Friday, August 26, 2016

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Conversion (Part 147d)

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Conversion (Part 147d)

Elle had mentioned something about going to a party at the house of a new teacher friend to ring in the new year as I was leaving for work that day. I made the mistake of not saying ”No.“ right then and there. By the time I got home it was around 7pm and all I’d had to eat was a cold BLT sandwich from the diner in town. At that point all I wanted was some nice warm food and to relax. The kids, who I hadn’t seen much of all week, wanted me to play the games with them that they’d received as Christmas presents. It was almost easier to go back to work.

Even though I knew I’d get an ear full of complaints from Elle I tried to stand my ground and told her she could go and I’d stay home with the kids. She threw out the fact that she’d made arrangements for Mo, Barbara’s older sister, to baby sit and at that point I knew I was going to be on the loosing side. I told her there was no way I was going to stay to see the ball drop at midnight in New York but she didn’t say anything. So, after eating and changing my clothes I went next door to get Mo.

It’s not that I’m anti-social but I prefer to socialize with people I’m at last familiar with. Out of those who were there I might have met two before arriving at the house. On top of being uncomfortable in the situation I was really, really tired. I’m not sure how long it was before I sat down and fell asleep. Elle woke me up and was definitely not happy with me. I stayed on my feet after that and managed to stay awake until I couldn’t take it any more. It was about 11pm when I told Elle I was leaving. A couple of her teacher friends were after her to stay until midnight and said they’d drive her home. I shrugged my shoulders and left.

It was like a different Mo when I got home. She seemed nervous and anxious to leave heading for the door before I could pay her. I managed to ask if everything had worked out OK and as she disappeared into the darkness I heard a faint ”Yes“. I headed straight for bed after checking on the kids. In spite of concerns about getting everything done the next day I fell right to sleep and never even heard Elle when she climbed into bed. In fact, the next thing I knew it was almost 8am. Like the day before, I wanted to be at the bank around 9:30am so knew I had to hustle a bit to get my shower, shave and eat. As I’ve described in previous posts, the only shower in the house was on the first floor. I walked into the bathroom, turned on the light and saw the little rug all balled up and under the sink. I wondered why. I pulled it out and felt dampness. As it unrolled I saw something white fall out. Bending over to pick it up I saw something dark on it. I had to smile when I saw this little frog applique. I shook it out and saw I had a pair of panties in my hand... and they were damp as well.

They were unlike any I’d ever seen before. I knew they had to belong to Mo but I’d seen her panties on a clothesline and they were definitely bigger than these were. They even felt different and I decided to pull each side and found they stretched. Even more perplexing. I found there was no tag to assist my investigation.
                             
Mo's Froggy panties


I don’t know how long all that took but I knew I had to really get going. I can’t remember what I was thinking but I ended up carrying the panties into the shower with me. When I stepped out I wasn’t sure what to do with them. I knew they weren’t going back into the rug. I was drying off my feet and bending down when I saw the ’elbow’ for the sink drain and a rag hanging in it. Voila! The panties went there. I just hoped that I’d be able to get to them before leaving. My 'find' was certainly a pleasant surprise.

When I stepped out of the bathroom I was greeted by Jean, my oldest. I asked her if she’d had fun with Mo and the first words out of her mouth were ”She wet her pants... and the floor.“ I certainly wasn’t expecting that pronouncement. Jean had always had the tendency to be a bit of a tattle tale so it wasn’t a surprise that she told me. I had to ask what had happened and she proceeded to explain that they’d moved some of the living room furniture and were doing some tumbling tricks. Then something happened and they all ended up on top of Mo and then started laughing. She said that Mo pushed them all off and ran into the bathroom. Jean then made a face and told me that Mo made them go to bed after that and she was mad. I asked why and she said that Elle had told her they could stay up until 9pm and it wasn’t nine yet. I tried to remember just what Mo was wearing when I’d gotten home but couldn’t. But, I knew she wasn’t wearing panties and thought it was pretty funny. Elle was still asleep when I got dressed and figured that was a good thing. I got myself some breakfast and before leaving made my way back into the bathroom. With the panties balled up in my hand I headed off for work.

The only one who was late was Lillian. I, more or less, figured that if anyone was going to be it would be her. Liz, the auditor, Laura, her assistant and Bette from accounting were due in at 11am. The reason was that the service bureau was sending a messenger out with the printout of all our data inputs and wasn’t expected until about then. Everybody seemed quiet and there was little ‘chatter’. We started in by continuing to check the posting journals just as we’d done the day before. The messenger arrived before Liz and her crew which gave me a chance to look the print outs over. It only took me a few minutes to realize that it was a good thing that Gracie had told us about checking against the teller machine journals. As I explained a while back our numbering system was called ”terminal digit”. That meant all the ledgers were filed with the last digit of the account number being primary. All the printouts from the data center had the account numbers in strict numerical order. If we’d waited to do the checking from the printouts it couldn’t have been done... at all. I remember standing there and silently thanking Gracie.

To be continued...
   

2 comments:

badside said...

Cute panties! Wonder if she ever came looking for them. Probably too embarrassed I'd guess.

Pantymaven said...

BS... No she didn't. In fact, it was almost a month later before I saw her again.