Monday, May 30, 2016

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143n)

AUTUMN... now the changes (Part 143n)

Throughout all the time we’d dated, been engaged and married I’d surprised her many, many times. However, this was the biggest one yet. She walked into the kitchen and saw the wheelchair about 3 feet inside the door. Her jaw dropped and she stood there staring at it for many seconds before she looked to her left and saw me. I had no idea what she was going to do or say but I’ll tell you this... I certainly didn’t expect her to start laughing. With all the talk about not recognizing her birthday and how serious she’d been when talking with both her and my mother about it... it was the very last thing I thought she’d do... but she did... and kept on laughing. She ended up holding her sides and then making a mad dash past me into the bathroom. Of course I followed. She was sitting on the toilet with the hem of her dress up in her lap. What I didn’t see was panties down around her knees. Instant bulge. She was still trying to stifle a laugh as she looked up and said something like “I can’t believe you did that!” and started laughing again. We were both afraid the kids would follow us so we shut the door. They were too busy pushing the wheelchair to pay us much attention.

When Elle finally gained control she lifted the hem and I could see she had peed through her panties. She gave me a sheepish look saying that by the time she got to the toilet they were already wet. However, she was trying to be mad at me for the wheelchair and wouldn’t let me touch her. She mopped the crotch of her panties with toilet paper and then headed upstairs to get dry ones.

In the previous post I had written in the caption under the picture that she made me “pay” for having given her the chair. As soon as she returned downstairs she told me that I owed her a “real” present because of it. Still in her dress from school she made supper and then we took pictures. She was over whatever it was that had her so fearful of being 30 years old and we all had fun with the chair. When I’d dropped Kaye off at the day care at the church I mentioned that it was Elle’s birthday to Phyllis (the neighbor) and how we weren’t to have a party. Around 8pm there was a knock on the door. When I turned on the patio light there was Phyllis and her two girls with something in her hands. I opened the door and they walked in with a small pan of freshly baked brownies and three candles in the middle. That was a BIG surprise and Elle actually appreciated the thought.

Our weekly paper was published on Thursdays. It didn’t take long to go through it and most of the time I didn’t bother. For some reason I’d quickly flipped through it that week and had noticed an ad place by the lady I’d become friends with while at the first bank I’d worked for. She was the one who had started a dress boutique and I’d bought some things for Elle from her store. I hadn’t been there in a while because she ended up stuffing so many clothes into the small area that you couldn’t really get a good look at the items. The ad was announcing a “Moving Sale” and I could see from the picture in the ad that her husband was allowing her to move across the street into two vacant stores. The idea behind the sale was to clear out stuff so she didn’t have to move it and could start out with mostly new goods before Christmas. As soon as we got up on Saturday Elle reminded me that I now owed her a present and it came to me about Judith’s sale. My normal routine was to head for the ‘dump’ (landfill) first thing, getting that chore out of the way. Judith’s place was only about five miles from the ‘dump’ so I figured “Why not?

The ‘dump’ was always an interesting place and there was seldom a time I didn’t return with some sort of ”treasure” that someone else had discarded. I remember this trip because I found a perfectly good bookcase with the exception that someone had painted it a bile green. I needed something in the shed portion of my garage to get small stuff off  the floor and out of the way. As I picked it off the pile of junk I saw a couple of cardboard boxes under it. One of them had burst part way open displaying some kind of material. I’d been looking for rags to replenish the ones that “Big B” and I had used when I put together the motor for his race car. After getting the bookcase into the station wagon I went back to look at the boxes. I could see that there were three very similar ones and all had the name “Karen” written on them. Looking through the damaged carton I could see it was all women’s or girls clothes. At first glance they all looked perfectly good. Because the crew at the ‘dump’ had to keep people moving right along I knew I didn’t have the time to do much with the box so picked it up and put it in with the bookcase. I was going to leave at that point but I saw the guy who’d been ‘pushing’ me to get a move on was yelling at another poor soul so I went back and grabbed the other two boxes.

I’d promised to be home by 10am so Elle could take the girls to their 4H meeting which didn’t give me a lot of time to get to Judith’s store, peruse the clothes and make a choice. I decided to wait until I got home to look into all three boxes. Only because of the sale was the store open that early. Luckily, there weren’t many customers at that early hour (about 9am) so I had free reign to look around. Judith was her usual effusive self and we chatted as I went from rack to rack. I found a two piece plaid wool suit that I thought Elle would like. The price, even on sale, was a little ‘rich’ for my wallet but in the long run figured Elle was worth it. As Judith rang up the sale I saw something out of the corner of my eye that had been familiar to me in the past... the robins egg blue of a VanRaalte box of some sort of lingerie. Only there were at least a dozen of them stacked on the floor in the very back part of the store. I asked about them and she said they were all new and for the new store. The bins she kept the slips and panties had been picked through to the extent she wanted everything to be new. I asked if the ones in the bins were on sale and she said she hadn’t marked them down but she’d sell me what ever I picked out at half price. I looked at my watch and knew I was ’pushing the envelope’ but headed for the bins. I ended up with four fancy pink panties and two pale blue ones. The cost... about $5. That was a deal! The only thing was finding a way to integrate them into Elle’s almost all white panty drawer. A problem to worry about later.  

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

That picture and the whole idea was outstanding. I made quite a find like that one time in and area were people just dumped stuff along the road. All long gone in a periodic purge, too many moves in my life to save anything. Moving a stash of panties is somewhat difficult.

Pantymaven said...

OB... :-) On the stash of panties... when we moved 2 Summers ago I had to face that but just couldn't let them go