Monday, October 10, 2016

ANOTHER YEAR... new adventures (Part 151h)

ANOTHER YEAR... new adventures (Part 151h)

I knew that if I found what I was looking for there wouldn’t be much time to get it to Gee and for him to get to the court house. In J J’s office I started with the middle drawer and found it to be locked. I checked the side drawers and saw no obvious envelope. What I did see was a key in a small tray holding pens, paper clips and the like. I hesitated before picking it up. Remembering the tone of Gee’s voice, I placed it in the lock and was hoping that I didn’t find it as I didn’t want J J to know I’d been prying into his stuff. Pulling it open I breathed a sigh of relief when there was no large envelope. However, now that it was open I did take a quick look at what he had in it. Mostly scraps of paper with notes scribbled on them. I did see a small white envelope with a picture partially exposed. I hesitated before picking it up. Once in my hand I quickly pulled the picture out... and, to put it bluntly... almost s__t myself. I recognized who it was immediately... Lynne, J J’s secretary.



There had been some ‘whispers’ that J J and Lynne were just a bit too ‘cozy’. I’d overheard Bob, the bank appraiser, mentioning that to Lena. I, myself, had a suspicion and had mentioned it to Bret one night when we were working late. I thought everybody from the second floor had gone and then I saw Lynne come down the stairs with J J. They never looked over where we were working and I told Bret that it appeared that they were surprised to find us still there. He just smiled.

I stared at the picture and tried to conjure up how J J had convinced Lynne to even have a picture like this taken. As I was putting it back in the envelope I noticed some writing on the front of it. In script were the words ”To John“ with a big cursive ”L“ underneath it. John was J J’s given name but I’d never heard anyone call him by that in all the time he’d been working at the bank. Seeing what was on the front of the envelope was, to me, proof of his having some sort of relationship with Lynne. Even after all these years I can’t give a specific reason why I decided to take the picture and the envelope.

It was probably a combination of things. Being mad at J J was probably my main focus. I liked J J but he continually failed to use good judgement. One of the comments I’d heard Hobie say, on more than one occasion, was that J J knew his mortgages but lacked good common sense about life in general. I’ve written about how he’d come to see me wanting something right away and be totally ignorant of what I was doing being it waiting on a customer or talking on the phone. Not that I condone ”affairs“, but I do remember thinking that he could’ve found someone other than his secretary to get involved with.

I was disappointed in Lynne, even cutting her some slack for being young and naive. Her family was well known in the Polish community with her mother leading one of the Catholic charities in the area. I was concerned back when J J ‘appropriated’ her as his secretary and even spoke to her giving her a gentle warning about J J. It was obvious that it went unheeded. J J, with five kids, was struggling financially and, to my way of thinking, if something happened and Lynne got pregnant he’d be in real trouble.

So, as I left the bank that night I had the picture. I was almost positive that when J J found it missing he’d not be able to trace it back to me. I’d put it in my briefcase with the intention of putting it with all my other pictures. I’d purchased a few mini photo albums that held 72 pictures each and I could fit four of them in a shoe box. The shoe boxes were perfect for most of my ‘stash’ of panties because they’d fit behind the drawer in the bottom of the cedar closet in Anne’s room. Now, the question was when I could get into the closet without being seen.

The roads were clear on the way home so I made it in good time. I neglected to call Elle to tell her I’d be early so she was surprised. We’d made good progress on overcoming the fallout from Gracie’s visit and arriving early helped even more. It meant she could start supper early and be out of the kitchen in time to watch the news on TV. Eating dinner the conversation was normal with the kids describing the fun they had with the ”mountain“ that John, the farmer, had made with the snow from the driveway. Later, with Elle still in a good mood, I even started thinking about some ‘extra curricular activity’. However, that didn’t pan out but she did let me snuggle into her backside when we went to bed. ”Little victories!“ was my thought as I drifted off to sleep.

As a result of the heavy wet snow there was some residual yard clean up to do on Saturday. As was typical for the area when it snowed, the temperature had risen about 10 degrees making for the snow to turn to slush. The kids were disappointed and so was I. The sidewalks around the church had to be shoveled and it was my turn for the duty. Not fun! While I was there Phyllis and her girls showed up. When the day care was closed on Thursday night it was expected that it would be open Friday and at the end of the day the place would be cleaned up so it would be ready for the church goers on Sunday. It didn’t happen so they were there to do it Saturday. I always enjoyed seeing the girls, especially Barbara. I came inside after finishing up and saw that they’d gotten most of their things boxed up. Barbara was in the process of attempting to push a big cardboard box into the closet but it was stuck so I went over to help. As she bent down I was presented with a very nice DP (downpants). It was especially nice because there were two waist elastics to view. I recognized one as being on the Lollipop panties I knew she wore but didn’t recognize the other. Something new to ponder.
======================================

Since I’ll be putting this thread (Part 151) to bed I thought I’d fill you in on the missing envelope which is what led me to Lynne’s picture.

J J had given it to Mike, the messenger custodian, when he left on Thursday night telling him to deliver it first thing on Friday morning. Since Mike never made it in it didn’t get delivered until Monday morning. Also, the reason J J didn’t answer the phone was that he’d been called by someone at his church to come and help them out. The heavy snow had collapsed the roof in the annex of the building and they were trying to move the priest’s vestments to a dry area and to get the hole covered. His wife had gone with him so no one was home to answer the phone. I never did find out where Lynne was when I'd called, not that it mattered.

To be continued...
  

3 comments:

oldblue said...

I don't suppose JJ ever went around asking about the missing picture.
There is an old saying "never shit close to your nest", I guess JJ never got that message.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I knew you'd find something hidden in JJ's desk! I'm glad I got to see the pic, but wow, you took a risk taking it. I bet JJ was pretty paranoid after it went missing. Probably seeing things on people's faces that weren't really there, if you know what I mean.

Bad

Pantymaven said...

OB... there were a lot of 'messages' that J J never got... :-)

BS... I, personally, never got the feeling that he was ever concerned. J J was always about himself. If there was ever anything concerning the picture it never got back to me. AND... I do know what you mean. Some people can't hide guilty feelings... on anything...