Sunday, August 14, 2016

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Peggy (Part 146g)

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Peggy (Part 146g)

Elle knew something was on my mind. I got away with telling her it was the upcoming conversion at the bank. I’d told her, well in advance, that I’d be working the whole weekend at the end of the month, including New Years day, because all the data had to input so we could open the doors on that Tuesday. I’d told her I was really, really worried about it so when I used it as an excuse that night she accepted it. However, I was still mulling the situation over when I went to bed.

By daylight I’d made up my mind. I realized that with Peggy’s already fragile psyche that any drastic change in the way I treated her might be disastrous as far as work was concerned. It was too close to the conversion to take a chance as I needed all the people at work to ‘be on board’ as far as commitment to getting it done was concerned. I had to go forward and the next step was in getting a pair of panties to Peggy to try on. I wasn’t worried about the potential for the situation to backfire too much as she had offered to buy them... at least that was the way I had it in my mind.

In a perfect world Elle would’ve been called in to work that morning allowing me to get to my ‘stash’. It didn’t happen. When Elle was getting breakfast for all of us I made a desperate move and went to her panty drawer. I knew there were some panties in there that Elle hadn’t worn, or if she did, not more than once. I was hoping to find a pair of size 5 SanSoucie panties. They were the ones made by the company my friend Willie now owned. When I’d asked for samples he’d ended up sending boxes of them instead. The ones I’d given Peggy earlier were made by his first lingerie company and were called Evette. Both were cut a bit larger than most panties. I know the panties I’d given Peggy were size 4’s and she said they didn’t fit any more so my only chance was size 5. Elle could wear either size, preferring the 5’s when she wore them. So I started rooting around. SansSoucie panties are easy to identify what with their diamond shaped crotch. I flipped through one pile and found two. As I pulled them out I was praying that they weren’t stained. Opening the first pair I was disappointed to find that even though they appeared not to have been worn they were size 4. To make the situation worse, I knew I had to fold them up and put them back and time was fleeting. The second pair was obviously a size 5 and as I looked at the crotch I could see a faint bit of yellow. I really didn’t hesitate... and stuffed them into my pocket anyway.

I was able to get the panties into my briefcase but didn’t have anything to put them in. Even if I did I wasn’t sure how to get them to Peggy in a discrete manner. I was too busy during the day to worry about it. School was out for the Christmas break which meant there would be no activity in the school savings program until after the first of the new year. Bret had been overseeing Peggy and the whole program and he came to me asking if it would be possible to convert all the school savings accounts prior to the end of the year. He pointed out that if we did then the service bureau would do the interest calculations for the quarter and save us a lot of time. A call to Albie got the wheels in motion. It didn’t take long to get a positive response. They were ready on their end and I was told we could start as soon as we wanted. Hearing that, I had Bret get Peggy and the three of us started on a plan of attack.

We had the account ledger cards together in short order but, the new teller machines we’d borrowed from the service bureau were still out in the general work area and there was no place to put the bins of ledger cards. Until we came up with a solution to that there was nothing more we could do. Bret turned back to his desk and Peggy got up to leave. Seeing Bret pick up his phone gave me the opportunity to tell Peggy I had something for her and to stop back when she had her coat on and was ready to leave. As I did I saw her start to smile. I wasn’t sure I liked seeing it though. It was about a half hour until she headed my way. I’d managed to get the panties into a small kraft envelope. I decided to tell her that they were Elle’s panties and if she was uncomfortable with that I’d understand. She just said “Thanks” and walked away. As she did I remember shaking my head wondering just what she was thinking.

The envelope was on my desk when I got there the next morning. I looked around but didn’t see Peggy. I felt the envelope and knew there was something more than the panties in it so quickly went into the rest room that was right there to check it out. I found a note wrapped inside the panties. “They’re not the same as the other ones but are still very nice. I like the feel of the material though. If they don’t cost too much would you please order me six. Thanks... Peggy”. Cost wasn’t an issue. Getting to my ‘stash’ of new panties was. At least that matter was decided and I could get on with the regular business of the bank.

The bank’s new teller machines had arrived from the factory but we had no place to put them. One of the bank Trustees owned a farm equipment company and with it being Winter, his inventory was way down so he allowed them to be delivered there. What the arrival of them meant was I now had to get the teller counters modified so the new machines would fit. The only time it could be done was over the weekend. Bret volunteered to go in for the morning and I said I’d take the afternoon and stay until the work was finished. At home, when I told Elle I had to go in and oversee the work she decided she was going to take to take the kids to the regional mall to see Santa. As soon as I heard the word "mall" I knew that was going to cost me money. But, the positive side to it was I would now have my chance to get to my 'stash' and the panties for Peggy.
                   

SansSoucie


To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Got behind in my reading, wow Peggy is turning out to be a plus. The idea of her wearing panties that you gave her is kind of a turn on to me. I just hope she does not read more into it than you doing her a favor. I can't imagine talking to a woman about what kind of panties she is wearing, blows my mind, but you seem to have reduced it to everyday conversation.
Love the gusset on those. Oh, for the good old days and plenty of VPL sightings.

Pantymaven said...

OB... What was really mind blowing was that there were now three girls wearing them... Laura, Joanie and now, Peggy.

As an aside... I still have a batch of these SanSoucie panties, still in the original boxes.