driveway I was somewhat surprised not to see our station wagon.
I got the answer why as soon as I walked in. There was a note on the end of the counter that Elle and the girls had gone shopping. My dinner was in the oven and all I had to do was warm it up. That solved what I had perceived would be a problem because it was now after 7pm. I wouldn’t have to explain why I was late... again.

It also gave me the opportunity to look closely at the panties. As I mentioned, I was aware of the Pam brand but had never (knowingly) had my hands on a pair. They seemed to be well made and had a nice feel to them even though they weren’t my favorite... nylon satin. The crotch was my real focus as I’d noticed some staining there. I don’t know why but I decided to give the crotch a sniff. I wasn’t sure but I thought there was a faint smell of stale urine. The best light in the house was my desk lamp so I took them into the den area and gave the crotch a real close look. It was very faint but there definitely was a urine stain. That was enough for me to surmise that the reason for them being in the glove box was that she’d leaked and taken them off, forgetting they were there. That put my mind at ease about taking them because I’d asked her, specifically, if there was anything she needed or wanted from the car. Now, all I had to do was add them to my ”stash“ of panties worn by others. I remember thinking it was very convenient of Elle to have given me the opportunity to do it fairly easily.
                           


To be continued...

3 comments:

oldblue said...

I knew it! You were not going to let a prize like that slip through your fingers. Those are some hot panties and still had a bit of scent, what a find.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking really forward to reading further from the front to where I have started, but I intend to continue reading each new addition add you publish them.. I'm starting to get my understanding of you Mr. Maven after reading this! Remember,I started on 141c I think, then I found The Beginning up through Progress 11c... I'm falling completely in love with you and Elle!!! hugs to you both, Marcia

Pantymaven said...

OB... you know me too well1 :-)

Marcia... thanks for the thumbs up! It means a lot.