Tuesday, May 24, 2016

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143k)

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143k)

The panties I’d hidden in the basement didn’t come to mind until I was almost home. Needles to say I was mad at myself but felt confident they would still be where I’d hidden them earlier. While eating Elle called me out on being ”distant“.  There was no doubt about it what with about six different ‘balls’ in the air at work. One of the birthday presents Anne had received was a board game that she really loved called ”SORRY“. I’d had one as a kid and she wanted me to play. I really didn’t want to but reluctantly agreed. As silly as it sounds playing the game relaxed me. After getting the kids to bed Elle was able to keep me that way by coming back downstairs in just a shortie robe over her bra and panties. She challenged me to a game with the winner getting to chose what we’d do next.

The game is truly one dictated almost entirely by luck... and earlier mine had been bad. Not this time! If you’ve been following this tome for any length of time you know what my choice was... a picture! The only resistance I got was that I’d have to wait until we were getting ready for bed. I agreed and had it in mind to stage a nice one right after she wet her panties before getting into her ”package“ for bed. As they say, best laid plans oft go awry... and in this case they did.

Before we headed upstairs the phone rang. It was the principal from next door asking if Elle could come in to school the next morning. Elle definitely liked to know the day (night) before rather than have to ‘scramble’ after getting a call around 7am. But, the down side to it was that it gave her a lot of time to worry about what the class would be like and would she be prepared to handle them. I was the ‘victim’ in that she didn’t feel like ‘playing’. I was told it would have to be a ”plain“ picture or none at all. I suppose I could’ve bargained for another time but...
                                 
What I settled for...

Bret was supposed to cover the door the next morning so I didn’t get there until about 8:45am. Just as I walked up to it I saw Joanie and Laura just exiting the vestibule and headed across the lobby. I had to do a double take when I saw Joanie wearing pants. I hadn’t seen her wear them before so was immediately interested. About 2/3 of the way across the lobby Laura broke off and headed towards the gate to the platform while Joanie headed for the stairs. I followed and was about 10 to 12 steps behind her when she reached the first step. I stopped at the check writing desk and pretended to be checking the slots where the deposit and withdrawal slip were located. However, I was really watching her climb the stairs and got just what I was hoping for... a nice VPL. What really made it worthwhile was in seeing the very distinctive diamond shape of a SanSoucie crotch... the panties I’d just gotten to her. Needless to say I headed for my desk with a big smile and a slight bulge.

The first thing I did after arriving at my desk was to check my reminder notes for the day on the calendar. The only thing in red was the Board meeting. Standing there I couldn’t remember if I’d written a note for the next day about Hank’s replacement, Mike, coming in. But, when I turned the page I was shocked when I saw a note in red... ”Elle B-DAY tomorrow". With all the turmoil I’d overlooked it.

Now, I have to add something about Elle and that birthday, her 30th. For some reason that even she couldn’t explain she didn’t want to face the fact that she was turning 30. She’d even told both sets of parents that she didn’t want a party or any gifts. I’d made fun of it which only served to her upset her more. I did get her to allow the kids to give her cards and to allow cupcakes at supper in lieu of a birthday cake. But that was to be it. As I said, I’d made fun of her fear of turning 30 and had hatched a plan to rub it in on her actual birth day. It was a good thing that I saw the note on the calendar or there would’ve been no chance for it to happen. Now I had time.

By Wednesday the messenger routine for Bret and I was staring to wear on both of us. When I told Bret that I was really hopeful that I had a replacement for Hank I remember him almost yelling ”Hallelujah!“. One of my duties on a board meeting day was to make sure Trish had set up the table where the members sat with copies of the minutes from the previous meeting as well as all the Mortgage Committee meetings since the last Board meeting. When I stepped into the room the plans for the new branch were still on the table. Seeing them upset me. Once Hobie told me there was no chance of modifying them I pretty much gave up on it. But, seeing the plans once again I took a look at them. I don’t know how long I stood there staring at them but suddenly it dawned on me that the manager would be in an office that would keep him (or her) from being able to see the work area. To me, that was unacceptable. There had been a number of instances where, because of my open location, I was able to intercede with potential problems. I immediately went to find Hobie.

I’m not going to say he gave me any hope that the plans would be revisited but he didn’t brush me off. With the news about the telephone company problem still prominent in my mind I didn’t hold out much hope as I finished up. Just as I was about to leave the room Moira walked in. She handed me a sheaf of papers and said they were for the meeting. It was then that I remembered that she’d told me she’d been working on a report for the meeting.  I wasn’t really ready to get her hopes up about what Brucie had told me the night before about possibly renting out the used mobile homes he had on his lot  so only mentioned that I was working on it. That was enough to elicit a big smile... and put one on my face as well.

As far as I knew there was nothing special on the agenda for the Board meeting. Since Bret had taken the door in the morning I got the duty for the afternoon. I’d been hoping that it wouldn’t be long so I’d have time to get started on my birthday plan for Elle. Most meetings were over by 5pm and I was hoping the members would be leaving the same time as the employees. I’d made a trip to the basement and had retrieved the box with the panties and had it safely in my briefcase so all that was necessary was for the meeting to be over. 5:15pm... 5:30pm... 5:45pm... and still no Trustees. It was time to call Elle.

To be continued...
 

No comments: